Super Cat
Purraise
She just got in her box without me giving her treats to get in! :woohoo:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

louann jude

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Can they get diarrhea before delivery? She just had a loose stool and she has been licking a lot today down there. But still no mucus plug that I can tell. 

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Yes, cats frequently purge their systems before giving birth, and it's often loose stools.

louann jude

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Thank you. I am going to quit asking the vet anything so far they have told me two things that are not right. One they said cats can have kittens between 45 and 60 days and then they said diarrhea wasn't a indicator of soon to be labor. 

louann jude

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
She is sleeping in her birthing box again. I think me putting my coat in there made a world of difference. Now its just a waiting game I guess between now and the 4th of April. She will be on day 70 then.

louann jude

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
It is now day 63. I was just rubbing her belly and you can feel the milk coming in. Yesterday while we all was having dinner she wouldn't walk a few steps and had to lay down a moment. She also has been fidgety when I am petting her. She will readjust her positon every so often. But sleeps fine when she is asleep. She also has to be near me or on an article of my clothing.

louann jude

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Today has been interesting. This morning around 10 she started getting vocal and wanted me to rub her belly. I did that for an hours every time I stopped she would get vocal and make me start again. She was ok after a while then around 1 she got very vocal and started to go to the stairs and then would come back to me and start meowing again. I followed her up stairs and she wanted me to lay down again. I laid there and rubbed her belly for another hour or so. In that time I think she was having contractions. Her belly would get really hard. You could feel the outline of the kittens. The hardness would last about a minute or two then get loose and ten minutes or so later go again. She purred and laid on me.

Right now she is in the closet in the box I made for her. She doesn't have the jacket with her just newspaper.  She hasn't lost the plug yet but when she opens her legs you can tell there is a gap there. 

Is this the first stage of labor. Or am I just wishful thinking?

louann jude

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
She is pushing now

louann jude

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
She has had four but the last one placenta is stuck. I dont know what to odo.

louann jude

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Its out but two is still attached to te after birth how long do i give it before I cut te cords.

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How long have the kittens been out?  Is mom cleaning them?  If it's been more than 15 minutes I think you can cut the cord.  Leave an inch - inch and a half of cord.  You can tie it off with floss.

louann jude

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
She did great. She was in labor at 10 yesterday morning. She started pushing around 11:30 but the real stuff started at a little after midnight. The little dark one was born first. I had to help her with three of them. I cut all four cords. She tried eating them but they came so close together she didn't have time. And she acted like she really didn't want to. The first two was born in my bedroom closet after I knew they were ok and mom was calmed I moved them to the box in the other room. 

How do I know she is completely finished she acts like she is wanting to have another but I am not sure. She is fine with me touching them. She let me change bedding this morning as long as they don't cry to much. 

I wish I had my camera when I first went to check on them this morning two where fighting over a teat and it was so cute.