Hug your furkids...

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So glad to hear he is still fighting so hard and sounds like he's finding ways to compensate for the loss of sight which means even if it never returns he'll do OK without it. I'll keep praying for him!!!!

Az - you keep up the good fight.

mybabies

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Many people are Praying for YOU too AZ so you get well too!

Sending love and Prayers

thecatsmeow

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm glad to read that he's doing somewhat better, hopefully he'll overcome this and that'll be it, and he can live the rest of his life w/o any problems! You guys are still in our prayers!

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by MuttigreeMom

I almost forgot.. one more story.

It seems that since Az can't see or smell (stuffed nose), he kind of senses when the other cats are there, but he can't tell who's who unless he gets *really* close and buries his nose in their fur.

Apparently this has caused a little uproar among the cats. Johnny thinks it's the best thing in the world and responds by licking Az to death. Jack is still a little unsure about it, but deals because he's Az's buddy.

However, my mom's cat Gemini is so not liking this AT ALL. (Not surprising - Gemini doesn't really like anyone or anything except my mom
) Supposedly, Gemini's stormed off in a huff more than once after he's done this while Az just sat there going "Whudid I do?"

Even sickly, he's still too adorable for words
You go, AZ!! Lotsa prayers for you, sweet one -- let's get this licked!

Such a sweet story.

mybabies

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Keep fighting AZ! We LOVE you and want you WELL and full of the dickens again!

mybabies

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MuttigreeMom

So sorry for not updating, but I just didn't have any info to pass on. Was waiting for a call from my mom and I finally got it.

Here's the scoop.

The pneumonia is getting better, the fever is not. They vets are starting to think he might be having a full body inflamation due to everything he's been through. He wasn't eating, very lethargic. Stayed at the vet's overnight for observation.

They gave him a shot of cortizone and that perked him right up. Started eating - but only after mom put some food on his tongue as he still can't see/smell food (nose is still a bit blocked and sniffly). Mom said the cortizone helped his movements as well... he ended up keeping her up all night hopping on and off the bed.

Ok, so they have him on pregnizone pills to help him eat, move and work on the fever. Right now, everyone's just kind of watching every move he makes so we can catch anything happening at the first sign.

But he's moving around and eating. That's a bonus! Still can't see. Doc said his eyes are responding to light but what he's "seeing" isn't yet being sent to his brain. There's still hope on that front. And I hear they're sending his blood work over to the U of Tenn (I think?) to double check and make sure there isn't anything they've missed.

Ok, I think I got everything.

I can't thank you all enough for your prayers. It's been a trying time, but they definately seem to be working!
HOW IS he today? We have not heard from you since Wednesday!

doomkittie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Poor Az! I started reading this and I just couldn't stop, had to see how your baby was doing
Poor little guy having to go through so much..my prayers are with you! Hope Az just gets better and better

mybabies

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Doomkittie

Poor Az! I started reading this and I just couldn't stop, had to see how your baby was doing
Poor little guy having to go through so much..my prayers are with you! Hope Az just gets better and better
Why doesn't she tell us how he is? It has been days?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

muttigreemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I swear! I just didn't have any information to pass on! I can only tell you guys what I get told.. I was in the dark just as much as you guys were. I would never hold back info I promise

So like I said, I knew absolutely nothing, until I got a call first thing this morning from my mom, who said, and I quote:

"Happy days are here again
The skies above are clear again
So let's sing a song of cheer again
Happy days are here again!

I just spoke with the vet again and as of this morning Az has a clean bill of heath! She doesn't need to see him again unless anything becomes amiss, but he's been doing great. A little scared of your Aunt [note: elderly aunt visiting my mom for two weeks. probably why mom didn't update me], but that's normal for him. No fever. Everything is going just fine!"

Still can't see, but he's dealing with that quite nicely.
And he is 100% back to being his normal little devil of a self

I almost feel like crossposting this over in the "cat site miracles" thread in the general forum. God knows I think we have another one on our hands! He's a fighter, but I don't think he could have fought as much without everyones prayers, vibes and well wishes. You are all the best

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm just so happy to hear this update. When I saw the post, I took a deep breath preparing for who knows what. My babies & I are still sending vibes to him to keep him strong!!!

mybabies

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
THANK YOU SO MUCH for Posting! I was so frightened! I am THRILLED beyond words! He IS a True MIRACLE boy! I will continue to keep him in my Prayers!

I am so happy!