How much do your cats weigh?

fleakilled

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My cat munchie is 1 year old and 16 pounds. Hes a fatty and eats dog food I really gatta do something about this.

orientalslave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hope you aren't joking.  Dog food is a dreadful diet for a cat as it's not complete for cats.  He needs switching to cat food ASAP.  feeding him on dog food is storing up longterm and expensive health problems - far more expensive than buying cat food.

bisbee kitty

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Bob is now 6 pounds 8 oz, in other words he's gained 1 pound 3 oz in three weeks.   He's exactly 4 months old today. Technically this means he'll wind up weighing 18 pounds, ha ha.

Connor is 5 pounds 1 oz ... omg, he's gained 1 pound 12 oz in three weeks!

Not sure if I should put a proud mama face or a big blushing one here.  They both look / feel healthy, run around like the kids they are, and I can feel ribs in there.  they're both clearly bigger - as in taller and longer, not rounder - so I guess this is just an adolescent growth spurt???

nanner

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Larry weighs 13 pounds. He's about 5 1/2 years old, and he's a big healthy kitty. He leaps and runs and has great energy, so I'm assuming it's a good weight for him.

fleakilled

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I dont feed my cat dog food When I put food in my dogs bowl my cat has no problem going and eating it up if im not looking.

jeileen

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Beamer( foster male)..17 lbs. vet says he need to lose a few, but he is a very large cat, so I would think no more than 2 or 3 lbs

Moxie ( foster female) She is a very patite girl. Maybe around 6 or 7 lbs

Trixie..8.2 lbs

Miss Kitty..8.8 lbs

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hannah went to the vet last week for her annual check up.  She has lost 1lb, 1 oz. and now weighs 9lbs, 3 oz, a very nice weight for her.

minka

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Grim weighs 13lbs 10.5oz, down from 22lbs.
At first I thought he'd be a 14lb cat because he's so tall, and then I thought 12 lbs, but now I'm thinking he's closer to 11. Under there somewhere. :catguy:

nekochan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Church is just under 11 pounds

Roxy (Maine Coon) weighs 11 pounds

Both are turning 5 years this fall, and are healthy weights.

Harlequin weighs around 6.5 pounds right now, she is maybe a little underweight but she is also a very small cat.

Mr Grey was 8.94 pounds at his last vet visit, an ok weight. He's had problems with being underweight in the past.

Blaze is just under 9 pounds, an ok weight, but he's been up to 10 pounds and fit/muscular before.

Spot was 13.44 pounds at his last vet visit, a little overweight

Those four are all littermates and are 4 years old.
I'm wondering about Bob.  The vet said a very loose estimate is that a kitten will gain about a pound a month, starting to taper off around 8-9 months, with the average landing somewhere between 8-11 pounds as an adult.  Since he came home, Bob has been gaining a pound every two weeks!  He's supposedly 13 weeks old, and this morning on my food scale he weighed 5 pounds 5 ounces.  Either he's going to be a monster, or the shelter was wrong about his birthday.  He's powerful looking but maybe getting a trifle triangular, so maybe it's time to limit the kibble.
My cat Church gained a pound every two weeks for quite a while when he was a kitten around that age (without being overweight at all), so he seemed like he would end up being quite large, but it eventually tapered off and he's now just a little under 11 pounds as an adult so he did not end up being especially big after all.

Last edited:

bisbee kitty

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Been two weeks, Bob's gone from 6lb 8oz to 7lb 1 oz, a little more than half a pound, Connor from 5-1 to 5-14, a bit more than 3/4 of a pound.  Maybe Bob's starting to taper off?  According to the shelter records he's 4 1/2 months old.

lunariris

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
We have one as small as 5 lbs at a healthy weight, she stopped growing after she reached about 4 months old and is now around 12 years old, my adorable mini kitty, and one as big as about 20 lbs at a healthy weight. We have 2 around 8 lbs, 2 at 12 lbs, one at 13 lbs, one at 16 lbs, and one at 18 lbs who needs to lose a few pounds. My brother has the daughter of our 5 lb girl, and she's 6 lbs, her brother is I think 11 lbs. Look at the size difference:

Here's our 5, 12, and 20 pounders. All have been assessed by our vet. 

Last edited:

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
They went to the vet 2 weeks ago. Lilith weighs 6.2 pounds and Sophie 6.7 pounds. The vet estimated their age at approximately 2 years old.

catmomma627

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Zoey is just under 8 pounds.

When Luna went to the vet 2 weeks ago @ just under 5 months she was 5.5 pounds.

panslivechewtoy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Pan has a vet appointment coming up in the next month or so, so will get a better accurate reading then, but at 15 months he was 16 lbs (7/13) and through attempts at weighing since then we estimate he is into the 17 lb range.  He is long, lean and I don't believe he is even borderline overweight and the vet didn't say anything about his weight last year.

Honestly I have been more concerned that we aren't feeding him enough since the bags all seem to stop at 15 lbs.  He is nearly completely on dry food except for treats every couple months with some wet food or even tuna if he gets really lucky.  We have been sticking with about 1/3rd a cup two times a day, but if he cleans it up fast he might get some extra between meals (particularly that all important bedtime check to avoid the 4 AM "hey it's me" noisiness.  Sometimes he leaves some, sometimes he cleans up the meal in four hours.  Based on that, we figure he is neither overfed or underfed, but if anyone knows of a suggested amount for 17 lbs healthy weight cat, I'm all ears.