Adult coloring books

fyllis

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
@Fyllis I love the nine lives cat picture! I'm actually working on that same one right now - yours is much better than mine
Every artist dips his brush in his own soul, and paints his own nature into his pictures.  - Henry Ward Beecher

Years ago, I decided I was going to sell some of my work, so I had a small 'yard sale'. I had all of my 'best' work displayed on tables and easels just outside our garage. I noticed a woman looking through a stack of canvases I had leaned against the inner garage wall that I was going to re-purpose and paint over. Just as I approached her to tell her those were not part of the collection for sale, she held one up and said, "Oh! I want this"!  I was a little surprised and looked at her like she was nuts because it was a half finished seascape that I had started 5 years earlier and never completed because, to me, it looked like crap! She eagerly offered me $150 for it and I eagerly accepted it. Then I grabbed the rest of the stack and put them ALL on display! LOL

When it comes to Art, there is no good or bad. We all see and perceive things differently. That is what makes each of us unique individuals! So, to say mine is better than yours is nothing more than your perception. We are always our own worst critic, so let's just say mine is different from yours! 

I'd like to see it when you are finished! 

P.S. Thank you for the compliment!

Last edited:

newmamaof3

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
fyllis fyllis you're welcome, and I will post mine when it's done. I've done it once before but I'll post them both side by side after I finish the second one :)

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Here is a pic I did this morning with colored pencils.

View media item 305366

I love to color, but I prefer to paint, so I am adding a painting I did eons ago back in 1981. It is a portrait of my Mom's Himalayan, Meerschaum when he was a kitten. He was  a seal point, but the full depth of his color hadn't come out yet. This was done in pencil and water color.

View media item 305367
I love the coloured one of all the kitties.

Freedom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Fyllis:  The 9 lives kitties is great!  Is that in the Creative Cats book?  I know there are several cat books out there.  I keep saying I am going to get that, then I come home without it . . . but with 3 or 4 others!  LOL

Love the paint of your mum's kitten.  What a treasure to have, all these years later!

And that story of the 'unfinished' painting which sold for $150, all I can say is WOW!  I hope you kept a photo of that one.  Your first (or one of your earliest) sales! 

fyllis

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Oh oh oooo, I FOUND it online, so I can print it out!!!!  OMGosh, cancel all my plans for the day, lol.

https://www.google.com/search?q=col...NdP_kWiMM:&usg=__bdRWYfZiXu81z1sRGk0DO3Ds06Y=
That's where I found it too. I just Googled 'adult coloring books cat'. You can find a lot of different pictures if you just change the word 'cat' to what ever you want....like, peacock, bird, horse, flower, etc.  

I like that I can print out the ones I like and not have to buy an entire book. 

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise

That's where I found it too. I just Googled 'adult coloring books cat'. You can find a lot of different pictures if you just change the word 'cat' to what ever you want....like, peacock, bird, horse, flower, etc.  

I like that I can print out the ones I like and not have to buy an entire book. 
That sounds so good!! Unfortunately, last week I was at the PaperStore, and bought a new book. I was at Michael's yesterday and bought another one..I am really bad....

I think I will go wash the dishes, and then start coloring..I need some peace of mind tonight...it will be something easy and not complicated, mindless....that is what I am looking for. mindless ....if I mess up, I do.....I also bought a couple of pencil type erasers for the colored pencils......not a good day..hopefully tomorrow will be better...

I already have the candle lit, nice cinnamon-apple scent int he apartment. I will pour another glass of wine, (wash dishes) then start coloring...frustrated today..

Last edited:

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
Sounds like you have a good plan for your evening @Artiemom  , 
  that your relaxation goes to plan and clears the debris of the day away.   I plan some colouring too.

Freedom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Comfort Food!  You had a rough day and rather than eat it, you colored it!  LOL, did you even realize?!  You did a nice job on that, looks good enough to eat!

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
Great subject matter for a comforting evening @Artiemom  I hope you achieved your relaxed goal.   Let me know if colouring the comfort food bannished the desire to snack or made it worse, I need some help in that direction.   Wouldn't it be a wonderful way to diet if it really did curb the doughnut cravings!  

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise

Comfort Food!  You had a rough day and rather than eat it, you colored it!  LOL, did you even realize?!  You did a nice job on that, looks good enough to eat!
Thank you!! I was just looking for something comforting...never realized it was all comfort food....but that is what I do gravitate to when I am stressed. 

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Remeber the picture of tea cups I did awhile ago? The second MIndfulness book has a similar picture which I finished today:

I think I was going for a retro diner look with the black and white checked background.

Artiemom, I like your comfort food coloring  and your set up
Does Artie watch you color? My cats mostly ignore me but lately the've been trying to eat the pencils

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
I got round to taking some more photos this week and one of the designs I finished at the weekend was the peacock so here's the updated version:

These are a couple of others from the same book that I really like and didn't take long to do.

One from the little cat book I got, and another from J. Benson's mandala book.  The mandala book only has 20 designs and I've completed 8 1/2 so far  -  It's a shame the paper is so thin.