Feeding Pregnant Cat

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

louann jude

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Aww. So sweet! Is that the struggler? [emoji]128522[/emoji]
No Brenna is kitten A. She took in 3 ml's this morning of KMR while the rest maybe took 1 ml. Callen is my screamer. The other two I still need to find names for. The lady from the rescue said as soon as I name them she will put them on her books. I need names soon but I haven't found anything I love yet. I know its silly to name them since they will be changed.  

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Take your time naming them. Their personalities show up more each week! Sometimes the new owner keeps the name. Glad the struggler is taking the formula for you! [emoji]128077[/emoji]

louann jude

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I am happy with their gains today.

A. 198.44  up  8.5

B. 235.30  up  14.18

C. 218.29  up  8.51

D. 212.62  up  11.34

I know they will get better with the KMR. 

louann jude

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I can't wait til the kitten's are big enough they can come out of the room. I am missing Lil Bit laying on the couch with us. It feels so lonely tonight with her upstairs with the kittens. Just a few more weeks I guess. 

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Usually around the 3-week mark or so they will bring their kittens out. Be patient! It actually goes very quick! [emoji]128522[/emoji]

louann jude

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Can KMR give a cat diarrhea. Earlier when i was up checking on the Lil Bit and the kittens she went to the litter box. It was really smelly and it got on her foot. The only thing that has been different in her diet has been the KMR I gave her today. Could that be it or something else? 

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It can, or it could be her system adjusting after kittens. Leave the KMR off for a day or two to see if that was the culprit. And how much of it were you giving her? She only needs a quarter to half a cup a day for her extra calcium. She may be sensitive to it though.

Last edited:

louann jude

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I made a quarter of a cup up this morning for the kittens. They had about 6 to 7 ml out of it and she got the rest. There was still a small amount in the bowl when I went up to clear out the dishes and put clean ones down. 

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I doubt it's the KMR then. Her system is probably adjusting to all the changes. Let's see if she has any more loose stools tomorrow. Are the kittens all good still?

louann jude

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Yes they are growing so fast. I went to check on them before bed last night around 10. They were all walking shakily on their legs. One stood all the way up. My daughter was with me because she had a nap and was up late. She keep saying "oh how tute' I want to pay with babies. She got mad when I wouldn't let her play with them but was ok when she got to kiss one. Lil Bit was comfortable with her in there and didn't seem upset. But me and my daughter sleep on a sectional and Lil Bit always slept with us. I would be on one side, Sis on the other and Lil Bit at her feet. 

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Your daughter sounds like a cutie herself! Yep, the kittens develop quickly, and get cuter and cuter. And Lil Bit will be back sleeping with you before you know it! [emoji]128522[/emoji]

rescuedfamily

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Did they give the mom the strongid (dewormer) as well? If so, that can definitely cause diarrhea in that first day especially if she did have worms.

louann jude

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
No she had deworming done on the 20th of March so she should be fine on that.

I just want to rant a minute. I just seen an add on Facebook. Someone posted 5 week old kittens for free. 
I sent them a message saying if they would bring them to me I would take all three of them. I will bottle feed them for a few weeks at least give them some goats milk and some kitten food, worm them, try to get shots and find proper homes. Stuff like this infuriates me. 

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background

No she had deworming done on the 20th of March so she should be fine on that.

I just want to rant a minute. I just seen an add on Facebook. Someone posted 5 week old kittens for free. 
I sent them a message saying if they would bring them to me I would take all three of them. I will bottle feed them for a few weeks at least give them some goats milk and some kitten food, worm them, try to get shots and find proper homes. Stuff like this infuriates me. 
Agreed. Facebook-DRAMA! I am debating deleting my facebook but its the only way to keep up with family since they never tell me anything-sometimes I wonder what the hell is wrong with people. you have a big heart!!

louann jude

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise

Agreed. Facebook-DRAMA! I am debating deleting my facebook but its the only way to keep up with family since they never tell me anything-sometimes I wonder what the hell is wrong with people. you have a big heart!!
I am sorry it was on Craigslist. I was so upset I put the wrong page. I hope they contact me back soon so I will know. I need to stop worrying so much but there is so many stories of people using animals for bait. That is why I went with the rescue to rehome my three. They do a back ground check, and charge and no one around here wants to pay for a cat. 

louann jude

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise

I am happy with their gains today.

A. 198.44  up  8.5

B. 235.30  up  14.18

C. 218.29  up  8.51

D. 212.62  up  11.34

I know they will get better with the KMR. 
great gains today

A. 215.45  up 17.01

B. 246.64  up 11.34

C. 240.97  up 22.68

D. 229.63  up 17.01