American Idol 2008

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was really curious to see what David Cook would do with MC songs...and, I have to say, I thought he did awesome! He could probably sing a song by Willie Nelson and "make it his own". He does impress me.

I think the weakest performances tonight were from Carly (she was really weak until she hit the power notes) and, I hate to say it, Jason. I love him, but he really didn't impress me tonight, but Simon liked it so who knows.

I can't wait until the week with Andrew Lloyd Webber!

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Um, I feel really stupid. It wasn't vote off night, I don't know what I was thinking, LOL! I think the Davids did the best. Carly or Brooke might be gone this week, I'm thinking.

mistressotdark

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was very impressed by David Cook..although I do like him. I can't vote because i'm canadian...

I wasn't that impressed with Brooke last night...
so she might be next to go ...

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mistressotdark

I was very impressed by David Cook..although I do like him. I can't vote because i'm canadian...

I wasn't that impressed with Brooke last night...
so she might be next to go ...
I love her as a person, but the song didn't do that much for me.

Also Carly should have sang (sung?) the song the way it was originally written. Or at least closer. She made it "too much her own" in my opinion.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
OMG, i thought Kristy did so well! Not really a Kristy fan either. I did not like Brooke or Carly and while I think David Cook is very good, I just don't like emo rock and can't get into him. I've never particularly cared for Jason Castro, David A just seems boring lately even though he did sing that song very very well. My favorite was Syesha last night, man that girl can sing!

sofiecusion

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Dial idol has the bottom three as Syesha, Carly, and Brooke.

Is it just me or are the contestants this year sounding the same every week? Not to one another, but compared to prior performances. I like that Kristy Lee is improving. I like David Cook making songs his own. I still don't think David A or Jason are marketable.

Brooke and Carly were the worst last night IMO.

whuckleberry

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Hmm, seems like I might be alone in disliking David Cook's performance last night. I thought his song sounded really awkward. Carly and Brooke weren't so hot either. So I guess they would be my bottom three.

I liked Jason and Kristi's performances.

sofiecusion

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Scott and I were surprised to see Kristy Lee go last night. We knew she wouldn't win, but thought she'd stick around longer. Scott really wanted to see Brooke go (I admit she annoys me too), but I thought Syesha would go. It's hard to predict anymore.....

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Marianjela

I was a huge Michael Johns fan, but now I have a new favorite!

David Cook is a SuperSib! My daughter got an email from them today.
That is really neat!

My daughter and husband absolutely screamed in frustration when Syesha was safe!

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No surprise to see Kristy go. I didn't much care for her, although she was getting a bit better in the last weeks. Syesha should go next!

beck4582

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AlleyGirl

No surprise to see Kristy go. I didn't much care for her, although she was getting a bit better in the last weeks. Syesha should go next!
That sums it up for me, too! I really think that David Cook is the best out of them all now. And for some reason I really like Jason. I'm not sure how much long he'll last, though.

larussa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think the only way David Archuleta will win is cuz of all the votes by the tweenies who are tone deaf anyway. They just think he is cute. For me he is not the best singer and has no personality whatsoever. I did favor Michael Johns but now I feel David Cook should win this thing. Jason is soooooooo boring, what is Syesha still doing on that stage. Really out of the whole lot David Cook stands out and should win but unfortunately it seems popularity wins over talent.

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't even watch David Archuletta's performances anymore. I absolutely can't stand him!!!! He's not a terrible singer, but he is just so dang boring. All he can do is boring old ballads. I just can't image he would be very marketable.

David C. is my fav

kitytize

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have not been involved in this thread but I would like to say that I think David Cook should win!

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love David Archuletta! I think his ballads are just fine
that said, I don't think this is his time, I don't see him as a pop star. I will always have a fond spot for him after watching him win star search jr as a real youngster

Jason Castro - love it when he's picked the right song, and hope he gets a contract as I'd buy his cd.

Carly - great voice, no connection with an audience, would take a lot for her to pull off a win.

Syesha - great voice, wrong songs again and again, she's lovely, confident and talented...as a model/actress and singer this I hope helps her career along, but she won't win Idol (imo).

Brooke...like the person, have liked some of the songs, but even if she makes an album, I never could listen through a carol king album when I was younger...

David Cook...please, start recording that album now!! He's wonderful, love the voice, love what he does with the songs, hope he wins.