Approximate delivery day for this mama kitty?

catluvr101

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
That orange kitty look like mine! Their adorable! It's really great how you turn something bad into something good and better. Kudos to you![emoji]128079[/emoji][emoji]128079[/emoji]

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sweetlynn86

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Well it's been a chaotic day. I agreed to meet the girl halfway to get these kittens tomorrow. She said she needed them gone today because she has no way and no money to care for them. So I agreed to drive halfway today. Then I located someone here in town who's cat had 2 kittens a couple days ago and she wanted these 4 babies who are 4 days old. Perfect! So I told the girl I would actually drive the whole way to get them since I had a concrete plan for them now and the girl with the mama cat was going to ride with me. At the last minute, the woman with the 4 orphans messaged and said never mind because her kids want to keep them so she's just going to feed them some carnation condensed milk and raise them herself. I begged her not to do that and explained that I've handraised kittens and she cannot keep them alive on condensed milk. She basically said I was crazy because it's just milk which is what they need. Long story short, she's selfishly keeping these kittens from a feline mother who can care for them and she's going to slowly kill them. [emoji]128528[/emoji][emoji]128542[/emoji] I don't even know what to think.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Goodness. Can you tell her about our site? Or send her the link to an article of ours on hand-rearing kittens? Also tell her that her kids would do better to adopt an older kitten that's ready to play.

This is sad. :(

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
It makes me want to weep and scream at the same time.  Hate to think how much you are feeling this.   You have tried everything you can though so do your best not to take on the grief for these other kittens, if the woman would not listen to you there is nothing you can do to step in and make her do something else.   

sweetlynn86

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I offered her some advice and let her know if she wanted the kittens to live, she would need certain supplies. I told her if she didn't want to give them up, at least let me give hers little guidance so that she could be successful. She said "I don't need advice. It's a baby. It drinks milk like any other mammal." I said it needs kitten milk and it also needs to be stimulated to digest it's food and in order to pee and poop. She said "haha! Get outta here with that crazy s**t. An animal knows how to pee." I just left her alone.

kkoerner

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Oh no.....that's so sad. But, you can only help if she will listen and it's obvious she won't. Maybe she will contact you when they are starting to fade, and hope they can still be saved.

What a selfish person. :(

jeapa507

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
The ignorance of some people. It is so sad that she wouldn't, at least take your advice.

sweetlynn86

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm hoping she'll message me soon saying she doesn't want to do it. I'm not going to emotionally invest myself in the situation though.

sweetlynn86

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
On the flip side, polkas breathing has become completely normal and relaxed so I'm actually able to sit back and fully enjoy her and all these kittens that have invaded my house.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I'm happy to hear that Polka's breathing is normal again. It usually takes a few days after giving birth and Polka went through surgery too, so it sounds like she is doing well. I'm also relieved that you feel you can begin to relax about it more now. :)

sweetlynn86

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Okay, I know now that I can't post YouTube videos. How do I post a video from my phone? I don't have a desktop computer.

sweetlynn86

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

Last edited by a moderator:

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
He is so attractive! I love his little "punches" - he apparently loves this game! He also looks really sweet :).

Last edited by a moderator:

sweetlynn86

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
That's Monroe. She's quite the diva. She's also twice the size of her sister.

sweetlynn86

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Lol. She's got enough milk to feed a small army. She's keep bellies on these kitties about the size of a hard boiled egg and yet she's still leaking all over everything. I'm having to constantly change bedding because she's leaving puddles. I didn't know a cat could make so much milk. As the kittens are eating, it's running out of unused nipples and soaking them! Probably why polka eats so much too. She's been eating between 17 and 20 ounces of wet food per day. Add in the kitten food and treats and she's a bonafide piggy. But such a cute little piggy.