American Idol 2008

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I am not a Dolly Parton fan.

I think bottom 3 will be Ramiel, Kristy Cook and either Syesha or Jason.

I was not a fan of David Cook when this all started, but he has really upped his game.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I actually liked Brooke last night and usually I'm not a fan

Ramielle has to go, she is not up to par with most of the other contestants

I think David Cook is very talented, I am not a fan of "emo rock" so I just can't get into him

Michael Johns gave a very sexy performance last night

As for Jason, he's very folksy and his performances sound the same to me every week!

I was not impressed with Syesha last night, I know she sang the song more like Dolly did, but the Whitney version is so ingrained in my mind, Syesha's performance kinda fell flat

I was a big Archuleta fan from the get go, but the last few weeks have been kinda blah.

Kristy Lee is a good singer I think, but like Simon said, very forgettable, and along those lines I cannot remember what Carly sang!

whuckleberry

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
David Cook was my favorite last night.

I really thought Kristy Lee would do better than she did. Either she or Ramiele need to go. They both have nice voices but aren't good performers.

sofiecusion

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think Ramielle will be going home tonight too. She just never found her niche, and her performances aren't memorable at all. She never really "did" anything. I thought Kristy Lee would be better than she was. She won't last long either.

I really like David Cook and Michael Johns.

I like David Archuleta too, but he seems to sound the same every week, and I don't think his genre is where pop culture is right now...same goes for Jason Castro and Brooke, but different genres. Be honest. Taylor Hicks never sold a lot of albums.....

Bleh. I think previous years contestants were better. I think Simon would agree....

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I just wish they wouldn't have such narrow themes, i.e. pick something from this particular artist. If they would have better themes where the contestants could show more of who they are I would be watching. But they don't, and I'm not.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Ramielle is gone! America chose right IMO. I was very surprised to see Brooke in the bottom 3

paulena

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katiemae1277

Ramielle is gone! America chose right IMO. I was very surprised to see Brooke in the bottom 3
\t
I totally agree!! I think Brooke is very talented, but there is alot of talent this year, I think it will get more complicated as the show progresses!!

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I though Dolly Parton's performance was terrible-she doesn't really even "sing". Couln't make head nor tails of the lyrics either.

Not surprised Ramiele was the one chosen to be voted off. I agree that while she has a great voice she goesn't seem to have a certain genre where she fits in.

beck4582

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I missed the performances this week, but watched last night. Wasn't surprised at the bottom three. I really like Brooke, personally, but I'm not sure America "gets" her. I hope someone picks her up, though, whenever she does get voted off. I think Ramielle has a good voice, but she never really connected with the audience. I hope Kristy Lee goes next week. She just really bothers me for some reason. I am starting to really like Michael Johns, though. He is sexy!!
I like David Cook, too.

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Was glad to see Ramiele go, she has a beautiful voice, but her performances were so awful and dull.

Wish David A. would go next. He bores me to tears.

David Cook, Michael Johns, and Brooke are my favorites. Carly has a great voice, but she needs to pick better songs. Her last few have been boring as well.

Syesha and Kristy Lee I really don't care for, but I figure they won't be around much longer, so no need to worry about them. Jason has a lot of fans, but he is getting to be boring too.

kaete

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I was glad to see Ramiele go. She has a beautiful voice, but she never really did anything with it, and she bored me half to death.

My favourite performance was Michael Johns'. Amazing! But I have to admit to being a total Jason Castro junkie. I love folk, and he just has that amazing folky vibe that I really dig. I know he won't win, but I hope he gets signed, because I want his album

whuckleberry

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Predictions for tonight? Maybe Carly?

There were a lot of boring performances this week. Not horrible, but "forgettable" as Simon would say. Kristy Lee did fairly well, as did Syesha (in my opinion, although the judges were a tad harsh on her).

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Didn't watch the show, but read reviews. I can't believe David A. did Robbie Williams' Angel. He may have sung it well, I don't know. But someone with much more life experience needs so sing that song, not some little kid who blushes when you say his name.

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AbbysMom

I am shocked by who went home!

I STILL can't believe it!
I think most of America was shocked, too!

What really irks me is that Michael got kicked off before Jason or David Cook did!
I know that there are a lot of peeps who like those two, but IMO, I don't think they're all that great.
They're just average, IMO. Michael was certainly A LOT better than those two were (and a hunk, to boot!
)

I'm really disappointed by today's results..

~KK~

faith's_mom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Huh...it was suprising, that's for sure...

I do like Carly, and the young guy...that's Jason I think? Not sure, but for a youngster, he really has a very developed voice...

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by faith's_mom

and the young guy...that's Jason I think? Not sure, but for a youngster, he really has a very developed voice...
I think you're referring to David Archuleta: he's the youngest one of the group. Jason is the guy with the dreadlocks..

~KK~