Adult coloring books

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
@KittyCort   There are a lot of nature designs out there, and in addition to the link Freedom just listed for you, there are a whole host of others in this thread.  The earlier link Freedom gave in  post #445 here has some really lovely designs which include animals and scenery which you can print off for for the price of your paper and printer ink if you have a printer.   I've seen designs from the Joanna Bansford Secret Garden and Enchanted Forest books in the free sites as well as other similar stuff.

I like working with books but the free download links people have given in this thread are definitely catching my eye and am now thinking to get some better printer paper to get a few new designs that way my self.  I've bought most of the colouring books I have when they've been of offer on Amazon or in local shops, and to keep the cost down further on Amazon I've bought together to avoid carriage costs.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I looked for adult coloring books at Barnes and Noble but they were all very abstract designs....not my thing. Not to mention, I am not paying twenty books for coloring pages! I have been hoping to find one with nature-inspired pictures....like natural scenery, beautiful pond views, a house near the forest, that kind of thing. Not so easy to find though!
If you go back to the beginning of this thread and read through, you'll find lots of recommendations for books and web sites with free pictures to print out
There are some nature pictures here: http://www.coloring-pages-adults.com/coloring-zen/ Artiemom and I colored the same picture of a gazebo in a sort of garden not long ago
http://www.thecatsite.com/t/301902/adult-coloring-books/240#post_3811571

Here's a forest scene: https://novelnibble.files.wordpress.com/2015/05/coloring-books-for-adults-johanna-basford-9__880.jpg

Amazon.com has tons of coloring books. I have the Soul of the Woodland book. A lot of books cost under $10.

Lots of great colored pictures posted lately

Last edited:

Freedom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
How do you take photos of your colored pages?  I just did mine, they didn't come out nearly as sharp as I expected.  The first few pages I shared earlier in this thread I had set on my scanner, so those came in well.  That takes ages, so I used the camera, and I had to turn off the flash as that made them all washed out.

Anyway, I have completed over 100 pages!!!  I will just attach a few.  Here is a link to my album on photobucket. 

http://s133.photobucket.com/user/sfsamm/library/2015/Oct 22 Art?sort=3&page=1 

I set up subalbums, with the first photo in each being the cover so if you want to track down a book / collection, you can.  There are no photos in that link above, you scroll down the page a bit and click on whichever subalbum you want to view:

Angels

Art Nouveau Fashions

Artist's Loft 60's Designs

Artist's Loft Japanese Designs

Artist's Loft Still Life Floral

Printed Pages - refers to pages I printed from online, only one at this time

Prism Designs

Winter Scapes

OK, just a few:

This one was fun, they put faces on the bugs, have the 3 headed thing coming out of a flower, and so forth.  So I played around with the colors as well.  Leaves are not green, a flower is!

kittycort

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thanks, Freedom! Ill take a look!
That is a MUCH better price also.

I dont have a printer, otherwise I would be printing away.

kittycort

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Oops! I just saw that others replied to my post also. Thanks, everyone! I am going to do sone browsing. I didnt realize there are so many other adult "colorers" out there!

fyllis

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If you are looking for coloring pages, you can find just about anything you want online...just save the pic to your documents and then print them out.

Go to Google and type in ... Adult coloring book cats - or birds, hummingbird, peacock, landscape, trees, nature, animals, wolves, horses, flowers, roses, designs... whatever you want or can think of. You can be general or be specific. 

If you want something a little different instead of the specific outline pictures, you can also try Googling 'pencil drawings' then whatever type of drawing you might be looking for. 

Hope this helped. It's a LOT cheaper than buying all those books and then having 3/4 of a book of designs you don't like. This way, you can pic and choose just what you want! 

I just saved a bunch today, so hopefully, I will find a few that I really like and will start working on some soon.

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
@Freedom  Thank you for sharing more of your work.   Yours is the first Photobucket link I have ever been able to open too which I am very happy about.  I love those angel designs, and the Loft book stuff you have posted.  I don't think I've seen those books here but will need to look out for them when I next want to get new material (though am going to get some decent paper to print some individual things off line too).   The pastel shades you have been using are very pretty - which ranges of pencil / pen are you using?

For the photographing with camera - it does seem to vary depending on what your camera is best with.  Flash is difficult as if you take the pictures close enough to capture the design detail the flash tends to shadow part of the image and over exposes other parts, or causes reflection which obscures the design.  My last photos looked a bit dull and dark as I turned the flash off but the weather wasn't very sunny.   Also if take the pictures in dim light you are more prone to ending up with blur due to camera shake. Check the minimum focus distance for your camera too:  many cameras have quite a long minimum focus distance:  I have always enjoyed close up and macro photography and have a camera which is suitable for this.

@KittyCort  It might be worth investigating to see if any community resources around where you live offer limited printing facilities - that way you might be able to access on line designs there and print a few off.  Otherwise I'd reccommend checking out which designs you like in this thread and other images on line, which books they are from, and look for those books on offer either on line or in book local stores, craft stores and maybe even supermarkets.  I've managed to get some really lovely books on Amazon at good discount prices and just buy enough at one time to avoid the postage.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I dont have a printer, otherwise I would be printing away.
Head to your local library
Many libraries are set up with computers and printers. There maybe a small fee to use the printer or there could be a card that you can add money to for printer and copy use. Community centers may also have public computer use and a printer.

