Cookie's pregnancy/kitten questions

cookie-Dough

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hello fellow cat lovers
I've spent the past few days reading all sorts of cat pregnancy posts on this site.
My lovely cookie is pregnant with our male cat. They did the deed after he got neutered but still had the swimmers.
She's 61 days pregnant. I just wanted to say hello and would be needing advice in the coming days.
So far She's happy content and eating a lot. It's the first time I've encountered such a situation. She's never been out.
Cookie is 1 year old. I'm hoping for a smooth labour. She's very well looked after and thanks to this site I've ordered everything that we might need.
I'll post again when she goes to labour.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cookie-Dough

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
And that's cookie.
Since past few weeks, she's been unable to clean herself after poop so I've been wiping her bum with wet tissue paper. Today I saw bit of blood, I checked her poo and it was solid like usual.
I am sure it was from her bum
Also sorry for tmi

Attachments

cookie-Dough

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Daddy doesn't look too happy about the whole thing! I pray everything goes smoothly for you all.....
Haha that's back when he got neutered so he wasn't impressed with the donut. Usually he is so loving and happy cat

Attachments

cookie-Dough

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Haha that's back when he got neutered so he wasn't impressed with the donut. Usually he is so loving and happy cat
I think the fish would be okay. Does she also like boiled chicken?
Yes she likes chicken too but really loves fish so I give her some after her meal as a treat. Also day 62 😀 hopefully all goes well

cookie-Dough

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm a little worried as for the past ten days cookie's bum hole looks inflamed and its smelly. It's always covered with black stuff. Till now I was assuming that because age can't reach it to clean, it's poo.
I used to just wipe her bum. But I can tell she hated me cleaning it. I'm attaching some photos. Sorry they are gross
* I gave her panacur granules for worming 2 weeks ago. Can I worm again?
* The bum area does smell even after hours of poop
* she's 63 days pregnant today and I don't want to take her to vet when she's so close to having kittens. She hates going to vet and gets hysterical. So I'm thinking should I just not take her yet and take her when she's delivered?
* the only change in food is that I've started giving her boiled fish and boiled chicken. She eats cat food satche of chicken and fish anyway but do you think fresh homemade chicken or fish caused it? I do not add anything

Attachments

cookie-Dough

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Also I'd like to add that her poop is not hard but not too soft either. Still properly shaped. She's going like usual and the frequency hasn't increased.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
To me, it just looks like she needs cleaning. It does not appear problematic. Try a warm, wet washcloth.

The smell is likely due to her not being able to clean herself well, plus possibly the fish she eats.

It does not sound or look like she needs to see a vet. Also, be advised that she will probably have diarrhea in the day or two before labor and delivery as hormones gear up for birthing and her system clears out.

I would not worm her again right now.

C cookie-Dough

cookie-Dough

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
To me, it just looks like she needs cleaning. It does not appear problematic. Try a warm, wet washcloth.

The smell is likely due to her not being able to clean herself well, plus possibly the fish she eats.

It does not sound or look like she needs to see a vet. Also, be advised that she will probably have diarrhea in the day or two before labor and delivery as hormones gear up for birthing and her system clears out.

C cookie-Dough
Thank you so much for replying.
So I won't worm her. Glad I asked before just doing it anyway
Also she just passed a very loose stool. Might be because of labour or because I gave her some Kitten milk.
Just trying to make her stronger for the painful process. May be I shouldn't have given her kitten milk (Cimicat)
Her bum is not red, its not bulging out either but looks a bit sore.
I'll just keep an eye on it
Also she's been quite anxious today, running around meowing, digging everywhere. She just seems different. It is Day 63 today.

cookie-Dough

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

C cookie-Dough
Took this photo last night, does she look like she's ready to pop?

20230404_200709.jpg

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It sounds like her body is gearing up for labor.

Actual kitten formula (such as powdered PetAg, Royal Canin, GNC mixed to liquid) is good for her. She’ll need the extra calcium through her nursing days.

Apply coconut oil or petroleum jelly to her bum to guard against chapping.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
She is likely very uncomfortable in her rear area as kittens line up in the birth canal once she drops. She’s clearly getting very close!