Cookie's pregnancy/kitten questions

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cookie-Dough

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Below are the kittens weights as of today at 10 days old. Runt was born at 54 grams and the rest between 79-84.

17th April
White 152
Grey 185
Black and white 193
Romeo 186
Twin 174
Twin 178

Attachments

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
They are doing beautifully! All of them! Weights are excellent.

Eyes should open by 14 days. Begin gently wiping the eyes daily with a warm, damp cloth to remove any crust or pus. Eyes should begin to open soon, but never force them.

cookie-Dough

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
They are doing beautifully! All of them! Weights are excellent.

Eyes should open by 14 days. Begin gently wiping the eyes daily with a warm, damp cloth to remove any crust or pus. Eyes should begin to open soon, but never force them.
Thank you so much ❤ I'll start wiping their eyes from tomorrow 😍

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Fat content of what? She rejected the kmr and is eating Royal canin mother and baby food, also 4 sachet a day but now I've increased them as well.
Also is it normal for kittens to not open their eyes even at 10 days? Only the runt (white one) has his eyes open.
P.S thank you for replying
Oh yes, 12 days is quite normal, even if it varyes upp and down.

Fat content of whatever you give her.
I know RC mother and baby has good reputation, but as I remember its not that high in fat... Trying to google on it, it seems its 25%... So ok, its very good here.

Anyway, there are lotsa of cat foods whom are food reduced, whom have really too little fat.

cookie-Dough

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oh yes, 12 days is quite normal, even if it varyes upp and down.

Fat content of whatever you give her.
I know RC mother and baby has good reputation, but as I remember its not that high in fat... Trying to google on it, it seems its 25%... So ok, its very good here.

Anyway, there are lotsa of cat foods whom are food reduced, whom have really too little fat.
Glad she's eating the right foods. She's been eating more today since I've increased her wet food 😊😊😊

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Good to hear she is now eating more. Let her have as much as she wants for now. It sounds like she really needs it.

cookie-Dough

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Sorry still here with more questions. All of them are gaining weight and mummy cat has been eating more BUT the little runt has said no to kmr. I tried with the syringe then with the bottle but it didn't work. Literally till yesterday he was drinking fine but today its like he never wants to see it again. I tried multiple times. He makes sure not even a single drop goes in him. He is drinking from mum though. I've seen him latching through out the day. Day 11 and he weighs 165 grams. I weighed him first thing in the morning. I'm scared to weigh him tomorrow as that would be first time since he left kmr. I watched the video about fussy eaters by kitten lady. I tried all the tips except tube feeding ofcourse and none worked. He looks fine though. What else can I try

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Just let him feed from mom and see if he gains. Hopefully all will be well.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
How is he doing now? Do you see him feeding from mom? If he feeds from mom he should begin to gain weight eventually.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Put him to mom on a schedule when the others are sleeping. Or remove them for a few minutes on a schedule so that he can nurse alone.

cookie-Dough

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi, just wanted to update. So I tried and tried and finally got runt to accept KMR. He is mostly latching and I'm supplementing all of them so the smaller ones can have a chance with mummy while I feed the bigger ones. It's sort of working out. Their weights today at 2 weeks old...

21st April
White 200
Grey 236
Black and white 251
Romeo 230
Twin 221
Twin 225

They all have opened their eyes and they look super cute. All of them are adorable but the white one looks like a pup more than a kitten lol
I do have couple of questions as well. *Firstly they have been in a small corner till now but now they seem to be crawling a lot more. Should I increase their area or let it be for another week or so? I'll post a photo of the current arrangement as well.
*Secondly when do I do their worming?
Thank you so much for always being so helpful. 💗

Attachments

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Their weights are good. All are at or over 8 ounces except the white runt, and even he is a touch over 7 ounces. Continue supplementing a few times a day so they get close to 340 grams (12 ounces) by 3 weeks.

Excellent that eyes are open, and yes, you can give them a bit more space to explore — just not too much. They will get more mobile and curious each week.

Kittens begin worming and vaccinations at 8 weeks.

cookie-Dough

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Their weights are good. All are at or over 8 ounces except the white runt, and even he is a touch over 7 ounces. Continue supplementing a few times a day so they get close to 340 grams (12 ounces) by 3 weeks.

Excellent that eyes are open, and yes, you can give them a bit more space to explore — just not too much. They will get more mobile and curious each week.

Kittens begin worming and vaccinations at 8 weeks.
Thank you so much for encouragement ☺ 💗
I'll try my best that they get to that weight by 3 weeks ❤

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It’s possible, or, it could be getting over-used. Have you been applying coconut oil daily?

Send the photo in and see if they think she needs to start an antibiotic. At the very least, it looks very chapped and possibly sore all around.

cookie-Dough

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
It’s possible, or, it could be getting over-used. Have you been applying coconut oil daily?

Send the photo in and see if they think she needs to start an antibiotic. At the very least, it looks very chapped and possibly sore all around.
I'll show it to my vet tomorrow morning. She doesn't have temperature or vomiting. She's been eating a lot and super playful while away from kittens. She's looking after them really well and feeding/ cleaning them as well. It didn't seem to hurt her at all. I didn't put coconut oil. She doesn't seem to be in any pain or discomfort. It just just looks pink around the nipple but it's not hard. I think this is the runt's favourite nipple.