Approximate delivery day for this mama kitty?

grizzlysapien

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I read through her thread. I almost couldn't. [emoji]128533[/emoji] I know it seems so crazy to be so sad over kittens I never knew. I keep going outside to make a headstone for our lost kittens and I can't do it. I can't go near where I buried them. I'm on the forum that handsome kitty suggested if anyone wants to head over and chat!
@sweetlynn86  just wanted to say that NO, it's NOT crazy to be so sad. They were kittens you felt moving, you cared for before they were even born.. You turned your life upside down to provide the best conditions possible for them to be born healthy. You already have a child of your own, so you know how important life is. In any form. Either it is a human, or a cat, or a worm, or even a daisy. All are life forms and all deserve our respect, but also our grief when they are lost..

Give yourself time to heal. You went through an ordeal and so did Polca. But don't ever doubt the rightness of your grief again.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sweetlynn86

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Well, we won't be going to the vet this morning. Everyone at the vets office said if she doesn't have drainage, puss, odor, redness or swelling, there's really nothing to be concerned about as it's quite common for nursing cats to breathe very rapidly. Her breathing has somewhat slowed overnight and she is very active this morning, trying to get all the kittens to follow her out of the nest. There's a reason my profession isn't herding animals and that reason is, I suck at it. We keep losing kittens so it's going to be an extended game of hide and seek

handsome kitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm glad it's normal and you won't have to squeeze this errand into your day.

Where is Polka taking the kittens? This sounds amusing.  Can you get a video?

sweetlynn86

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I can get a video but I don't have a desktop to use the video uploader and I found out yesterday I can't post YouTube links. How do I put a video up? I think she just wants them in the middle of the room so she can lay in the breeze but they get out of their area and don't listen to polka. I've found them in the kitchen, dining room and living room already.

kntrygrl256

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I can get a video but I don't have a desktop to use the video uploader and I found out yesterday I can't post YouTube links. How do I put a video up? I think she just wants them in the middle of the room so she can lay in the breeze but they get out of their area and don't listen to polka. I've found them in the kitchen, dining room and living room already.
It sounds like you are trying to herd a bunch of bouncing balls that won't stop bouncing

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Well, it sounds like they are acting their age!

Maybe it's time to start the kittens on their mush and show them a litter box. What do you think? :)

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How about Ty for th siamese, Thailand?
I love your 'blog'.
age certainly loves being scratched behind the ears. Watch her claws while you're doing it. Ecstasy.

sweetlynn86

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Polka has already showed them. She leaves a little wet food in her dish every time she eats and calls all the kittens to the bowl. They use the litterbox too. Polka still tries to stimulate them to go and then they have accidents in their bed but not frequently.

kntrygrl256

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Polka has already showed them. She leaves a little wet food in her dish every time she eats and calls all the kittens to the bowl. They use the litterbox too. Polka still tries to stimulate them to go and then they have accidents in their bed but not frequently.
That is awesome!!!!!  She is such a good mom.

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
You can embed the YouTube videos instead of linking to them. There is a tutorial here.

handsome kitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What do the other cats think about this  wandering brood?

sweetlynn86

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
We always have new kittens in and out so they all pitch in with watching them, grooming them, and snuggling them. Even our dogs pitch in. Our rats really love kittens because they are the same size. We have 3 tiers of the food chain happily co-existing. Lol

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
I go to sleep then work for a day and come home to 2 hours reading in the babbling thead (and yes, welcome to the lounge, it is good to have a little light relief sometimes!), and then I come here and there are escapee kittens out and about everywhere!   
    Polka has been feeding them a little too well perhaps.  Tee hee.   Is there anything else you can use which has more height and their area can be secure again and possibly a bit larger now they are on the move. Just in case they get in to places that aren't too safe for them and Polka can't keep up with their antics?

Last edited:

sweetlynn86

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I don't have anything taller but they only want to escape when polka is out and about so I go and sit with them. My room is kitten proofed since that's where our other kitten babies stay at night so I just shut my door if I can't keep an eye on them. They'll be roaming the main floor of the house soon and it's all pretty kitten safe

kitkatkittygirl

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I can't wait until mine are all running around.
:)
When they mew my 2 year old cracks up. I can't wait to see them together.

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
I don't have anything taller but they only want to escape when polka is out and about so I go and sit with them. My room is kitten proofed since that's where our other kitten babies stay at night so I just shut my door if I can't keep an eye on them. They'll be roaming the main floor of the house soon and it's all pretty kitten safe
All good if the place is kitten-safe.  
   Such fun to watch too.  Honestly I'd get nothing done if there were kittens in my place....  I could watch them for ever.   Enjoy. 

sweetlynn86

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Lol. Getting anything done is always hard. I'd much rather be playing with my babies, furry and human.