Adult coloring books

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh My, WOW!  That stained glass is awesome!  And the black cat makes such a striking contract that both stand out quite distinctly.  

I don't think I could have done the window nearly as beautifully.  Did you see it in your mind first?  Or think about which color should go where?  I wouldn't know where to begin, to have the result look so realistic.
It took me a little time to see the kitty but when I did I thought beautiful. The whole thing.

fyllis

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is beautiful! Great color usage. 

newmamaof3

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
fyllis fyllis I love how those are all so unique! Sorry about your kidney stone! That's a terrible pain - I have passed several over the years myself. Just last year I had to have a 7mm stone removed surgically but the pain beforehand was awful. Hoping it passes quickly!

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
@Fyllis, I love how you have done the same design in different colours.   Not to mention how amazing it is you managed anything at all with kidney pain, I haven't experienced it my self but have been told it is one of the most severe kinds of pain you can  experience.   Hope that stone passes quickly and you make a speedy recovery.

fyllis

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
@Fyllis I love how those are all so unique! Sorry about your kidney stone! That's a terrible pain - I have passed several over the years myself. Just last year I had to have a 7mm stone removed surgically but the pain beforehand was awful. Hoping it passes quickly!
Thanks! I am starting on day 3 of trying to pass this stupid stone. I've had them in the past and I know it can take from a few days to several weeks. I am avoiding the ER for several reasons - the main one being a I don't have any insurance, and secondly, I just dread the waiting and the boredom of laying around and waiting on results. I am an 'instant-gratification' type person and I want results NOW! LOL  I guess it has a lot to do with me having been a nurse for over 20 years and knowing what goes on 'behind the curtain', so to speak. 

If I could just walk into the ER and say, "I am currently passing a kidney stone" and get immediate treatment without all the red tape and hullabaloo and jumping through hoops, I'd be there already. In the meantime, I am sitting here drinking some sparkling water anticipating the next uncontrollable urge to pee. I know it is moving - I can feel it. But, it is certainly taking it's good time! If it doesn't clear over the upcoming weekend, I will probably go to the hospital next week. I don't want to spend the Holidays in a hospital... 

OK, enough talk about kidney stones, LOL  Let's get back to making beautiful artwork! 

newmamaof3

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Well I hope you have some good painkillers to help you through! Kidney stones are terrible! My whole family is a bunch of "stoners"! My grandfather had 17 during his lifetime and my father has had 22...looks like I'm following suit...only 5 for me so far! Good luck maybe the coloring will help keep your kind from it!

newmamaof3

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thanks! I'm working on the next one and hope to be done with it soon. I think I like this book better than the enchanted forest and he secret garden. It's a different color pallet.

newmamaof3

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Anyone else have creative havens midnight garden book? All the pictures are printed with a black background instead of white. I found it this weekend and just started it. Curious to see if any others have completed pictures in this book.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thanks

I downloaded a coloring app for my phone today. It just isn't the same as coloring with actual pencils. Tapping the screen is annoying (at least on my phone. Sometimes I tap and nothing happens) and if you don't zoom in close enough, the color might end up somewhere else. The app I downloaded has an undo feature which is nice. The finished picture looks too perfect. No smudges, no stray marks outside of the lines, no pencil stroke marks in the colored areas. I can see how a coloring app might be useful to kill some time say, waiting at a doctor's office. I'll stick with old fashion hand coloring with pencil and paper