American Idol 2008

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm glad she made it to the top 10 too, but I don't think she'll be around for long. I like her voice, but Simon is right...she's just forgettable. Heck, I can't remember her name most of the time! She's either "the horse girl" or "the blond that isn't Brooke".

I really like Brooke, and David Cook. Carly's growing on me, but there is still something about her that annoys me. I actually was sorry to see Amanda leave, but I knew it would happen.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
David Cook's song tonight
That was amazing!

I thought Carly sounded good too, and Kristy Lee Cook chose a really good song for her. I don't think she'll go.

I didn't get to see every performance, but Ramielle sounded horrid in the recap part. Anne Wilson she ain't! I also thought the cheesy kid...David (?) made a really bad choice with a song no one would know. He sounded OK, but nothing spectacular.

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Very interesting tonight! As much as I truly enjoy David Archuletta's voice, for me, as of tonight, David Cook is in the lead to win this, and I'd be buying his cd so fast!

sofiecusion

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I agree guys. I like David Cook the best to win it. He seems to do well each week and really puts his own spin on the music....in a good way. I think David A is also good, but its not my style. It was kind of weird that he picked a song no one (not even the judges) heard of...

My prediction for the voting tonight will either be Chikeze ( although I DID like his performance a few weeks ago) or Ramielle (she seems boring).

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MonaxLisa

I thought David Cook was great again!
I just cant stand the backup singers though, theyre so loud and always off key, whats the deal with that!?
I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks so
Sometimes I feel like its the backup vocals that ruin a performance. They just really aren't that good.

David Cook was great though! He's now officially my #1!

kaete

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Last night was all about David Cook and Michael Johns for me.

I wouldn't be sorry to see Chikeze go (I think he's already overstayed his welcome), and I keep waiting for Ramiele to actually do something with that gorgeous voice of hers, but she just keeps falling flat for me. I think her time is up, too.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Ramielle was bad last night, she hit some really sharp notes

I thought Syesha was great!

I thought David A's song chance was extremely odd
I mean come on, there are so many songs he could have chosen from 1990! I like his voice, but he keeps making bad song choices

I'm not really a Brooke fan, but the judges comments really irked me- last time she played the piano without the band, they told her she should have used the band, now that she did they are telling her she shouldn't!
get it straight you idiots!

I liked Michael Johns' performance
and Kristy Lee's, it cracked me up when Simon said that was the most clever song shoice

beck4582

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
David Cook and Michael Johns were the best last night for sure. I think Chikezie or Ramielle will go. Ramielle is really good when she does the right song, but I think she's getting lost... I didn't care for Kristy Lee - I thought it was really cheesy. I think David Cook is my favorite right now, though. I voted for him last night.

whuckleberry

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katiemae1277

I'm not really a Brooke fan, but the judges comments really irked me- last time she played the piano without the band, they told her she should have used the band, now that she did they are telling her she shouldn't!
get it straight you idiots!
I agree, the judges' comments seem completely arbitrary at times. Although I do think her performance was kind of boring.

David Cook was the best last night. And I guess I'm the only one who actually liked
David Archuleta's performance, when I normally don't care for him.
Ramiele's song choice was bad. I didn't understand the negative judgements about Carly; I thought she sounded good. And Kristy Lee actually wasn't horrible for once.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My top 3 (in no order) are David Cook, Carlye Smithson and Michael Johns!!!
I think Ramiele or Chiceze (sp?) will be going tonite.

paulena

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GailC

My top 3 (in no order) are David Cook, Carlye Smithson and Michael Johns!!!
I think Ramiele or Chiceze (sp?) will be going tonite.
I have to agree!! Those are my favorites, too!

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I loved Kristy Cook, I thought she did a great job.

It is gonna start getting real hard in the next few weeks.

beck4582

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I liked Chikezie, but I wasn't surprised. I WAS surprised that Jason Castro was in the bottom three, not Kristy Lee. This is the best top 10 I've ever seen, though. Everyone is very talented. It's going to be all about song choice I think in the end.

sofiecusion

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Scott and I were surprised to see Jason Castro in the bottom 3 too. I really thought Ramielle would be there too. I still think her days are numbered if she doesn't do something to make herself stand out, which I don't think will happen...

David A needs to mature a bit IMO. He should have also considered his audience not knowing his song choice. I wanna see if he can do another genre. Actually, I feel that way about most of the contestants still there. They seem to be doing the same things week after week.... Brooke seems naive or something, can't put my finger on it, but it rubs me the wrong way...

Things are definitely different this season....

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well I have to admit I got a chuckle out of Ryan's April Fool's "joke" tonight, and I almost fell for it..

I'm having a really difficult time this year choosing a favorite.
There is some really good talent, and I can't make up my mind who I like best. Last year I was with Jordin all the way - although I did also like Melinda & Lakisha (I think that was her name
). This year it's not as easy, and there are gonna be a few who don't make it that should....

I think Ramiele's number is up for sure though this week.

Originally Posted by MonaxLisa

I just cant stand the backup singers though, theyre so loud and always off key, whats the deal with that!?
I noticed that, too. Sometimes the backup singers are so bad that they make the Idol singer sound bad too - even though they're not.

~KK~

lisalee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I really, really liked Syesha's performance. She's my favorite of the girls. I really am liking David Archuleta again too, he's such a little cutie and I think he sounds amazing for only 17 years old!

David Cook was good again too and Michael Johns has done really good the last two weeks. I don't care for Jason, I think he's just boring.

Kristy Lee and Brooke I thought were both pretty good. I think Ramiele should go next.