Hug your furkids...

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just can't hold back the tears. It's such wonderful news. Thankyou so much for sharing the story of this strong wonderful kitty with us.

Az - your a fighter & your proof of how strong the will to live can be, and what a positive attitude can accopmlish. Keep fighting the good fight.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

muttigreemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can't thank you all enough for sticking with Az and I through this whole thing. It's definately been an ordeal and you're all the best

Az stopped eating last night and his cold seemed to get worse. Mom took him back to the vet. They think he wasn't eating because his nose was so stuffed up he couldn't smell anything. They put him on stronger antibiotics, but said the cold wasn't in his chest, so it's still not too terrible, but they'll keep an eye on it. He's supposed to be on a prescription diet (which he was eating before, so they dont think it's a matter of him just not liking it), but the vet told mom to give him whatever he would eat for a day or two just to get some food in him while his nose clears up. So tonight, he dined on tuna

Mom also sent me some pics of Az from tonight. You can see all the places where he had to be shaved for the IV's and other things, so he looks a little funny... and to me he looks a little worn out, but I don't know if that's easy to see in the pics for anyone else since I know what he looks like normally....

But here's what she sent:

huggles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
ohmy those pictures brought tears to my eyes

I hope your nose clears up real soon Az and you can get back to being the happy boy that you are. Your such a fighter and I can see that in your eyes now. Thankyou so much for sharing these photos with us

sheilad

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I hesitated about checking the thread but am so glad I did. Az is such an amazing fighter! We are still keeping you guys in our thoughts.

thecatsmeow

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
awww poor thing. It's good to see him standing up, considering what he was in less than a week ago! I'm so happy he's a fighter!!

ncarpi75

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
This thread is a tear-jerker for sure. I am so happy for you!!
I just want to kiss that gorgeous boy!

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hey, Az, you're doing great! And all your fans are pulling for you! Keep it up, Sweetie!
Hope that little "code id da doze" clears up soon!

casa de gato

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
When I saw the thread up again I was scared to open it, but so glad that AZ has come through. Seeing him the photo's it is hard to believe that a week ago he was close to deaths door.

We all send lots of hugs accross the seas.

muttigreemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pombina

When do you get to see him?
Hard to tell, but hopefully sooner than later!

Originally the plan was to bring all three boys down as soon as I closed on my house. That way I could have my kitties back and mom could come landscape my house!
(She just retired and joined a Master Gardener program, whereas anything with leaves and a stem has a death wish around me
) But after this, we want to make sure he's darn good and ready to travel first - especially since it looks like mom will be driving down and that could be a 2 day drive. At this point, it's looking like I might not see him until the family comes down for Thanksgiving.

I'm hoping I can fly up for a weekend or something to go visit him. It's just tough with the dogs here and having to kennel them and such. (They're very hyper, young lab mixes who get bored VERY easily when they're in a kennel.)

So it's all very up in the air right now. But, hopefully I can work something out to get up there soon *fingers crossed*.

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Levi, Jordan, Isaac & Maggie wanted to send some special kitty hugs to Az in the hopes that his cold will go away quickly & he'll be able to keep up the good work on recovery.
Maggie wanted to send a special note that if he's ever in Milwaukee she'd love a date as she thinks he's dreamy.

muttigreemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
*Sigh* Well....

Az was recovering nicely... was allowed outside the bedroom. Was reintroduced to his buds Jack and Johnny... Johnny is spending his days curled up with Az to help him out. Jack is still unsure what to make of Az since Az is still shaky and wobly, etc.

But Az started getting lethargic. Back to the vet. Temp 104. Az has pneumonia. Now on two types of antibiotics. Not doing well again.

Guess we'll see how this goes.... this poor kid. What a mess!

ncarpi75

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Poor little guy.......he has been through so much! You, your family, and Az are in our thoughts and hearts.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
OOOOOOOOOO NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Poor Babe! What more does this sweetie have to endure before he's well again? Here come the prayers and vibes for sweet Az
Hope you're feeling much better real soon!
And "Hang In there" vibes for all his humans, too

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Poor Az! I'm so sorry to hear he's doing poorly again, and am keeping my fingers crossed that he pulls through the pneumonia.