How much do your cats weigh?

suni

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Satchmo weighs 14 pound, but he is a big cat and he is in a good shape. Paco weighs 15 pounds and is over weight

dianeandbooboo

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
BooBoo weighs about 9.85 pounds.  She is a very health weight now.  She was having problems digest the protein in canned and kibble commercial foods and started losing muscle mass.  I switched her to raw and she gained a pound of nice, lean muscle. I am very happy with the way she currently looks.

konstargirl

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Misa is 9.4 pounds. she is at a healthy weight.

My sisters kitties:

Francis: 11 pounds( He's a big kitty)

Vinnie: 8 pounds

Salma: 6 pounds?

flinch4me

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have a 1-year-old DLH male who, last time I checked a few weeks ago at the vets, was a little over 12 lbs. He's about right, however, I have now cut down his "kitten size" food portions to a adult level since his growing is tapering off....

recent pics

He looks as big as my female kitten NutterButter and she's almost a year now... although I think she might be slightly smaller in the weight... she is around 10 pounds at almost a year :) at least she's not unusual I suppose... although she is much bigger then Pangur Bahn my orange short hair... These are a few pics of them :D 

This is NutterButter 

This is Pangur Bahn sitting next to me one the computer 

mary louise

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Squeaky (pictured at left) should weigh about 7 to 9 pounds; he is a small kitty with lots of fur.  But we've been giving him too many treats and he's starting to waddle.  He's also neutered and perhaps his weight gain could be related to the neutering.   Does neutering or spaying affect weight in cats? 

emilymaywilcha

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Squeaky (pictured at left) should weigh about 7 to 9 pounds; he is a small kitty with lots of fur. But we've been giving him too many treats and he's starting to waddle.  He's also neutered and perhaps his weight gain could be related to the neutering. Does neutering or spaying affect weight in cats? 
Many people say that, but because my girls were kittens when they had the surgery, they were supposed to get bigger anyway and it was not possible to see a connection. Wilbur was one of those cats who thought it is impossible to get enough food so his weight gain was not related to neutering.

speakhandsforme

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Kramer weighs 12 lbs and is a muscular, cobby kitty. He's just right. :)

Boots also weighs 12 lbs, but he's an oriental type, so he's a bit chunky. I'm working on getting him down.

wolcar

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My Ulysses is overweight at 16.4 and Gus is 13.  Gus is at a pretty good weight for him -  maybe he could stand to lose one lb. They are brothers and they are both very tall and very long. I'm trying to get Ulysses down in weight.  They both have long hair so it makes them look MUCH larger than they are, and poor Ulysses' fur, while pretty, is strangely long on the bottom and not so much at the top. It just makes him look really bottom heavy.

williecat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My Gus is 14lbs 4oz now, down from just over 20lbs in January. His vet thinks he's perfect because he's very broad but I think he could still stand to lose a bit. I was expecting to get him to the 12 pound range but for now I'm working on just maintaining his weight with adding the kitten. He still looks big because of all the loose skin.

Pepper weighs 2lbs 10oz at 4 months old.

just mike

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How much do your cats weigh, and is this a healthy weight, overweight, or underweight?
Ramsey weighs about 8 pounds and is at a perfect weight.

'Bitz weighs about 6 pounds and is at a perfect weight for her size.  She is a small girl

Swiffer is at 19 pounds.  She is huge but not fat.  She is a Maine Coon/Siamese mix and is a really big girl

Hoot is my senior girl.  She is now 16 and having health issues due to injuries she suffered as a kitten.  Her latest has been a bladder infection.  She has a good appetite and has been tested, and tested, and tested and nothing wrong can be found.  She weighs in at about 6 pounds and should be between 7 and 8 pounds. 

aeevr

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
nutromike - you say you have 4 cats but only have two pic of one cat in your profile. Need more pics. 

bisbee kitty

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm wondering about Bob.  The vet said a very loose estimate is that a kitten will gain about a pound a month, starting to taper off around 8-9 months, with the average landing somewhere between 8-11 pounds as an adult.  Since he came home, Bob has been gaining a pound every two weeks!  He's supposedly 13 weeks old, and this morning on my food scale he weighed 5 pounds 5 ounces.  Either he's going to be a monster, or the shelter was wrong about his birthday.  He's powerful looking but maybe getting a trifle triangular, so maybe it's time to limit the kibble.

Connor (my avatar photo) is just three months old, and he's at 3.5 pounds.  I wonder about him too though, because his breed gets large and typically the males keep growing for 2-3 years.  A brother kitten from another litter now weighs - oh my lord - 28 pounds.  So far he seems pretty normal,  a bit on the slender side, but lithe with gigantic feet and long legs, it will be interesting to see how big he gets.

Vet also said that the best way to tell overweight is not actual poundage, since cats vary so much in size and muscularity.   If you can feel his ribs easily but there's a modest layer of flesh over them, that's normal, really prominent ribs underweight, hard to feel overweight, and hard-impossible to feel, obese. Belly should ideally come up in a ''waist" or at least be level at the back legs, not hanging. 

Last edited:

emilymaywilcha

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
One exception to a hanging belly: that thing many people erroneously call the "spay sway." My cat Patricia has one and the most she ever weighed was 11 pounds. Now she is nine pounds and change.

just mike

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
nutromike - you say you have 4 cats but only have two pic of one cat in your profile. Need more pics. 
I hadn't noticed!  Thanks for the heads up!  I had them all up at one time but I think the site had an overhaul a while back so maybe some of them were misplaced.  I'll check it out and get some more right up 
  Thanks for the heads up !!! 

flinch4me

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Okay after my cats where fixed earlier this week NutterButter was 8 pounds 10 ounces and Pangurbahn was a solid 9 pounds... Pangur used to be the tiny one or the runt if you will now she's bigger then  Nutter o.o it surprises me 

night wing

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
In took my 15 year old cat to the vet yesterday and he weighed in at 11.37 pounds on their digital scale. He's a manx breed cat. Short body length. My friend calls him a "three quarters" cat because of his short body length. He really looks short too without a tail.