How much do your cats weigh?

emma2000uk

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I went to the vets the other day and she informed me that Allie is overweight! But she didnt weigh her, my cat does look fatter but i think thats because she is very fluffly and has loadsa hair! Plus she ia very much an indoor cat and she doesnt like to do much, so she is prone to putting on weight, i have cut her food down anyways so we will see!

purity

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Alfie is about 2lb and Max about 1 & half lb, which I believe is healthy for a three month old kitten

4newkittens

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Landon is 29 lbs and 2 yrs old he is overweight

Kendall had kittens on july 25th she weights about 7 lbs 2 lbs of that is probaly her milk. she was tiny before the babies

stephenm

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Blue and Cadbury 3 and 5 yrs old weigh 3 kilos each, as does 1 yr old Robin. Caleb at a yr old is 3.5 kilos while 2 yr old Tinga is 4 kilos. Kendra is closer to 3 and weighs in at 5 kilos, Thomas at 6 yrs is 6 kilos and Buffy at 3 is 7.5 kilos, but he is quite a large framed cat.

catlady8

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
This has always been a stickler for me.
Hisser weighs 12 lbs.-10 yrs old-Tabby
Barnaby 18 lbs-9 yrs old-Maine Coon
Kirby 20 lbs-8 yrs old-Absininian
Mr.Spitz 19-20 lbs-6 yrs old-Orange Long hair
Rama 10 lbs- 6 yrs old-partcial Tortie
Gonzo 20-22 lbs-6 yrs old-Str8 short orange cat
Gizmo 10 lbs-4 1/2 yrs old-part Absininian/short hair orange
Precious 13 lbs.-3 yrs old-medium hair grey white

megh_06

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Sebastian is tipping the scales close to twenty pounds. He's very playful and frisky and no matter how much we restrict his diet, he doesn't lose the weight. The vet has never really said anything about his weight, except that he is a very "large" cat.
He's always been like this, even before we had him neutered.

Bella is the exact opposite (mostly because she is still a little kitten) She only weighs three pounds and her legs are really long and skinny
. I just had her spayed, but I think she is active enough that she won't gain weight. She hasn't ever "pigged out" and she drinks a lot of water, so she's watching her weight I guess.

bengalbabe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CJandBilly

One way I'd also say, is that since one is fat and the other skinny and agile, the skinny kitty can jump higher than the fat one,
I think our idea of healthy weight in cats is plump enough not to be able to feel ribs and hips.... but that really is not a healthy weight. Like this poster said cats who are on the thinner side are more agile. You'd find that in the natural setting that cats are long and lean with lots of muscles. People tend to overfeed all of thier domestic animals!

absolutchaos

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Since Rishi and Frankie are guy cats, I doubt they'd be upset if I divulge their ages/weights.

Rishi and Frankie, two bengals, 8months old, 11lbs so far (I'm sure they've got more growing to do, though!)

shambelle

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Teddy is about 13, PJ is 11 and change - so I averaged them to be 12.

PJ was 14, but she lost weight due to her hyperthyroidism. She's happily stable now and has started gaining back a few ounces! Teddy came to us as an 8 pound skin and bones cat - he's very lanky so he doesn't look his weight at all - but you can no longer see each vertebra which is wonderful. PJ is about 11 years old, Teddy is 8!

semiferal

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My smallest adult is 7.75 lbs (normal), the biggest is around 18 lbs (slightly overweight but he's a long, tall, large cat), everyone else is somewhere in between.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Update: Kandie is up to ten lbs...she has crf so this is alot
... Zoey is gaining very slowly on her kitten and adult mix, and is about 11.5 lbs and still growing...

girlieq

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Bella is a bit more than 3 pounds (she was 3.16 a week ago), and Rowen is 1.68 pounds.

At ~13 and perhaps 7 weeks, respectivly. Although, Rowen's approximate age is based on his weight, so who knows? We'll just wait and see when his big kitty teeth start coming in.

Bella has what the vet's assistant described as a 'cute kitten belly', but she's not overweight. Rowen's ribs can stll be felt when I'm petting him, and his vertibrae, and every other bone in his body, but he's working really hard to not be so skinny and starved. It's just taking a while.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Juniper

How much do your cats weigh, and is this a healthy weight, overweight, or underweight?
Cable weighs about 8 lbs, Java about 7 lbs, & Pixel's about 11 lbs. Pixel has a 'spay sway', but i can feel her ribs & backbone, so she's not too fat. Java's still growing, & feels like she's solid muscle! Cable's starting to look like she's finished growing - i may have to start monitoring her food soon.

feline

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Wittle - 8 pounds (approx)
Bitty - 3 pounds (approx)
Retro - less than a pound, but really close to 1

And that's how much they weigh. Although, I think they're a little underweight.

~Feline~