How much do your cats weigh?

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Mine are between 6 pounds and 18 pounds. The small one boarders on being slightly underweight and I give her extra canned food each day to keep the weight on. one of the 15 pounders is overweight and I've switched the free feeding food to a mix with light food. All the others are pretty much normal weight range, even the 18 pounder.

I have 4 large boys, 1 small girl and the rest somewhere in between.

ricalynn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For those of you who have both underweight and overweight cats:
How do you take care of feeding separate, specialized diets? I'm afraid the vet is going to tell me Bella needs to gain weight, and either needs more frequent feeding or a special high-calorie diet or something.
Now, I've been feeding the kits all at once to promote unity and they're just getting to the point where they'll all five eat together. Besides that, if I don't feed Cinnamon at the same time, HE'LL eat the catfood instead.
Also, I've trained them all to stay DOWN off the counters, so I don't really think that's an option - don't want to send mixed messages or give preferential treatment, ya know!

cjandbilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by RicaLynn

For those of you who have both underweight and overweight cats:
How do you take care of feeding separate, specialized diets? I'm afraid the vet is going to tell me Bella needs to gain weight, and either needs more frequent feeding or a special high-calorie diet or something.
Now, I've been feeding the kits all at once to promote unity and they're just getting to the point where they'll all five eat together. Besides that, if I don't feed Cinnamon at the same time, HE'LL eat the catfood instead.
Also, I've trained them all to stay DOWN off the counters, so I don't really think that's an option - don't want to send mixed messages or give preferential treatment, ya know!
Hey, I was in the same spot you are in. What I did, was put the regular food in a place only CJ (my healthy weight bordering on underweight cat) can go into. Then, I fed diet food to Billy 3 times a day. Billy would eat all his food, normally, so I didn't really have to worry about CJ eating it. She ate a little bit, but not enough to hurt her. And now and then, I'd let Billy have some regular food. I had him on Purina One Weightloss Formula, and he lost weight too fast, and I had to do a half and half mixture. But, that's how I separated the food. Billy couldn't get to the regular food, and CJ just didn't want to eat the diet food, if Billy left any.

One way I'd also say, is that since one is fat and the other skinny and agile, the skinny kitty can jump higher than the fat one, so if you put a barrier where only the skinny cat can get over, that should work, too!

sammie5

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sam, the larger cat, is a healthy 14 1/2 pounds, and has maintained that for several years. (which amazes me, I can't maintain my own weight that well). Bailey, who seems to me to be much smaller in stature, weighed in at a hefty 13 pounds at her last check up. And it's mostly in her belly, she's a very round cat. She's not dangerously obese, but we'd like her to be around 10 or 11 pounds, which is where she was when I got her (she had just weaned a litter of 10 kittens). I put them both on diet food.

I worried about having one lose weight, and the other just maintain, but they seem to be working that out between themselves. I give them each a pouch of wet food at 6 pm. Sam starts first, then Bailey. She always eats some, then goes to the litter box. As soon as she walks away, he moves over to her dish, and eats some. So he actually gets more.

I put out dry food in the morning. Sam will eat anything if he is hungry. But Bailey has become quite fussy, and won't eat anything but kibble that has been freshly put in her bowl, so over the course of the day, Sam grazes, Bailey waits for new food to be put down.

I still don't know if this is working, she still seems pretty round, but at least neither of them is gaining weight.

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Katie - 9lbs, Gracie 10lbs, Pete 7lbs in April at 9 months. He's grown A LOT since then and is now bigger than the girls!

slitty_kittay

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
wow, I feel like Dax is a tiny little thing now - I klicked on 6, but I realise now she is 7 pounds, I made the wrong conversion -

I dont think she is underweight, I dont think I would be able to see ribs anyway because of her coat but I can feel she has good padding on them and over her hips. She is small framed for her (half)forest cat heritage so 3kgs was plenty our vet said. She was getting a bit porky a while ago but I cut her dry food down and we seem to have found a nice level now. Its amazing how little she really is when she gets wet - her fur is so thick, she looks like a drowned chiuaua!

kitty_cat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat is 12 pounds! lol. He is 9 years old but will be 10 soon and i am very worried about his health as he has a heart murmor! We have been fighting his weight his whole life tho and i don't know what else i can do, please does anybody have any ideas how to shed some weight of him??

rosehawke

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Vet visit this morning, Narsil is 6lbs and Mithril is 6lbs3oz. They're just over 4 months old. They're at healthy weights for their frames.

Will be interesting to see what they weigh at their next visit when they go to get neutered.

Cindy

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Rosie is 12lb and Sophie is 10lb 1oz

The vet said for their frame they should both be 8lb so i've started to cut down, or should i say measure out their food now, and so far they don't cry for more

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Jamie weighs in at just under 6 kilos (13 1/4 lbs.), and has weighed that much for the past five years. His belly is saggy, but you can feel his ribs, and the vets say that's a healthy weight for him. ZsaZsa is a dainty 6 lbs.

tuxedokitties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's been a while since they've been weighed, so I'll go by their last weights.

Mr. Underfoot is a little overweight at about 14 lbs. He has a bit of jiggle around his belly, but he's not anywhere near as fat as he was at 16 lbs. I think his ideal weight would probably be 13 & 1/2.

Oreo is a bit overweight at 15 pounds. His belly isn't jiggly at all, but kind of rounded - I think the vet called it inter-abdominal fat. His ideal weight would probably be about 14 lbs.

Sylvestra has a bit of abdominal fat, but not much - she's close to a good weight at about 10 & 1/2 pounds (I voted 11 for her).

Felixia is a tiny cat, just about at ideal weight but a little thin at 6 1/2 pounds.

Tiger Lily is very small & slim too, at about the same weight.

darkeyedgirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mine are all over the place...

Snickers is just a tad underweight because of his age, he's very shaggy but you can feel his spine.

Dusty is just right, she's very petite at 6 pounds but she's a tiny girl.

K.C. too is just right; she's very petite and everyone thinks she's still just a kitten!

Zorro is a big boy... fat & huge. Big paws, big tail, big head. Fat belly.

Hammie is just a tad overweight. But that's cuz he steals food and is a total piggie.

Miss Jessie is just right. She does have sorta of a gut but that's from her hysterectomy at age 2... it left her with the "baggy belly".

cac777

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My girl weighs 10 lbs...but I have to get her down to between 8 and 9.

To watch her walk..she is skinny...you can't see where the fat is until she lays down...she carry's it in her belly.

ccsr79

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Lucas was 9 pounds when I got him from the shelter, but he looked very skinny, his bones popping out, the vet said he should be at 10-11 lbs to be a healthy weight. He now weighs 10 lbs, after being with me for 7 weeks. He could still put another pound and look healthy, but at 10 lbs he looks much better than when I got him
!!

tari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tailer's about 11 lbs, which the vet considers healthy but we have to watch that he doesn't get too big. (He's a big couch potato, so that doesn't help.)
Forest is about 10 lbs, and is the perfect weight.
Harvey's about 9 lbs, which is a good weight but he's a finicky eater and drops weight quickly.