Hug your furkids...

unscleric

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Good luck with everything, having something wrong with an animal you love is the worst thing in my opinion, cause you can't talk with them, and they can't talk with you, you feel very helpess and miserable.

May God be with you and your kitty!

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh Az, hang in there bud. Your strong & you have such a will to live all your friends on T.C.S. are pulling for you.

sparkie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
What a little fighter! Those pictures you posted at the beginning are simply precious. How anyone could hurt such a sweet little guy is beyond me. He really sounds like a tough soul and he's lucky to have you as his mommie

Lots of strength and good vibes from me and my three furbabies

mybabies

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
AZ is In my Prayers and on the Church Prayer list too!

KEEP FIGHTING AZ we LOVE YOU!

mybabies

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MuttigreeMom

*Sigh* Well....

Az started getting lethargic. Back to the vet. Temp 104. Az has pneumonia. Now on two types of antibiotics. Not doing well again.

Guess we'll see how this goes.... this poor kid. What a mess!
PLEASE tell us how AZ is today! Am Praying for him every day!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

muttigreemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So sorry for not updating, but I just didn't have any info to pass on. Was waiting for a call from my mom and I finally got it.

Here's the scoop.

The pneumonia is getting better, the fever is not. They vets are starting to think he might be having a full body inflamation due to everything he's been through. He wasn't eating, very lethargic. Stayed at the vet's overnight for observation.

They gave him a shot of cortizone and that perked him right up. Started eating - but only after mom put some food on his tongue as he still can't see/smell food (nose is still a bit blocked and sniffly). Mom said the cortizone helped his movements as well... he ended up keeping her up all night hopping on and off the bed.

Ok, so they have him on pregnizone pills to help him eat, move and work on the fever. Right now, everyone's just kind of watching every move he makes so we can catch anything happening at the first sign.

But he's moving around and eating. That's a bonus! Still can't see. Doc said his eyes are responding to light but what he's "seeing" isn't yet being sent to his brain. There's still hope on that front. And I hear they're sending his blood work over to the U of Tenn (I think?) to double check and make sure there isn't anything they've missed.

Ok, I think I got everything.

I can't thank you all enough for your prayers. It's been a trying time, but they definately seem to be working!

mybabies

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MuttigreeMom

So sorry for not updating, but I just didn't have any info to pass on. Was waiting for a call from my mom and I finally got it.

Here's the scoop.

The pneumonia is getting better, the fever is not. They vets are starting to think he might be having a full body inflamation due to everything he's been through. He wasn't eating, very lethargic. Stayed at the vet's overnight for observation.

They gave him a shot of cortizone and that perked him right up. Started eating - but only after mom put some food on his tongue as he still can't see/smell food (nose is still a bit blocked and sniffly). Mom said the cortizone helped his movements as well... he ended up keeping her up all night hopping on and off the bed.

Ok, so they have him on pregnizone pills to help him eat, move and work on the fever. Right now, everyone's just kind of watching every move he makes so we can catch anything happening at the first sign.

But he's moving around and eating. That's a bonus! Still can't see. Doc said his eyes are responding to light but what he's "seeing" isn't yet being sent to his brain. There's still hope on that front. And I hear they're sending his blood work over to the U of Tenn (I think?) to double check and make sure there isn't anything they've missed.

Ok, I think I got everything.

I can't thank you all enough for your prayers. It's been a trying time, but they definately seem to be working!
Thanks for updating us! A year ago last December, my Kotton had pneumonia and a fever of 105. It took a week or more before it went to normal. SHE was not eating though.

I am off to bed and off to Pray for AZ! Sweet love!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

muttigreemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I almost forgot.. one more story.

It seems that since Az can't see or smell (stuffed nose), he kind of senses when the other cats are there, but he can't tell who's who unless he gets *really* close and buries his nose in their fur.

Apparently this has caused a little uproar among the cats. Johnny thinks it's the best thing in the world and responds by licking Az to death. Jack is still a little unsure about it, but deals because he's Az's buddy.

However, my mom's cat Gemini is so not liking this AT ALL. (Not surprising - Gemini doesn't really like anyone or anything except my mom
) Supposedly, Gemini's stormed off in a huff more than once after he's done this while Az just sat there going "Whudid I do?"

Even sickly, he's still too adorable for words

ncarpi75

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I said this in an earlier post, but it still remains the truth........Az is an inspiration...what a fighter!!

mybabies

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Such a Tuff litta Trooper! I am upping my Prayers for him!