Found Abandoned Kitten!

nansiludie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If you Vet will not see him, I would strongly advise you to find one that will. With that much blood loss in a young kitten or any cat, it could be dangerous. You should have been told to keep him from running, jumping, playing roughly, for about 10 days until he is healed. I have one of my recent males, in a large dog crate to keep him from running/playing injuring himself.

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

nikkykay

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hello, Everyone!

It's been a while since I've updated all of you.

•After my Honey Ghost (his nickname) got neutered, his healing process was quick. He absolutely HATE liver like was reccommended to give him. He just wanted his chicken, eggs, and pumpkin at the time. (Funny how I can't even get him to eat that anymore.)

•HE TURNED 1 ON MAY 15TH!!!!!!

•All he does is purr. It's amazing! It's so soothing just to listen to my giant ball of fur purr pretty much every time he sees a human. I just love how friendly he is!

•Sadly, he hasn't quite gotten out of the bitting. It's gone down significantly. But, it's still there--and a number one killer to my arms and legs when I'm sleeping. :| The he just looks at me, purrs, and walks away swaying his tail. He has SO much attitude.

•He has this thing now, where he'll only eat dry food. No matter how many times I make him very yummy smelling foods. He won't even eat wet food. Speaking of food, he normally picks at it here and there. A whole 32 lbs. of food lasts him about 2 1/2 months. Which I think is great! He also LOVES water. I've never seen a cat drink as much water as he does. He's at his water bowl more than his food!

•He's pudgy. LOL All he wants to do is sleep, eat, and bit me (still.) He weighs 13 lbs. The only workout he gets is chasing flies, or when he's running away from the dogs.

•Speaking of them, two of our dogs recently attacked him!! I was so very mad. Thankfully, he only got spooked and a small cut on his ear.

•Another thing. I can't seem to curve his habit of breaking down the doggy door and sneaking outside. All he does out there is roll around in the dirt. And he has half white fur--and I live in a desert. So he comes inside all reddish/brown. :(

•And on the side note, he had his first bath a few months ago. He was terrified. His little arms were flailing in the air as he tried to get a hold on the bathtub half-wall. Then he was MeeeNoooooing. It literally sounded like a cross between "meow" and "no." And, when I took him out of the wayer, he pushed his face in my neck and was breathing like he was about to die. It was a cute and sad experience. Lol (Sad on his part.)

•Well, now I'll tell you the reason I haven't posed in a while. My dog Spike passed away from parvo three days before Khaos turned a year old. It was terrible since he was mine. My whole family was heartbroken. I literally had my face stuffed in my poor Honey's fat tummy. He didn't like that too much. But, to top that off, another one of out dogs got infected with parvo. She's fine. She got really bad, then she got better.

•To top this off with a positive note, here are some pics of Dr. Khaos in his natural habitat, my room. :)

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Wow, he looks great! I had to scroll back to the beginning of the thread to check he really was the same tiny kitten I remember.

So sorry to hear about your dog, that must have been heart breaking.

My cats don't like being bathed either. We have volcanic soil around here which turns the white cats black if they roll in it. I wipe them down with a damp towel to get the worst of it off, it's not as traumatic as a bath.

Thanks for the update, I'm really happy to hear he's doing well.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Awww... Khaos is all grown up!  Thanks for the update. 

mazie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He's grown up to be such a handsome lad!!   It's so much fun to scroll back and see those very first pics again!!!   Ahhh, Memories

Wow, he looks great! I had to scroll back to the beginning of the thread to check he really was the same tiny kitten I remember.

So sorry to hear about your dog, that must have been heart breaking.

My cats don't like being bathed either. We have volcanic soil around here which turns the white cats black if they roll in it. I wipe them down with a damp towel to get the worst of it off, it's not as traumatic as a bath.

Thanks for the update, I'm really happy to hear he's doing well.

kntrygrl256

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
He looks wonderful!!!!

I went back and spot read just to get back up to date on him. You have done an excellent job with him. Thanks for the update.

Happy belated birthday to Dr. Khaos!!!!!!!