Feeding Pregnant Cat

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

louann jude

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Her appetite has increased a lot. Since 4 am she has had two pouches of Whiska's Purely Chicken a half of perfect portions a few bites of her dry and a few of her Temptations treats. Her nipples are huge but where she has medium coat on her belly there is still a lot of fur covering them. She has been more clingy and following me around every where and vocal. She has also been grooming a lot. Yesterday while watching the kittens moving in her belly my bf was able to tell they were moving without his glasses. I think he is getting excited to but wont admit it. 

I haven't seen her cough again since that morning. Vet tomorrow at three. If I have any money left over from what I have put up for her vet visit I am going to use it to get some KMR just in case. 

louann jude

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Some days her belly looks huge days like today not so much but you can feel them moving great.

Closer pic of belly. 

Taken from top. 

Her belly looks bigger here.

She was grooming my toe, lol. 

She was not happy with the close up. 

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
She looks good! Getting closer too. Yes, pregnant cats eat lots. Buying some KMR is a good idea. The moms need the calcium. [emoji]128522[/emoji]

louann jude

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Getting ready to head to the vet. Hope all goes well and will update when we get back. I don't know why I am so nervous. 

louann jude

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Lil Bit did great at her Vet appointment. She got a dose of revolution, an injection for tape worms and a dose of round and hook worm medicine. They said she looks good and the vet said there was at least two in there that she felt but she didn't want to upset her to bad to feel for more. She weighed in at 10 pounds and she would not get any bigger. And of course after the kittens she may lose about a pound. I am happy I took her in.  

So now its just wait the next week or two for babies. 

louann jude

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
She said the injection was a one time thing. Unless she gets them again she wont need another treatment. 

louann jude

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Another question about food. Today at the vet she keep stressing she should be on kitten formula can food. I told her that I feed her kitten chow and foods that are marked for All life stages kittens to adult. She said it needed to be kitten only. And maybe I should only give her the dry. Well She wont eat only dry and the kitten food I buy she will only eat a bite or two then I am throwing it away. Am I right in my thinking that as long as she is eating the all life stages its better than dry only. Also if I buy only kitten food what good will it do if she wont eat it? She is such a picky eater. I want the best for her. What do you all think? 

handsome kitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If she won't eat the wet kitten food feed her the all life stages.  Do you have any KMR?  She can have a dish a day and that will give her some extra nutrients for the kittens and make her milk a higher quality.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I agree with Handsome Kitty. Feed her what she will eat and supplement with a dish of KMR a day. She'll be fine! Sounds like it was a good vet visit! [emoji]128522[/emoji]

louann jude

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Do cats have Braxton Hicks contractions. It looked like Lil bit had a few contractions this morning but once she got up she was ok. Just wondering if Cats have practice labor like humans?

louann jude

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise

I tried to get a video of the kitten's moving if you look close you can see them. Sorry for the loud tv and computer you can turn the volume down. 

louann jude

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
She just fell off the kitchen table Its about 3 feet high. I think she landed on her feet. Will the kittens be ok?

louann jude

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Lil Bit has been acting different since about 1 am. She ate and then came and laid with me for 30 minutes to an hour. Then a little while ago she was being very vocal so I stooped down to pet her. I went to touch her belly, usually that is a big no no for her. She just flopped over and wanted me to keep rubbing her belly. She then looked up at me and gave out a little meow and her eyes were huge and sad looking. She stood up and shifted and her belly was really hard. She has been sniffing and searching all morning. She has tried to get in my boiler room twice. She wants to be near me constantly. It's a little to early and she hasn't lost her mucus plug yet. By my calculations from the day after she got out she is just 59 days today. 

krissy marissy

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Some cats go early. But this early labor can last 24 hours or more. The belly rubs indicate that you're getting close now, should see kittens in a couple days if not sooner. Hopefully she holds out for a few more days.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
She really needs to go another 5 days so the kittens are not premature!

louann jude

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
She really needs to go another 5 days so the kittens are not premature!
She is back to her old self she is just wanting a little more attention. Her belly looks huge and I saw them moving some. She has ate a lot today too. Currently she is perched in the window watching the squirrels. 

louann jude

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I was really scared for a minute. I woke up around 12:30 and Lil Bit wasn't in her usual place. So I went looking around for her. I searched for 10 minutes. LOL finally I found her curled up in a corner on my coat. No kitten's tonight but hopefully soon. They are still moving around but not as much as a couple days ago.