Anyone's kittens due in next week?

sophie79

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yes the kittens will be pointed as the father is a Ragdoll/Siamese cross. If both parents are pointed then the outcome can only be pointed kittens. Pointed cats are always born white, you're right! I'm very excited to see what colours the points will be on the kitties because the mother has the red gene (she is seal point tortie with cream) and thus the variety will be good!

Sorry about your Himi.....I know how attached we can get to our cats :(. Great name btw. :)

zoeykotah

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
What might Zoey's kittens look like, I wonder? She's a tabby, and the tom I'm assuming is the dad because I've seen him skulking around our door a few times is a tuxedo. I guess no all whites in my future

sophie79

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
For pointed cats (Siamese colouring) : Even if the outward appearance (phenotype) of the parents do not display a point colouration it still may be possible for their offspring to display it if BOTH parents carry the recessive 'point' gene. Unless both parents somehow carry the recessive pointed gene in their genotype, their kittens will not be pointed. If both parents do carry the recessive gene then it is possible that one or two kittens may be pointed. It's hard to know beforehand because you'd have to be able to trace back a lot of generations on both sides to see if any of the ancestors had the Siamese phenotype.
But if both parents display points (have siamese colours as their phenotype) then it is impossible to have anything but Siamese point colouration in their offspring. When I say Siamese colouration it doesn't mean that the cats are actually Siamese (they could be Ragdoll, Birman, Himalayan etc)... it's just the easiest way to describe point colouration.

If you want white cats that stay white...that's a whole different story. White is dominant and it masks (suppresses) all other colours....so if one of the parents has even just a spot of white on their phenotype (outward appearance) then gauranteed there will be white on the kittens and some may be all white. I'm still learning about the genetics of white....there's a white spotting gene and a van gene. All I know is white is truly a dominant gene.

My brain hurts!

zoeykotah

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Still waiting as well. Boy, were we wrong about the one week thing

cat lover 2014

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yey congrats and well done Kota bless her Mitsy needs to hurry up. [emoji]128515[/emoji]

1donna

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Wish mine would hurry up shes had a bit of a runny poo this afternoon is that normal?

zoeykotah

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
wow, i think we're officially last of the first posters

good job Kota!

mama2poquito

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Come on. We need more babies.
Kota had 4 total. She took a break for about 45 minutes, then here came another. They are all healthy appearing and nursing well. Not sure of sexes yet. I'll post pictures soon.
Kota (short for Dakota) is a jet black, medium hair, with a white locket of about 20 hairs). Dad is the cat in my avi (Poquito-a beautiful blue tuxedo--short hair).
One kitty is jet black medium hair with a locket like mom, second is jet black medium hair, third looks just like dad but darker--I'm thinking that one may end up blue as well. Short hair and not the dark, shiny black coat like the others. The fourth looks like the first, so in a mass of writhing newborns, I first thought there were only three. Imagine my surprise when I counted four nursing kitties.
I'm so excited for my new editions, and anxious for the mama cats that still need to deliver.

Last edited:

cat lover 2014

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
When they have had discharge from their teets how long after do they have their kittens?

mama2poquito

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I never noticed discharge with Kota. I didn't really see any signs I was looking for.
Last night, my daughter woke me up at midnight and told me Kota wanted both of us in the room with her. She would go to the box we set up for her and them run to my bedroom door.
She relaxed when I came in and just wanted to be pet.
She didn't lose her mucous plug until about 20 minutes before she delivered the first kitten.
She really was perfectly normal until midnight and the first kitten was born just after 1

Last edited: