Adult coloring books

pinkkitten74

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
  The mandala I was doing before and couldn't decide on colours to finish 
  A cat tree completed shortly before going away on holiday for a few days last week.  In Mesdemoiselles Cats book.  Initially I wasn't going to colour the tree or leaves but couldn't sleep...

A little design from the Secret Garden book that I did in bed one night when I couldn't get to sleep.

Jelly fish that I did while I was away on holiday - I did the blue one first then the pink one.  In the Wildlife Wonderland book.

Another mandala done when I was away.  In the Tropical Wonderland.

A cat face done after I got back home.   Not quite as psychadelic as the first cat face one I did.  
  Frogs in the Animal Kingdom book which I am still working on.  I kind of lost interest a bit as while I like the frogs, toads and the pink flower, the purple flowers didn't work out at all how I wanted.

A pineapple design from the Tropical Wonderland book.  I've been slowly doing bits of this one over the last 2 weeks and quite like how it's going so far.
i just ordered the mesdesmoiselle cat coloring book and i was searching and found this site:p i  love your mandalas -from which book are they?

Draco

NOT Malfoy!
Veteran
Purraise
I am debating on buying a set with pencils for my mom for her birthday. She has no hobbies.. so maybe something like this will help her relax.

I don't post much here, but I do like to come and admire everyone's beautiful art! Thank you all for sharing!

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That sounds like a great idea Draco Draco :D Several of my friends will be getting colouring books etc this year :nod: [emoji]127912[/emoji]

I love seeing everyone's work here too. I just rarely get around to posting my own.

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise

I am debating on buying a set with pencils for my mom for her birthday. She has no hobbies.. so maybe something like this will help her relax.

I don't post much here, but I do like to come and admire everyone's beautiful art! Thank you all for sharing!
I bought one of my nieces the Joanna Bansford Secret Garden same time as I bought my self a copy, and gave it to her that year for her birthday together with a little set of 12 fine tip pens.  I think it's a lovely gift even if someone doesn't then take colouring up as a regular hobby, it is something to play with a little and playing is good for the soul. 
   Even a little book and a couple of metalic gel pens is nice together - it was a silver and a gold gel pen I used with my Secret Garden book to start with and just coloured in little tiny bits of the designs.   Prismacolour pencils I learned about here completely changed how I colour in.

@pinkkitten74   The mandelas in the quote you used are from the Magnificent Mandalas adult colouring for relaxation by J Benson.    I got it from Amazon and it's the one with the blue flower on the front - I think it is the first one he did.  The designs are nice to do but the paper is very thin.

I have been doing more colouring  but hadn't got round to taking any pictures recenty.  Mostly mandelas from the book noted above plus some bits in one of the Japanese books I have.   I took some photos earlier so will post some the next time I upload stuff from my camera.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
AC Moore craft stores has coloring books and cloring pencils on sale this week
The Creative Haven books are 2 for $10. The pencils are a band called Fantasia. I don't remember how much the sets cost

The Black Friday flyer has coloring books, including Creative Haven, on sale 3 for $10.

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
I love the toadstools and grapes work @LTS3  .

Finally got round to taking some photos of recent colouring that have been doing.  Here are some of my favourites.

I've been going between the Japanese book and the mandalas one but with the Japanese designs I seem to be doing a little on a few different designs and not finishing them.  I will do though.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I have not been coloring for a long while. I seem to be out of the habit....I know I will get back into it. I have a lot of things pressing on my mind lately. Once I have a plan, go through al the things I have to, I will then get back to the coloring. It does relax me. I do think of some good things once I am into coloring; so I know I will be back to it in a couple of weeks; maybe after T-day and after I redecorate the apartment for Christmas..

It really seems to be the 'craze' right now!  

I was at Michael's store a few weeks ago. They had a huge bin of coloring books! The area where the colored pencils are, was demolished!

At the Paper Store that same day~~~ there was a very nice display of books. I was there again a couple days ago. The display grew larger! Lots of nice books in various sizes. They even decided to make a gift ensemble of a coloring book and a small pack of colored pencils. 

I was at Staples a couple weeks ago and they had a bunch of coloring books also..not much of a variety of pencils, though..

I am tempted to order some good gel pens to try..Maybe a Christmas gift for me...

I also wanted to tell all the artists', that I completely enjoy looked at their creations! They are all so beautiful~ This is indeed a talented group of people..

