Feeding Pregnant Cat

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

louann jude

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I am starting to worry about Kitten A (Jett) The most I got him to drink was about 2 mls. When he began to cry like the others she didn't even budge. She just laid there like nothing was happening. It took her about 5 minutes to respond to its cries. Where if one of the others cry she goes strait to them. She tries to scratch me over them. 

I will just keep supplementing with the goats milk til Friday and I will get some KMR then. I feel like kicking myself for not buying it before. 

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Full-fat goat milk is totally sufficient. Please just keep feeding them, every two hours around the clock. You should start to see improvement. You are doing all that you can. Don't get hung up on the kmr.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
How often can you get even 2 mL's into the kitten? The more often the better. I wish I could feed this kitten for you! [emoji]128533[/emoji]

louann jude

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Hey guys I am sorry I haven't updated overnight. I did something last night I haven't in a few years. I slept from 10 to 5 without getting up. When I did wake up I was so scared that Jett would be hungry. I went straight and tried to feed him/her. It cried. So I weighed it and I got 6.7 and last night at 9 it weighed 6.3. So it had a good little gain overnight. I am so confused with these kittens. 

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
You needed the sleep! Bless you! If they are all getting enough from mom you can back off supplementing. How about weigh them at the same time each day - about midday - and let's see where they stand. Can you post the weights today please?

louann jude

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Yes I will start weighing them after my son gets on the bus for preschool. That will make it a little easier because I will only have one child here. 

louann jude

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Can you all help me figure out their sexes. I know they might be to little still to be able to certainly sex them. 

Kitten A

Kitten C

Kitten B

Kitten D

Kitten D

By this time she was very annoyed at me. I left after this. I didn't have the flash on with any pics. 

rescuedfamily

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
From what I can see in the pictures... I would say A and C (the first 2 pictures) are girls and B and D are boys.

handsome kitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can't imagine whey she was annoyed with you. 

Glad to hear you got some sleep.  You can't take care of others if you are run down.  It sounds like you have your hands full.

louann jude

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I got today's weights. This was done around 1

A. 189.94  up  11.34

B. 221.12  up   11.34

C. 209.78  up     2. 83

D. 201.28  up   11.34

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Fantastic overall! Kitten C could use extra. [emoji]128522[/emoji]

louann jude

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Ok I talked to the lady from the rescue she is supposed to be here today around 7. She is bringing KMR and food for Lil Bit. She is also going to help me find homes for the three tabbies. 

louann jude

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
The lady from the rescue just left. I am so happy to get in contact with her. She brought some wet and dry kitten food, Kmr and worming medicine, strongid. She told me they look really good and healthy because their bellies are nice and round. She didn't get to close because of not stressing out Lil Bit. 

I have a really good feeling about this rescue. They will fix the kittens I am having them home when they reach two pounds. They are going to let me keep them til they are ten weeks old 

She is amazed at the notes I take and how well I was taking care of them. Thank you to all of you for teaching me all you have. If it wasn't for you all I could have lost them but you helped so much. I know we got 9 more weeks with three of them. I will need your help more but because of you I wont have to worry about the homes these three will have because there is a whole process to adopt from them. 

louann jude

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise

I just hope I do as well as you did when my mom delivers .. Great Job!
You are going to do fine. You have all of these great advisers here helping. They are awesome. 

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I'm so glad the rescue is helping you with spay/neuter and with finding homes! Also happy the lady came and brought supplies and saw the babies. It's great you get to keep the kittens for 10 weeks. Which kitten are you keeping? [emoji]128522[/emoji]

louann jude

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I am keeping the black one. I told my bf from the beginning that I wanted a black one before she had them. I hoped so bad there would be. So I got my prayers answered.