Approximate delivery day for this mama kitty?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sweetlynn86

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
It's really good! Looking for a surrogate kitty mom for 4 day old kittens right now. One of the companies we contacted when looking for kittens for polka needs a mama cat for these babies.

sweetlynn86

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
These kittens are really healthy. Far better off than kittens I'm used to. They are climbing and jumping everywhere! They're really strong and independent. Unless they're hungry. [emoji]128518[/emoji]

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Is Polka a candidate? How many kittens are there? The ones you have now are ready to wean. Think she could handle round two for a few weeks? Or is that too much for you?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Isn't it wonderful to have such healthy kittens? You can really see the difference, can't you? It's striking. Makes you realize how much some of the fosters really need care.

sweetlynn86

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I was going to ask you guys what you thought. Our current kittens are eating hard kitten chow and wet food. They love nursing but it's more of a comfort thing I think than a necessity.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
How many 4-day old kittens are there, and are her mammaries producing well? And how is Polka feeling?

handsome kitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Polka only nursed them a few days.  She should have plenty of milk and I don't think you need to worry about depleting her calcium levels too much.

kntrygrl256

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I would think as long as Polka keeps producing milk giving her more kittens, especially that young, wouldn't hurt. It would probably keep helping her in the long run.

sweetlynn86

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Nice! Looks like the daycare is running smoothly! Kitties are learning to climb. Busy little explorers too. I love this stage :).

sweetlynn86

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Our cat Dizzy is watching over them. These kittens have a few "Moms" and Polka happily shares the responsibility. Tilly is the smaller kitty below Dizzy. She's not really happy about not being the youngest anymore but she's adjusting. She tries to be nice. We call the other gray kitten Monroe because she's a beautiful, ridiculously long haired diva. She's not pictured here because she's still pouting about the kittens being out of the bedroom. Lol

sweetlynn86

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yea! They'll calm down when the realize they aren't being replaced.

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
Kittens all looking fantastic!  Proper chubby mini-cats.  
    If you are up to more fostering and think Polka is too, it would be working out how the older kittens could be eased off their new found mom without distress and also whether the little ones would be safe with these current chubbies calmbering about and trying to steal their milk.