Adult coloring books

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
@Columbine  That finished design is gorgeous, and so neatly done.  The colours are amazing and have the radiance of a stained glass window or something.   Honestly, I could rave about it for ages.

Ha ha, look at my work close up and it isn't neat at all - here's a close up of the peacock tail so show how I mixed the colours up.  It's really quite scrappy.  

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Last edited:

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
I like the variety of designs @Columbine  , are they ones you have printed out or are they from books?   Also, is it metalic gel pens that you have used for some of them?

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
They're all from books. The small ones are from some colouring postcard books I found, and the cat ones are all from the same book - they're designed to pull out (and, being double sided) need pulling out to be able to get to the designs.

Yes, I've used a mix of metallic and glitter gel pens for some of them. I felt like experimenting with a cheap set I found :)

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise

Yes, I've used a mix of metallic and glitter gel pens for some of them. I felt like experimenting with a cheap set I found
and these were ?   (make / shop etc, might I be able to find similar?)

In like gel pens.  When I first started colourg the Secret Garden I just did little bits with gold gel pen and liked the way it looked.   Then I started colouring larger sections.  Always liked the gold gel though, and I like the effect that both you and Catlover19 have achieved with the gel colours.

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I got them from WHSmiths - they were £4.99 for a pack of 30 as part of their back to school promotion. They've changed the packaging now, and are back at full price - £9.99. Not expensive compared to Prismacolor pencils, but not dirt cheap either :slant:

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Great subject matter for a comforting evening @Artiemom
 I hope you achieved your relaxed goal.   Let me know if colouring the comfort food bannished the desire to snack or made it worse, I need some help in that direction.   Wouldn't it be a wonderful way to diet if it really did curb the doughnut cravings!  :nod:
If that was true I'd start colouring right now.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I got round to taking some more photos this week and one of the designs I finished at the weekend was the peacock so here's the updated version:

These are a couple of others from the same book that I really like and didn't take long to do.

One from the little cat book I got, and another from J. Benson's mandala book.  The mandala book only has 20 designs and I've completed 8 1/2 so far  -  It's a shame the paper is so thin.

LOVELY :-)

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Here's the finished piece

Thanks for the compliments newmamaof3 :blush:

MServant - I'm not as neat as you think when you look closely. I love how photos seem to hide a multitude of sins :D

Your colouring always looks very neat to me :nod:
I don't know how you all work out what colours to use. That's what would really mess me up besides not being able to keep in the lines.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
@Columbine
 That finished design is gorgeous, and so neatly done.  The colours are amazing and have the radiance of a stained glass window or something.   Honestly, I could rave about it for ages.

Ha ha, look at my work close up and it isn't neat at all - here's a close up of the peacock tail so show how I mixed the colours up.  It's really quite scrappy.  :hide:
I bet if you look closely at the mona Lisa it's also scrappy, not that yours is.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww, thanks mservant mservant :blush:

I still love that peacock tail. Anyway - feathers are SUPPOSED to be fluffy and wispy ;)

I finally got around to taking some more pics. Here are some of my favourites
Columbine. You should be framing yours. Some of them are superb.

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
:blush: :blush2: :blush:
Aww, thanks stewball stewball .

Choosing colours isn't all that hard once you get going. I find it can help to have a colour palette in mind first (though it doesn't always work that way :lol3: ). It's all about having fun with it. :D

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:blush: :blush2: :blush:
Aww, thanks stewball stewball .

Choosing colours isn't all that hard once you get going. I find it can heLos if i have a colour palette in mind fipregnant mit doesn't always work that way :lol3: ). It's all about having fun with it. :D
I don't have an artistic bone in my body and I'd probablyy draw outside the lines, I'm very clumsy. This is since I got fat, many years ago. I came here weighing 8 stone and now I don't tell anybody how many stones I weigh now. Enough to say I look pregnant full term and then some!!!

kittycort

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
As a human child foster parent, I would sit with my kids and we would color together. It was a great way for us to simply talk, share, and relax. After my last little girl left, I realized I missed coloring!

I looked for adult coloring books at Barnes and Noble but they were all very abstract designs....not my thing. Not to mention, I am not paying twenty books for coloring pages! I have been hoping to find one with nature-inspired pictures....like natural scenery, beautiful pond views, a house near the forest, that kind of thing. Not so easy to find though!

Freedom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
As a human child foster parent, I would sit with my kids and we would color together. It was a great way for us to simply talk, share, and relax. After my last little girl left, I realized I missed coloring!

I looked for adult coloring books at Barnes and Noble but they were all very abstract designs....not my thing. Not to mention, I am not paying twenty books for coloring pages! I have been hoping to find one with nature-inspired pictures....like natural scenery, beautiful pond views, a house near the forest, that kind of thing. Not so easy to find though!
Sure it is!

Go look at the Creative Haven line of books by Dover Publications.  They have FOUR PAGES of coloring books for adults.  Here:  http://store.doverpublications.com/by-subject-creative-haven-.html  Select a few you like.  A C Moore carried Dover or you can search for the titles you like online, have them delivered to your door.  Check out: American Landscapes; Country Scenes; Dream Scapes; Midnight Garden; American Folk Art; and all the artists from Cezanne to the last page!

I picked up Winter Scenes and Winter Scapes at A C Moore for 2 for $10; and I also picked up Angels, and another titled Goddesses, those are $3.99 each. 

You can also search online using Google: free coloring pages nature  See if anything interests you that you can print.   Here, I did pond scenes, to get you started:  https://www.google.com/search?q=fre...q=free+coloring+pages+for+adults++pond+scenes