A basic home printer doesn't have to cost a lot. I have a HP all in one printer/scanner that I got for $20 at Target. It works well. Mostly I print stuff out at work

@Freedom I mostly use my digital camera to take pictures. Occasionally I'll scan pictures in. I turn the flash off and use the close up setting (the little flower icon). Sometimes I don't use the close up and the pictures come out fine. Having a steady hands helps. Try resting your elbows on the table to keep your arms and hands steady to take a picture. With my camera I can partially depress the button to sort of capture the image on the screen and then fully press the button to take the picture.

Freedom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
OK thanks for the photography tips!  I had not used the flower icon as yet, that was also a good tip, LTS3.

I found all the Artist Loft coloring sheets on the clearance racks at Michael's in late August.  I see Amazon has a few of them still in stock, but wow the price!  Here is a link, you may be able to find pages online to print:

https://www.google.com/search?q=artist's+loft+coloring+sheets&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

I have yet to open the Turkish and Arabian designs packets. The Artist Loft packets were the first group I purchased.  Back then I didn't know I prefer to color a scene rather than a pattern, and I prefer something with minimal detail.  Many of the pages in the 60s Designs packet are very very detailed UGH!  Not my thing.  I will most likely take them to the library on coloring night, for someone else to use. 

That paper is high quality and produces a water color effect, unless you go over and over, pressing hard, to flatten the paper.

MServant:  I have a slew of pencils!  CraZArt 24 pack and Crayola 24 and 50 packs,Crayola Extreme Colors (Neon) 8 pack,  Crayola Metallic  8 pack,  Prismacolor 36 and Prismacolor Premier 18 pack and Prismacolor 36 pack.  I started in August, with CraZArt and Crayola, they were on sale for back - to- school at great prices.  As I learned more ( mostly from THIS thread!) I searched for good deals on the Metallic, and the Prismacolor.  I also started with Markers - super tips, metallic and gel.  Learned I prefer pencils.  My early pages are combined media - pencils and markers. I was testing out, learning.  I imagine many of us do, when we start.  And I picked up the Prismacolor set of 24 markers in carry case  at that ridiculous price of $8.50 at Staples, posted that crazy thing on here.  I have used them on 3 pages and LOVE the results.

Prismacolor:  buy the pencils on ebay, someone in Kentucky sells the Spanish version for $15 and free shipping!  All this means is, the name of the color is printed: Spanish / English.  I can cope with that! Can't find that deal any more.

Prismacolor Premier:  Amazon had a great deal, I posted it in this thread at the time.  Not available now either, just checked.

Based on comments on here, I finally picked up the Prismacolor Premier sharpener to replace the 48 cent one I bought in August.  GREAT thank you so much for that, what a difference it makes!!!!

So it pays to search around now and then for deals. 

Last edited:

kittycort

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
So...I shouldnt have been doing this to begin with but I tried googling "adult realistic coloring pages" and....was immediatly locked out of the comp ! The word "adult" signaled a whole other topic and safety control took over. Ha!

I did manage to get a pic of Venice though.

fyllis

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So...I shouldnt have been doing this to begin with but I tried googling "adult realistic coloring pages" and....was immediatly locked out of the comp ! The word "adult" signaled a whole other topic and safety control took over. Ha!

I did manage to get a pic of Venice though.
You must have some sort of 'child lock' on your computer?

Sometimes you have to use your imagination and 'trick' your computer, LOL.

Try Googling  Advanced Coloring Pages, Mature Coloring Pages, Professional Coloring Pages,  Grown Up Coloring Pages, or Detailed Coloring Pages. You'll find a lot of options there. If you want a more specific category, type it at the end.  Advanced Coloring Pages Butterflies or whatever you are searching for.

Here is a list of some things I typed in Google:

Butterflies - Angels - Paisley  - Intricate - Mandala - Graphic - Abstract - Exotic - Gothic - Tattoo - Imagination - Word - Fantasy - Fairies - Wildlife - Patterns - Seascape - Ocean 
Animals (you can be specific and enter cat, dog, horse, giraffe, fish etc.) 

Seasonal (you can be specific here too and type in Easter, Christmas, Birthday, Halloween, Hanukkah etc.)

Flowers - roses, tulips, lilies, pansies, sunflowers etc. 

Landscape - mountain, trees, woods, forest, beach, farm, mountain scene, fields.

Or just type in Crazy Coloring Pages! If you can think it, you can find it! 

Play around on Google! Have fun!!

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

kittycort

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I was at work, using my work desktop..so what we view is controlled.

Freedom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Ha ha haaa, that is hilarious, KittyCort!  You have to switch the words around for Google:  coloring pages for adults  I'm not sure why you put 'realistic' in your search.

Have you looked at the Dover books online?  You can just search for one of those and pictures from it will appear in the search.

Last edited:

Freedom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Has anyone tried the 'stained glass' books?  I only see them by Dover Publications, but there may be others.  I picked up a small one from Amazon with my last order (it was an add on item).  I've seen them in the store.  The paper is translucent, and once you color the picture you put it up on a window or other light source and it has a stained glass effect. 

I want to see what these are like.  If the pictures are not very detailed, I want to speak with the Activities Director at the nursing home where my Dad resides.  Seems to me it may be a simple activity for them to do.

newmamaof3

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
The stained glass books work well with market or colored pencil so that when you hold them up to the light you can see through the colors. It's been years since I've done one!