How much do your cats weigh?

nebula11

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I put over 20lbs....because they all weigh different amounts...and those amounts add up to 40lbs......

Emmet is a stalky 14lb
doofus is a long perfect 13lb
Mabby is a pettite 7.5 lbs
poppy is a lil'bit of a thing at 5lbs

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My Tiggy is my largest........12 pounds. My girls are both 11 pounds and little Bailey weighed in last night at the vets at 2 1/4.
My vet is happy with all their weights.

sunnicat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, Miss Sophie Grace just weighed in at 5 lbs. last week. I'm beginning to wonder if I'm gonna have a Catzilla on my hands here!

turtlecat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Gibby seems to weigh 12 (mind, we can't get him to use our digital scale properly, he absolutely refuses to tap the scale before sitting on it, so I have to weigh myself and then weigh us and subtract.) Molly weighs 10 according to her struggle with the infant scale at the vets...(she took the scale tray with her on the return trip to the carrier). And Piggly Wiggly Paige weight 9 pounds... and she's the only one overweight.

bonnie resor

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My Scamper is 14 years old.  He did weigh 12.5 lbs until I put him on Iams indoor cat food and now weighs 10.5 lbs.  His coat is softer and shinier.

night wing

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Tiger is 15 years old and weighs 12 1/2 lbs.

Last edited:

ckovacs

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Zoe is just a tiny baby so she doesn't weigh much yet.

Riley weighs 13lbs

Bailey-Reed 15lbs

Phoenix 21lbs. 

The vet and I have him on a new regimen and it's slowly working. He's losing weight, just not as fast as we'd like. He's a big bulky cat with no hanging belly fat. 

mrsh

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
"Little Man" (age 3) was 12.4lb at his last appointment.  He;s supposed to be lean and muscular, and he's a big kitty, but he's got a chubby belly and a big butt.  Nobody's said he needs to lose weight but I'm cutting back his portions.  He's what we call a hoss.

Sweet Kitty and Merle (ages 8 & 9 ish, maybe) are both around 5lb.

catbehaviors

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wessie weighs 14 pounds. I think it's actually a little over his optimum weight, because when he was going outside and getting a lot of exercise he weighed 12 pounds. Haven't weighed him in a while, though!

cindy28

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Marilyn (age 14) weighs 11 pounds

Puff (age 8) weighs 10.5 pounds

Winnie (age 15 1/2)  weighs 7.5 pounds

Last edited:

tx_kat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Angel is 2 years old and weighs 16.8 pounds (obese)

Demon is 2 years old and weighs 13.6 pounds (overweight)
Gidget is 1.5 years old and weighs 10.4 pounds (normal weight)

Casper is 4 months old and weighs 5.4 pounds (normal weight)

Abby is 4 months old and weighs 3.4 pounds (a little underweight)

Angel is definitely overweight (probably obese) -- especially in her rump -- but she has lost 1 pound in the past month or so since we started switching from dry to wet.  Her fur looks a lot better (no more mats!) and she has a lot more energy.  Demon is a little overweight and could stand to lose about a pound or so (and his belly pouch).  Gidget is at a healthy weight.  Casper is going to be a very big boy when all is said and done, and I can see that we'll have to control his eating in a few months.  Abby has had worm problems and diarrhea for the past month, so she was somewhat underwight (but not to the point that you could see her ribs).  We finally found the right medication to take care of the worms, and she has gone from 2.1 pounds to her current weight in less than a week. 

Our vet said the best way to take weight off of cats is the same way humans do -- diet and exercise. That's why we went to measuring their portions of canned food for their main meals, and give a little dry as a "midnight snack". I like that Blue Buffalo lists calories per can so we can measure calories a little more accurately.  And we make sure they have playtime with the feather toy and/or laser pointer every day.

violetxx

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Black Bear (8yrs): was 18.5lbs but is down to ~16lbs (we've been working on her weight for awhile, she's developed fatty liver before so we are being very careful with it, our goal is 13-14lbs)

Naddie (1.5yrs): ~8lbs - she's a good weight and she's very muscular stubby cat (very cute)

Lisa (1.5yrs): ~5.5lbs - she is hard to put weight on (she has some behavioural eating issues) according to the vet she's just a lean cat and is not underweight, but we are still trying to get her to eat more. If anyone could recommend some foods or suggestions, it would be much appreciated.

emilymaywilcha

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Patricia, a purebred American shorthair, is a healthy 10 pounds.

Unfortunately, I could not say that when she was a kitten. When I adopted her at age 7 weeks she was noticeably underweight and needed to eat canned food to "fatten up." During her first year, I doubted she would ever weigh 10 pounds, but the most she ever weighed was 11.

Draco

NOT Malfoy!
Veteran
Purraise
Cassie is 9.25 as of a month ago. She's of perfect weight according to the vet. She's a little over a year old

Monet is 12 lbs about 5 months ago, last checked. He lost almost 2 lbs since the vet visit before that. He's a bigger cat and I think he's more muscles than fat. he's 3 years old

flinch4me

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Pangur Bahn is around 7 or 8 pounds respectively 

and Nutter Butter as the fatso of the family is around 8 or even a beefy 9 pounds already Although she is going to be a big cat anyway because she still isn't entirely grown up yet and I know from her size as a kitten she will grow up to be a big tough girl of the house hold

They are both not completely grown yet and this is a rough guess seeing as they have grown much since the vet last weighed them... I believe last time pangur was 6 pounds 7 ounces and Nutter was 7 and a half pounds when last weighed.  

redvelvetone

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have a 1-year-old DLH male who, last time I checked a few weeks ago at the vets, was a little over 12 lbs. He's about right, however, I have now cut down his "kitten size" food portions to a adult level since his growing is tapering off....

recent pics

revenwyn

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Binky weighs 8 pounds and is a tad underweight, but she was also a feral until recently.

Cookie is 7 weeks old and barely weighs a pound, however he is a rather small kitten for his age too. As long as he continues growing, the vet isn't worrying.

Cookie is Binky's only surviving kitten.

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Angel has always weighed between 13-15 lbs. He has stayed at 14 lbs pretty steadily, for a long time now.

He's a long boy, so that's a good wieght for him.

Here he is, somewhere he is not supposed to be, Up on my massage table!

I guess he's waiting his turn! LOL!

mary louise

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Our orange/white domestic medium-hair Squeaky is a small neutered male, about nine pounds or so.   He's plump but not overly fat, and he does play and exercise.  In the year and a half since he came to us, he's fattened up on crunchy cat food, soft cat food, crunchy cat treats and mice.    He seems to be perfectly happy eating crunchy food, although he does ask for soft stuff (mostly for gravy).  He's not like our other kitties of late, who were strictly soft-food eaters. 

emilymaywilcha

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yasmine weighs 12.5 pounds, but the doctors says she not over weight. She has a short body and a huge belly. She actually looks pregnant, but of course shes fixed so thats not possible. Every person that comes over asks me "are you sure yas isnt pregnant?" I only give her a cup of food a day, so since the dr isnt concerned -i'm not either!
Did you read the thread about a cat named Oksana who had a false pregnancy after being spayed? Apparently a little bit of ovary is still there and that caused her to go through all the changes seen in a pregnant cat despite not going into heat.