Adult coloring books

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

The geometric one is an interesting and different type of design.    I like the tree - I can imagine that in all sorts of different colours and being transformed - it looks very restful and autumnal here.
It's a pinecone
Or at least it's supposed to be
The paper in this book is very textured. My coloring come out a bit streaky. And the pencil colors rub off onto the back of the previous page.

Freedom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise

It's a pinecone
Or at least it's supposed to be
The paper in this book is very textured. My coloring come out a bit streaky. And the pencil colors rub off onto the back of the previous page.
I knew it was a pine cone!  Of course, I have 4 white pines in my back yard, so the lawn is littered with pine needles and cones just now. 

fyllis

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OK, so I took a break from Fall cleaning and decided to color a bit. I used markers and colored pencils. Not the best because I just used regular computer paper, but it works.

View media item 308279

Last edited:

Freedom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise

@Freedom   The pastel shades you have been using are very pretty - which ranges of pencil / pen are you using?
As I sat coloring just now, realized I never actually answered this.  So you have your colored pencil - Prismacolor or Crayola, doesn't matter.  You know you want purple.  So you pick that one up.  For a pastel color, you want a rounded tip, and you only layer 2 or 3 times.  For the bright sharp color, you want a fine point, and then layer 8 or more times.   Same pencil, one way is pastel, the other way is bold. 

Freedom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Oh My, WOW!  That stained glass is awesome!  And the black cat makes such a striking contract that both stand out quite distinctly.  

I don't think I could have done the window nearly as beautifully.  Did you see it in your mind first?  Or think about which color should go where?  I wouldn't know where to begin, to have the result look so realistic.

Last edited:

Freedom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Thank you for all the info, Fyllis.  Yes I also pull up the color wheel now and then.

I guess what I meant was . . . how did you decide to put orange on the right?  That makes it look like the sun is shining in at an angle, it is perfect!  (Should I say PURRfect?). 

Anyway, thanks for the reply.

Freedom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I bet you also learned something by reflecting on how you did that glass, lol.  It really is mood, instinct and such.

Love that still life.  Great greens in there!

newmamaof3

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I just got my new Johanna Basford book...lost ocean. Just started the first picture in it...not much progress yet but here it is so far.

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
Love the sound of that new book @catlover19  , I hadn't heard of it and had to look it up on line - it looks gorgeous.   Enjoy the more detailed colouring.

@newmamaof3  The Lost Ocean book looks lovely:  I haven't looked to get it as in some ways it is similar to the Secret Garden one I bought when it first came out and wanted different things for different moods.  The designs are great though, and I love what you have done so far.   Enjoy.   I love her first book.

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise

What are pencil crayons @catlover19  ?  Are they like the ones from Crayola that you twist?  I've only been sporadically lurking in this thread so if ya'll have discussed it I've missed it. 
The Prismacolour premier ones I have are pencil crayons effectively as they are wax based.

I like how you have coloured the tree @catlover19

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
These are from the first Mindfullness book:

Fall leave to go with the season
I originally planned the dots to be sort of holiday themed with gold and silver but it didn't quite end up that way.