Angel isn't doing well :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks you guys,  I know, I should have thought to have them call me when he was out of surgery from the feeding tube, & still had the chemo to go, but I'm sure they want to make sure he is stable, etc.. after.

I know he is in good hands there. I know his vet really cares for him, When I was tearing up about everything, I could see her eyes getting red too.  When she took him back, I gave him more kisses, & told het to give him kisses.

lavishsqualor

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It sounds as if you have a great vet!  That's so important.  Angel is lucky that he has two awesome women looking out for him!

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes he does! The owner is a woman too, the one we saw last Thursday, who did the Echo. The techs are great too! I really, really am blessed to have a cats only vet in this town!! 

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just called & I can come & get him. It's almost 4:30. I am shaking all over! No info.

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
I just called & I can come & get him. It's almost 4:30. I am shaking all over! No info.
We're with you. 

At least he made it through the anesthesia so that's something.  Fingers crossed the news is hopeful. 

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks guys! We just got home around 6:00 or so. They showed me how to do everything, but wow, is overwhelming! I will have to get a routine down. Just will be hard in the mornings before having to go to work. I am not an early morning person, so will also prep what I can the nights before. He got one syringe there for the demo, & I just gave 3, & will do a couple more in an hour or so.I'm giving him a break after the day he's had, but also want to get it done, so I can relax, & him too. Supposed to give 6 syringes 3xs/day, but doing 3-4 3xs/day to work up to. It's the AD & the critical care mixed.
She did a full body X-ray, & she did see another one under his bladder as well. :(
This morning, I told her that I was just worried that this was the beginning of the end, & tonight, she said she was afraid that it may probably be. :(
So w/ the nodes in his throat like that, I don't know how long he will be comfortable.
He is not in congested heart failure anymore, so upped the pred back to one a day, (1/2 2xs/day). Also on an antibiotic, he has to be as long as he has the tube, so we will see how things go, how he does. I just don't think I can ever prepare for the end.
I will keep helping him & loving him, until I just don't see him "in there" anymore. When his spirit is gone, so to speak, then I will know, but until then, I just won't/ can't.

Thank you all so much for being here for me. It means the world!!
Love to you all!!!

I have to finish his feeding & still eat myself, etc.. & need to break from this day, so may not be back tonight, but will be tomorrow I'm sure!

margd

Veteran
Purraise
What a brave boy Angel is.  He does look kind of wiped out in his pictures, but any one would be after a day like he had.  That's good news about the CHF - looking for silver linings among the clouds.  I hate cancer so much. Angel may beat this yet, though - you're doing everything possible and he couldn't ask for a better mom and vet. Sending healing thoughts Angel's way.   (((hugs))) 

Last edited:

lavishsqualor

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Poor guy.  He has sad eyes.  I'm guessing that's primarily from the anesthesia?  I'm rooting for you and know you'll always do right by him.  Like I said earlier, no cat could ask for a better custodian.

He really is such a beautiful animal and I love the fact that he just sorta' showed up at your doorstep.  You guys make a very charming couple.

zed xyzed

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Kelly I am so sorry. I don't know what to say other than you both are in my thoughts. Angel is a strong boy if anyone can beat this it is him

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I don't think I've posted in this thread before, but I have been reading it.   I think because Angel is orange like my Ruby, I have an extra soft spot in my heart for him. 

I'm so glad Angel made it through everything today, and hope that after all you both have already been through, and will be going through next, that he can win this battle.  

I hope, too, that you are able to have some worry-free moments, though I know that's easier said than done.

psychomama

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Kelly, my heart goes out to you. I wish I could help you in some way. All I can do is pray for you and that God gives you the strength that you need. Psycho just showed up at our house too 7 years ago. They pick us for a
reason. He picked a loving Mommy that has taken the very best care of him. Stay strong, love him and I will continue to [emoji]128591[/emoji][emoji]127995[/emoji]. [emoji]10084[/emoji]️ & hugs[emoji]128062[/emoji]

handsome kitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Angel looks so tired tonight.  Getting enough food will surely help his body fight the cancer and get through the chemo.  Hopefully feeding him through the tube will be easier than just force feeding w/the syringes.  Hang in there.

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks everyone. I am trying to be strong ,it is hard though when they have found so many more, & the fact that the nodes in his throat can't be good, or feel good.
Hopefully he will get used to the feedings, & the rest of the chemo will work, 8 more to go now, & the pred, if it doesn't cause any more problems. But even the vet said it being in the lymph nodes like that, its spreading. Especially to feel all of the that are there now, even one in the back of his hamstring.
:(

Last edited:

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well I was able to get 4 syringes in him. 3 around 6:45/7 & 1 more at 8, plus the one he got at the vets, so 5 total
I just couldn't do one more after the last one. He was starting to lick his lips anyway, so didn't want to chance him throwing up. Especially on top of everything he's been through today, & w/ his throat the way it is.
Will continue to try the 3-4 three times a day, to work up to the 6 three times a day.

Last edited:

margd

Veteran
Purraise
That sounds like a good plan. And I'm glad you got some food into him.   He really is a good boy putting up with all this.  

Status
Not open for further replies.