Approximate delivery day for this mama kitty?

sweetlynn86

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
They are on solids. They eat soft food a day and softened dry food. They looooove it. No problems with appetites with these guys. Lol. They'd eat their body weight in food if I let them.

Of course you've kept them all going! You are awesome!

And they are too precious! [emoji]128149[/emoji]

They will catch up eventually, believe it or not. It will just take longer than usual.

Are any of them on solids yet? You may want to use Gerber turkey or chicken baby food initially. High protein, easy to lap, easy to digest.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Great! [emoji]128077[/emoji]

The more they eat, the faster they will grow!

ashade1

Wild and Wonderful Animal Rescue Director
Top Cat
Purraise
I just read this thread! How wonderful! You are an inspiration for me! I have been fostering animals (mostly cats/kittens, but some dogs and an occasional guinea pig) for two and a half years now. I graduated from WVU in May and really started working on developing myself as a rescue. I have fostered over 50 cats/kittens since then! I am slowly working on becoming a nonprofit... have you had any more development with that process? Also you mentioned wayyy back in the beginning about emailing some cat food companies for coupons/donations I was wondering if you could help me with that too? Thank you for everything you do!

sweetlynn86

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
ashade1 ashade1

Amazing story, isn't it? Polka's Kitten House is on FB too!

sweetlynn86 sweetlynn86
We are on Facebook! Under Polkas house kitten rescue. If you would all like to follow there, it's much easier to update. We have 14 kittens right now. The oldest are 3 weeks old. The youngest are 2 days old. [emoji]128525[/emoji]

sweetlynn86

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I just read this thread! How wonderful! You are an inspiration for me! I have been fostering animals (mostly cats/kittens, but some dogs and an occasional guinea pig) for two and a half years now. I graduated from WVU in May and really started working on developing myself as a rescue. I have fostered over 50 cats/kittens since then! I am slowly working on becoming a nonprofit... have you had any more development with that process? Also you mentioned wayyy back in the beginning about emailing some cat food companies for coupons/donations I was wondering if you could help me with that too? Thank you for everything you do!
I'm sorry it took so long to respond. You can follow and message us on Facebook under Polkas house kitten rescue. I'm on there daily so it's much easier to contact me. As far as coupons, you can choose the companies you prefer to use and email them. Let them know you foster animals and are reaching out in hopes of obtaining some coupons and savings to support the animals your providing shelter for. They are great about helping. We also receive damaged boxes of litter from local stores but we weren't able to do that until we had established our own rescue.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
sweetlynn86 sweetlynn86

I follow you on FB too, but we still love occasional updates and pictures about your rescue and your fosters! Especially as kitten season gears up again. [emoji]128522[/emoji]

sweetlynn86

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
sweetlynn86 sweetlynn86

I follow you on FB too, but we still love occasional updates and pictures about your rescue and your fosters! Especially as kitten season gears up again. [emoji]128522[/emoji]
There will be no shortage of pictures to come! We've been slammed already and kitten season has just begun. We are tied into several animal shelters and other rescues now so the phone is constantly ringing. We never have a slow day as soon as the snow is gone.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Looking forward to seeing pictures and hearing stories! [emoji]128522[/emoji]

sweetlynn86

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Here are some of the babies we have right now! The youngest is a week old today and the oldest will be 4 weeks tomorrow. We have a total of 31 here right now so it's a never ending job. Between college full time, 3 kids one of which needs constant medical care, a house flood on Friday and 31 cats..... my plate is full. But waking up to these babies everyday and knowing the difference we're making makes it all worth it. All 31 cats will be spayed/neutered and that means thousands less cats in the shelter. also, that means 31 very happy families receive a new family member and of course I get hours of fun with them before they leave. [emoji]10084[/emoji]

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Wow! 31 cats/kittens! Your plate is definitely full!

The kittens are adorable! Great pictures!

How is college going, and how is Catalina doing?

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
Here are some of the babies we have right now! The youngest is a week old today and the oldest will be 4 weeks tomorrow. We have a total of 31 here right now so it's a never ending job. Between college full time, 3 kids one of which needs constant medical care, a house flood on Friday and 31 cats..... my plate is full. But waking up to these babies everyday and knowing the difference we're making makes it all worth it. All 31 cats will be spayed/neutered and that means thousands less cats in the shelter. also, that means 31 very happy families receive a new family member and of course I get hours of fun with them before they leave. [emoji]10084[/emoji]

How adorable are these kittens!  
     I thought the first couple of pic's had stolen my heart, but then I saw your 'in your face' demanding little blue and white babe and that was me.  
    Even that little round tabby belly can't get that blue and white baby out of my mind.  

The work you are doing there at Polka's House is simply incredible.   

ashade1

Wild and Wonderful Animal Rescue Director
Top Cat
Purraise
I just reread this thread because it is one of my favorites! I follow the facebook page but would love an update on here! How is your daughter? I know you are as busy as me with kitten season being in full swing!

sweetlynn86

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
We are doing good! We had 24 kittens between 8 and 10 weeks old a month ago. We managed to adopt out all but 4 before our pregnant mama gave birth to 5. Then we took in 4 3 week olds a few days ago. They were in rough shape, bloated, and oozing some awful body excrements. Found out the person who found them out them on canned food. 5 cans a day! They are back on milk now and doing great. Thank goodness for sub q fluids to get them through the diarrhea days. Today we have 2 6 week olds coming and then we'll be pretty full again. I was assaulted by a lady who had surrendered her cat to us on May 30th. Still in court for that, racking up attorney fees. Our last court date should be July 12th and it will all be over. My daughter is doing really well. She's had a few minor bumps but she's gotten pretty strong over the past year. I'm still maintaining a 4.0 in college so I'd say it's been pretty productive!