American Idol 2008

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kluchetta

My daughter and husband absolutely screamed in frustration when Syesha was safe!
DH & I did a little screaming over that too. Not unlike Syesha herself when she sings.

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Carly's husband did a guest spot at the shop my where SO works. He is some kind of seriously bad cage fighter or something, but a really nice guy, does a nice tattoo. She did not come with him, but women around here hit on tattoo artists all the time, and he would always blow them off. When a guy would ask him about it and why he didn't do anything she would NEVER hear of, he would shake his head and say "you have obviously never seen my lady." I thought that was so nice. They had a quick shot of him on camera last show. I hope she wins. I think she has great potential, and is just a little out of her element. She rocks!

beck4582

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
So last night... Andrew Lloyd Webber was SO FUNNY!!! I've always been a fan of his, but listening to the way he talked about the contestants last night was a riot.

As usual, David Cook was my favorite. I felt SO BAD for Brooke. I think this may be it for her. Jason is wonderful, but I didn't care too much for last night. And, as much as I don't like him, I really liked the way David A. did his song last night. Whoever arranged it did a great job. Syesha was alright, and Carly was kind of weird... I think this week it will be Brooke...

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think Brooke will go home this week too.

I don't care much for Jason these days, but he's still got a girly fan base so he may be safe. Carly was decent. Syesha was bad as usual. Don't even watch David A. anymore, can't stand him so much.

David Cook rocks!

whuckleberry

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Yes, Andrew Lloyd Webber was great, I had no idea he had such personality!

My favorites were Syesha and David Cook. Syesha gave such a fun performance, sounded great, and seemed confident with the song. David Cook sang beautifully. Simon may prefer his "grittier" side, but I actually preferred his style last night.

Brooke. I felt bad for her; she's human. But in a competition of this caliber, at this stage, that's an unforgiveable blunder, IMO. It ruined her whole performance for me. She should be the one to go.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
While I think David Cook is talented, I've never really been a fan, but last night he blew me away! It is awesome that he has that side to him

Syesha did amazing, I think he future might very well be in Broadway

Brooke was NOT good at all, and like everyone's said, that blunder is not the sign of a professional

i didn't think Jason did as bad as the judges said, but I don't think he'll last much longer

David A gave a wonderful performance, he took that song and truly made it his own.

Carly looked like she was having a blast, and, like simon said, she did get a little screamy in the middle, overall I thought it was really good- loved the T-shirt too!

paulena

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mistressotdark

I agree..Brooke should be the one to go today.....and I love David Cook!
I have to agree!! I think David Cook deserves to win it all, the only performer to have consistency!!

sofiecusion

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Brooke needs to go home! She had to start over once before, but it wasn't as obvious.....she always looks like she's going to fall apart on stage!

I like David C the best. David A is just boring and all his songs sound the same to me.....

Syesha seemed to be in her realm last night.

Should be interesting tonight.....

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have to say I'm just totally addicted to David C. I just watched the video from last night on YouTube about 10 times in a row. That man is hot

sofiecusion

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I yelled "What?!?! You've GOT to be kidding me!!!!" at the TV when I learned Brooke was safe. I scared Chevy out of the room and woke up Scott to tell him my disbelief! He'll watch it tomorrow.....Vote for the Worst is up to no good again....

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
All I can say is WOW!! Never thought THAT would happen!! The bottom two REALLY surprised me!

Actually, I am a fan of Brooke's, and yes she messed up in the middle, but I think she did great through the rest of the song. A bit tense but I like her style. David Cook was awesome...except the last note bothered me. But like someone said it was nice to see that side of him. David A just bores me. I liked him the first few weeks, but I agree with Simon that this weeks was forgettable, as has been the last few performances for me. Syesia was good, I thought. I think she will make it in musical theater, but she won't win AI. Jason...I knew someone would sing memories, but it really needed a power singer for the ending and he just didn't pull it off. Normally, anytime I hear that song I end up in tears or close to it, and last night was just...."yeah...and?".

faith's_mom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Misty8723

DH & I did a little screaming over that too. Not unlike Syesha herself when she sings.
haha...

I was SOOOOOOOOO disappointed that Carli was voted off...she was one of my faves...

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sofiecusion

I yelled "What?!?! You've GOT to be kidding me!!!!" at the TV when I learned Brooke was safe.
Did you see the look on HER face? I bet she already packed her bags! I still think she did a good job after she restarted. Even Webber said it happens to everyone.

beck4582

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I was shocked, but not dissapointed. Carly kind of got on my nerves. I bet she'll do okay in the business now, though, which is what she wanted to get out of this anyway. I was just happy that my boys David C and Jason were safe.

paulena

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Was very shocked at the results, thought it would have been Brooke. It is gonna be alot tougher from here on out!!

kaete

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I was shocked it was Carly, as well. She has a fantastic voice, and her performance on Tuesday was totally my favorite. I thought it would be Brooke, and I was hoping it would be, because I think she's overstayed her welcome. She looked as surprised as I was

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sofiecusion

I yelled "What?!?! You've GOT to be kidding me!!!!" at the TV when I learned Brooke was safe.

I was as shocked to see Carly go, just as much as I was when Michael got the boot.
It should have been Jason & Brooke who were the bottom two.

I like Brooke, and I think she has a lot of potential and she can sing, but I don't think she's "star" material just yet: she's too emotional. Jason's okay, but he just bores me. I really don't think he's all that great. Neither one of them are better than Michael or Carly, IMO.

I know a lot of peeps didn't think Kristy was all that good, but I think she has a beautiful singing voice. She really kicked butt when she sang God Bless the USA.

Syesha's good, and I think she'll probably go far in her career - but I don't think she'll make it all the way on AI.

I really liked David A. in the beginning, and I still think he has a lot of potential, but lately, he bores me too. And David C. is okay too, but I guess he's just not my "thing". I'm just not all that crazy about him, as some peeps seem to be.

I'm really disappointed in this year's AI. It's turning into more of a popularity contest, than a talent competition as it was intended to be.
As someone else stated, there are too many teeny-boppers voting this year, and I think that's why the standings are what they are...

Well, the good news is is that Michael & Carly got exposure, and I think they both are off to a great start in their future careers - in spite of getting kicked off of AI.
Neither one of them will get lost in the shuffle, if they really have the talent.

~KK~

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
One thing...I agree about the popularity contest, but the ones voting are most likely the ones who will be buying (with mom & dad's money) the recordings.