Found Abandoned Kitten!

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Wall staring - my kittens do that. I finally realized they are seeing a tiny pin of light reflecting from somewhere - fascinating!

Too cute in that doll-sized shirt! I love it! :)

Growling over his treats? I don't blame him one bit! My kittens run through the house with a coveted toy in their mouths, growling the whole time. Harmless fun!

Biting? NO! I suggest you hiss at him the next time he bites. He'll get the message. The biting needs to stop immediately. Cats instinctively understand hissing. Let us know if it helps. It should, though it may take a couple of times since he's been biting for awhile now. Mama cat would do worse - she would smack him with her paw.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

nikkykay

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
That's the thing, I've been doing the hissing. I've been telling him "no," I've been yelping when he bites, too. When I ignore him, he'll just follow me and bite still. He likes to test. I've been having a hard time trying to stop him. I've been trying for weeks.

The shirt is actually a dog shirt. :p

Last edited:

handsome kitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Have you tried pushing your hand into his mouth?  I've heard this recommended in the behavior posts. 

So cute!  The fun is just beginning!

nikkykay

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Sarthur2 Sarthur2 He'll just put his ears back, then he'll bite again--like he's testing the waters. =_= I keep hissing but he doesn't seem to care.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
You hiss loudly and forcefully and immediately walk away without giving him the chance to bite again. Try it.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
He will not hate you for disciplining him. On the contrary, he will respect you more. And he sounds a little spoiled, and you're his mama, so it's up to you to let him know what's what and who is boss.

And you will get results! He clearly has not taken you seriously yet. That means you need to change your approach.

kntrygrl256

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Wall staring - my kittens do that. I finally realized they are seeing a tiny pin of light reflecting from somewhere - fascinating!

Too cute in that doll-sized shirt! I love it!

Growling over his treats? I don't blame him one bit! My kittens run through the house with a coveted toy in their mouths, growling the whole time. Harmless fun!

Biting? NO! I suggest you hiss at him the next time he bites. He'll get the message. The biting needs to stop immediately. Cats instinctively understand hissing. Let us know if it helps. It should, though it may take a couple of times since he's been biting for awhile now. Mama cat would do worse - she would smack him with her paw.
Don't know if this will help but I noticed when one of mine will bite the other one too hard he will bite her on the ear. So I tried it when she would nip me a little too hard, I would bite her gently on the ear. It took a few times but she hasn't bitten me since.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Khaos is 9 weeks old!
I was completely blown away yesterday when I realized Khaos would be 9 weeks today. I've been so busy trying to keep him from biting and such, that I forgot about the days. I seem to be spending most of my times saying "No, Khaos," or "No biting." Lol I have no idea what to do with this little kitty. It's going to be a looooong battle for him to stop biting. He's so testy and mischievous. I sit there and tell him no when he bites, he'll look at me and put his ears back, keeping is little mouth ajar... then, he goes and bites again. He is such a hand full. :p But I still love him. :D

Anywho, to the update!
>He's 37 oz! He's so chubby! I love to mush my face into his stomach. It's the softest, warmest thing ever!
>He has this habit for the past few days to wake up really early (4 AM) and stay up until 30 mins after he eats (at 6 AM.) That little guy RUNS through my room. Lol. He jumps and climbs and meows for hours. I sometimes feel his little paws smacking my face. He clearly is an early bird. After that time, he'll sleep for a few hours, then play, then sleep again.
>He's started to growl and hiss when someone is next to his treats. His food, he's fine with that. But if you go near his treats, he turns into a monster. Should I stop him from doing that?
>After a few times running through the house, chasing my poor dog Spike, Khaos makes it his duty to stalk my poor dog whenever he's out there. He also likes to venture out of my room sometimes, though he prefers to stay in there where it's quiet.
>I still can't get him to drink water from a bowl. :/ He isn't dehydrated. I put extra water in his food and he laps it up from there, but other than that he has no care for the substance. He also pees like crazy and it's pretty light in color. I just want him to drink water. I don't mind adding it to his food, but I'd prefer him drinking out of a bowl, or something. My mom still can't find the fountain. I'll probably have to buy a new one.

(I LOVE the picture when he ran in front of the camera. It may be blurry, but it captures his need to run head first into everything. I can't even say how many times he runs swinging at things. He's such a little boxer kitty! And, of course, you can't have an update without Khaos' signature "wall staring" pictures. He loves to look at walls for some reason. My mom jokes and says he puts himself on "time out." :p)
Why is he dressed in the first picture. I love him looking at the wall. Lovely colouring.

nikkykay

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I was wondering... Khaos' eyes have never truly been the "baby blue" people normally talk about when it comes to kittens. Is that normal? They've always been a grayish-blue/green. I have, however, noticed recently that the center of his eyes (starting from his pupils) are starting to turn a light blue. It's kind of weird when I think about it. All the other kittens I had in the past has bright blue eyes. 

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Don't know about the eyes, but any update on his biting behavior?

Last edited:

kntrygrl256

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
And what @kntrygrl256 said is what mama kitty would do. They also lick each others ears to show love!
I sort of do this also....Not lick but I will put the tip of their ear between my lips and softly pull up so it's like licking. 

Ok now that I have this in writing makes me wonder how weird this sounds. But they love the sensation so I guess it's worth it.

nikkykay

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Quick little update.

Khaos isn't feeling well. He had diarrhea last night and threw up this morning. He's fine energy wise. He was running through the house, tackling the dogs. Lol. He ate a bit late because his stomach was upset. I've added more water to his food to make up for his water loss. I'll probably whip up some pedialyte for him.

kntrygrl256

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Poor baby. I hope he gets to feeling better soon. It's rough on us when our babies are sick. 

Maybe this nurse 
 and a few good vibes
will make him feel better.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How is he feeling.
That picture of him with his paw on your dog's back is wonderful as are the ones with him sleeping with his strawberry.
What was he and the dog looking at?

nikkykay

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
He hasn't thrown up or had diarrhea today--so it's looking good so far. He threw up a couple times and had diarrhea all day yesterday.

Lacey, one of our dogs, is merely a nosey creature. She loves to just look out the window for hours. I swear she's a cat, or something. Khaos likes Lacey, so he bothers her any chance he gets. I'm pretty sure they were watching the trees in front of the house sway in the wind.