American Idol 2008

monaxlisa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by calico2222

I could just see Simon saying to Elvis (just for an example) "That was a nightmare!"
lol

I thought David C is my favorite byt he was just alright tonight. First song not so good, I didnt really get the second song, there werent very many words...the beginning of it was good though.

Syesha, I didnt really like the first one, its been done too much (especially considering allll the songs she had to pick from), but I liked the second and Im glad she's grown into herself more.

Jason, well the first song wasnt good but I liked the second a lot except for the forgetting the words, I think Bob Dylan is perfect for him.

David A Im not a fan of but he was the best tonight.

sofiecusion

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I agree with you guys. David C's first song wasn't as good, but he made a drastic change up for his second song....which was what we like about him.

Syesha was good tonight, although at one point during one of the songs, she sounded like she was screaming a bit. Don't hate....we have a really good sound system, which can be unfortunate for us at times.

Jason - Last week a rumor was going around that he didn't care anymore. It showed. I did feel bad for him after the Paula fiasco though....

David A. - He's boring to me, but I liked his version of "Stand By Me" better than his second song....

To me the contestants aren't as good as last year....

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
David C was great, 2nd song was better.

Syesha was pretty good.

Jason was awful and really needs to go home tonight!

David A. - still boring me to tears.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I think I voted over 100 times for Syesha- if she leaves and Jason stays I am gonig to scream- Jason's performances last night were unforgivably awful

beck4582

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
David Cook is still my favorite by far. Syesha keeps getting better and better. David A is still blah to me. He gets on my nerves. He reminds me of a Backstreet Boy wannabe. Jason.... I like him when he's doing his genre. I actually liked him tonight except for his horrible mistake. I know he doesn't care any more. He's just there to have fun. It showed. I think he'll go home tonight.

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by yayi

Jason "relieved" to be out. So am I.

I CHEERED when I heard the "good" news!
He didn't care anymore, and it showed. I think that's what bothered me most about him: that, and the fact that he's "stuck" on himself.
I think he figured he could just keep on sailing by w/o trying, b/c he had a lot of the teeny-boppers votes. A person shouldn't be there if they really don't care.
There were plenty who DID care, and should still be there.

It will be real interesting to see who gets the boot next..

~KK~

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think it will come down to the two Davids, I think that they are the best anyways. But it really doesn't matter to me, I don't have a favorite this year like I have had in the past.

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I really don't like Syesha. I really hate the word "diva" applied to these screeching little girls nowadays, or any of them that act badly.
The term was originally used to describe a woman of rare, outstanding talent. It derives from the Italian word 'diva' meaning "goddess" or "fine lady"[1]. TIME magazine observed in its October 21, 2002 issue: "By definition, a diva was originally used for great female opera singers, almost always sopranos."
I haven't seen anything like that on AI or MTV, VH1, BET, or anyone lately referred to as a diva.

sofiecusion

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
David A. - his choice (Chris Brown) - got my wish of seeing him out of his element, and he didn't pull through *boo* Paula/ producer's choice were boring/ predictable.....maybe dad not having influence backstage this week showed.....

Syesha - not bad/ not outstanding either....very predictable.

David C. - Didn't like Simon's choice, but he did great with what he was given. Stepped up to Simon's challenge. Other two songs were also better than his competition's....best of the night!

Prediction: Two David's in finale....

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
David A - only 1 to sound clear, distinct with lovely tone and phrasing.
Syesha - still shouting, pitchy...should be wonderful on the stage, hope she has a wonderful broadway career.

David C - sometimes takes my breath away, but as my dh said, tonight, each song sounded the same...starts slow, builds to loud shouting rock...was not the best of the night in our opinion.

Doubt David A will win, but I think he's the purer talent and hope he still gets a contract, look forward to how he develops over the upcoming years.

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
None of them really did the best that they're capable of IMO, but I was impressed with David C's rendition of The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face - that's a hard song to sing. David C. hasn't been my favorite this year, but I thought he was the best last night.

I think Syesha's time has come, and the two David's will be in the finals. I'd like to see David A. win the competition, but I think it will end up being David C. At this point, it really doesn't matter to me just who wins, b/c my favs are already gone. I'm just watching it now more out of curiousity than anything else..

~KK~

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No surprises this week.

I'll be really disappointed if David A wins though. He has a good voice sure, but he's BORING BORING BORING and I can't imagine ANY record he would put out that I would want to listen to.

I'm voting for David C.

kitytize

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AlleyGirl

No surprises this week.

I'll be really disappointed if David A wins though. He has a good voice sure, but he's BORING BORING BORING and I can't imagine ANY record he would put out that I would want to listen to.

I'm voting for David C.
Ditto for me

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
David A is talented but I think he's too young right now to be able to handle the fame and stress of winning the Idol competition. He also has his idiot father to deal with. It would be better IMO for David C to win this one and let David A get some maturity under his belt for a future win.