Last edited:

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
Confession time:   I stupidly went on Amazon today and ended up ordering a whole pile of pencils.  
    It's not like I have loads of money, I just couldn't help myself.  I've been thinking about it for ages, and even tried out a few different ones at a local WH Smith stationary store to see which ones I preferred.    Then today they were nice prices and the order got sent.  
    Very soon I will be testing out Derwent Artist pencils, same make of metalic pencils, and Inktensive which was more of a spontaneous buy as I had seen ages ago that there were pencils you could use on fabric and then when I was reading about the various different ones on the site today I noticed it was the Inktensive ones.  

Just as well I don't have to get Christmas presents for very many people this year and the ones I do need have already been bought!

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
:eek:hno: That must've hit your bank balance a bit :cringe: Which size tins did you get?

I bet you'll enjoy using them though :D I have a set of the Inktense - they're a new generation of watercolour pencil. If you use them dry you need to be aware that the colour transfer is shocking - I'd keep them for books that have single sided pics ;) Having said that, the colours are amazing!

Last edited:

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
That must've hit your bank balance a bit
Which size tins did you get?

I bet you'll enjoy using them though
I have a set of the Inktense - they're a new generation of watercolour pencil. If you use them dry you need to be aware that the colour transfer is shocking - I'd keep them for books that have single sided pics
Having said that, the colours are amazing!
I really want to try the inktense ones on fabric.  
    Good to know about the colour transfer though.   It's a set of 24 inktense, 12 metalic and 
  72 Artist - they were on a very nice offer (I think) and cheeper than I'd seen them before.  It was the Artist ones I tried in WH Smith and really liked them.  I had been thinking about the Coloursoft ones but funnily enough when I tried them they felt sticky and I didn't like them nearly as much as the Artist ones - which are quite a bit cheaper.  

Yep, I am now broke,  
  but at least I should have endless resources for colouring when I can't afford to go out anywhere.   (I wonder if you can eat pencils when you run out of other food?) 

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm surprised you went for the Artist range in the end - you've been so sold on the Coloursoft for so long. Definitely proves how important it is to try before buying these things :nod:

Inktense feel 'sticky' to me too. I got them in a local craft shop, and the owner did say they were amazing for silk painting. FYI - the brightest cat head of mine (2nd one)was done entirely with dry Inktense..and I think I used all 24 of my set in it

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
...... FYI - the brightest cat head of mine (2nd one)was done entirely with dry Inktense..and I think I used all 24 of my set in it
   Nothing like testing out the full pallet!    I do like that design though, and the bright green is a lovely central focal point.

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'd just got the pencils and was all fired up and excited about them :lol3:

The great thing is they use a different pallete to the Artists range, so there should be few to no doubles of colours...with the exception of black and white of course ;)

Freedom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Wow, I need to take some time, scroll back and read all the newest postings.  For now,  I wanted to let you know about a few 'deals' I just found on Amazon.

Creative Cats.  Yes, A C Moore will have the Creative Haven books by Dover Publications on sale 3 for $10 on Black Friday.  But will you get there?  Will this one be in stock?  You can order it now on Amazon for $3.71 -- it is temporarily out of stock, will ship once they get more in. 
Daily Calendar.  This is a calendar with a page to color daily; Sat and Sun share one page.  Says it is over 300 pages.  The pics are not too detailed; and not related to the season (read the reviews). The first review states the pictures repeat.  Later reviews say each is different; so who knows!  But since many of us have started copying our pages to do in different colors, maybe the repeats won't matter.  Still it seemed a good price at $12.31.  There is another similar calendar which is $31!!! 
There is also a monthly calendar -- just 12 pictures -- but that one includes very detailed drawings per the reviews. 

You can currently 'pre order' the new Cat Stickers book coming out June of next year.  I bought a few of these 'little activity books' by Dover, in the stained glass versions.  I'm not really sure WHAT these 'stickers' will be.  It is $1.99. 
Finally, seeing as how we are on The Cat Site, the moment I spotted this, I KNEW I had to share it with all of you:  Minka's Journey: A Coloring Story Book (Coloring Journeys) (Volume 1)    $9.99  I did not order it at this time, though I was VERY tempted! 
Keep coloring and sharing, I love seeing all your works!

Last edited:

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Freedom, are you an Amazon supporter of Melrose Humane?

I got my guy from them!