Angel isn't doing well :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks guys, shower down, now think i'm gonna make a salad for dinner.  Eric, I looked at that link & looked at the first lymph nodes listed, but went to look at the second, & it wouldn't come up, so will try again another day.

psychomama

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Kelly, Psycho and I send love and well wishes for today's appointment. Everyone who has followed this thread I know is here for you both. " Keep Pounding "

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
Kelly we are sending you purrayers and positive thoughts to Angel this morning.

I watched that video and I don't think he will give you a hard time-the most important thing is to make sure that the food is warmed up in a cup of warm water prior to administering otherwise it will feel like we do when we eat cold icecream and its cold sliding down. But I think this will be so much easier than forcing him to eat. NOW you can feed him whatever they need him to get-and I found out that my floey loves A/D food.

We have been having a war so to speak with food-she is on strike unless its in my hand. of course I am still slowly getting her off kibble-but she doesn't eat enough calories in canned food-I mash the heck out of it and she licks the juice-if I make it too runny she refuses to eat it. cats!

So we will be seeing the vet tomorrow night to see if she is getting sore  in her mouth not to mention she has been restless as all heck the past few days. She will eat but only if I hand feed her or open a new can of food.

Cats!!

Angel we are sending purrayers to you. I posted your story on my facebook wall asking for the prayer warriors to send you vibes and prayers-the more hearts lift you guys up maybe it wont seem like you are so alone.

We lift you all up in prayers ANGEL GET BETTER!!!  

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank ALL of you so much. It has been a very emotional weekend, & morning. I was trying to hold back more tears all morning, that by time and got to the vets & was signing the paper, I had tears running down my face.
The Doc could feel a lot more lymoh nodes that you shouldn't be able to feel. More down his chest area, tummy, & even in back, in the hamstring area! She did hear a slight arrithmia In his heart, so there is a concern about the anesthesia. :( this is all so scary, & fear it is the beginning of the end, but pray not. It just seems to be spreading, & I don't want to put him through a lot, but want him to have a chance to get better as well. I just can't make that call when he still has some fiesty left in him. He was even grumbling when she was listening to his heart.
I am at my parents now, waiting. I was praying & crying again on the way, that he will do OK w/ the anesthesia.
I am so sad. I don't want to loose my baby & I don't want him to suffer either.

Last edited:

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
Thank ALL of you so much. It has been a very emotional weekend, & morning. I was trying to hold back more tears all morning, that by time and got to the vets & was signing the paper, I had tears running down my face.
The Doc could feel a lot more lymoh nodes that you shouldn't be able to feel. More down his chest area, tummy, & even in back, in the hamstring area! She did hear a slight arrithmia In his heart, so there is a concern about the anesthesia.
this is all so scary, & fear it is the beginning of the end, but pray not. It just seems to be spreading, & I don't want to put him through a lot, but want him to have a chance to get better as well. I just can't make that call when he still has some fiesty left in him. He was even grumbling when she was listening to his heart.
I am at my parents now, waiting. I was praying & crying again on the way, that he will do OK w/ the anesthesia.
I am so sad. I don't want to loose my baby & I don't want him to suffer either.Kelly
Kelly, I am so sorry to hear this.  I'm so stunned, I simply don't know what to say except hang in there.  We are all there with you in spirit, pulling for Angel.  How long is his treatment today?  

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thamks margd, it will be a while. It was only supposed to be the 2 hr. Drip today, but now there will also be X-ray, maybe assperating one of the nodes, & the feeding tube, so probably most of the day.
I came to my parents, because they are halfway between the vets & my house. This way, I wouldn't have to drive all the way home & back again. (12 miles).

psychomama

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Prayers for you and Angel. The Vet will know more later today. Whatever happens God will give you the strength to endure. Let the Vet guide your decision and you will know the right thing to do for him. I am so sorry but do not give up hope.[emoji]10084[/emoji]️

lavishsqualor

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry to hear this.

You're such a great cat mom.  Angel is a lucky guy.  You've done everything conceivable for him and no cat could ask for a better parent.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
sending you hugs. I only hope they can help him-IF you could later join the yahoo feline lymphoma and just copy and paste what you wrote the past few days-there may be another medication to use as a "rescue" med. Elspar I believe is one of them-are you seeing an oncologist? I am sending prayers your way. I don't know what the answer is. I only hope this doesn't end bad and that Angel can continue to snuggle with you and send you love

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you, I am trying to be positive, but also feel so in limbo until we know more. I feel ok right now, but it fluctuates.
My mom went walking w/ a friend, I would've went, if I hadn't wore flats today. She asked me if I wanted to go to old time pottery when she gets back, so that will be a nice distraction.
I have been looking for a 10x10 frame for a print I bought this summer. It was by a local artist, print is one of 50. Cost more than I paid to have it matted & framed, so gonna do it myself.

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You can see, before I rotated the picture, I had been looking at it the wrong way, but the more I look at it, this is the right way. You can see the signature on the bottom that way too. Original piece is done in fabric, as you can see from the print.

Last edited:

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Last edited:

goholistic

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow, I had a lot of reading to do. I'm so sorry Angel's not feeling well and that something might be going on with his lymph nodes. 

Mega vibes for today!  

lavishsqualor

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Gosh, the "not knowing" is driving me crazy!!! 

Fingers and toes (cat and human) crossed for Mr. Angel.

Status
Not open for further replies.