Young cat just went into labor help please

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
CALM DOWN!

We have been trying to tell you all day to calm down.

Everything is fine! Give the mom a chance to nurse her babies!

Everything is likely good with the mom. Do nothing until tomorrow.

Can you go back and read our advice? Do nothing until tomorrow. Let the babies nurse the mom.

Please listen to what we are telling you and relax.

Last edited:

dragonflyaj

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She is going to spend time away from them for her own well being. A lot actually. I was concerned too. It seemed she was always outside the box when I checked on her. Lol, it's only been 2 days for me, I'm learning too. The pain of loss is hard, and causes anxiety, and you remember the pain from that fear. Simba will do fine, I promise. She will surprise you, and allow you to heal because of what she will show you the next couple days. It will renew your faith in the cycle of life. Let her be away from them the first day. She's tired, her boobs hurt, her entire body is trying to heal. They will cuddle up together, other times one will be alone, but don't stress, they all come back. Be prepared for one to advance faster and the little guy to scare you, but give it time. You helped this beautiful girl deliver 5 amazing new lives. She is grateful more than you know. Make sure to sleep, you will wake up and they will still be there. I'm so happy I came upon this thread. I'm still freaking out, but you helped me calm down by seeing how stressful it is and knowing that I know what to do. You are doing a great job. You really are.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mommyofsimba

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
CALM DOWN!

We have been trying to tell you all day to calm down.

Everything is fine! Give the mom a chance to nurse her babies!

Everything is likely good with the mom. Do nothing until tomorrow.

Can you go back and read our advice? Do nothing until tomorrow. Let the babies nurse the mom. You may kill them with your worrying.

Please listen to what we are telling you and relax.

Hi yes will do. Thank you for the support. I truly appreciate it. Yes I will read again. Sorry for having anxiety didn't mean too. I am staying away. I haven't handled them only earlier to latch on. So far so good. From now on celebration of new life and positivity. I will observe and report back anything but for now I myself need some rest. thank you again.

catwoman707

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hi yes will do. Thank you for the support. I truly appreciate it. Yes I will read again. Sorry for having anxiety didn't mean too. I am staying away. I haven't handled them only earlier to latch on. So far so good. From now on celebration of new life and positivity. I will observe and report back anything but for now I myself need some rest. thank you again.
Exactly what you need, a good night's sleep.

Be sure to sleep too! It refreshes you and makes us much more sensible and level-headed.

Tmrw morning just go check on them, they will be just fine overnight.

Eat a decent breakfast and get a scale.

Then report their weights :)

You are not bothering anyone here, we are here for help and support :)

mommyofsimba

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
She is going to spend time away from them for her own well being. A lot actually. I was concerned too. It seemed she was always outside the box when I checked on her. Lol, it's only been 2 days for me, I'm learning too. The pain of loss is hard, and causes anxiety, and you remember the pain from that fear. Simba will do fine, I promise. She will surprise you, and allow you to heal because of what she will show you the next couple days. It will renew your faith in the cycle of life. Let her be away from them the first day. She's tired, her boobs hurt, her entire body is trying to heal. They will cuddle up together, other times one will be alone, but don't stress, they all come back. Be prepared for one to advance faster and the little guy to scare you, but give it time. You helped this beautiful girl deliver 5 amazing new lives. She is grateful more than you know. Make sure to sleep, you will wake up and they will still be there. I'm so happy I came upon this thread. I'm still freaking out, but you helped me calm down by seeing how stressful it is and knowing that I know what to do. You are doing a great job. You really are.

I can't thank you enough for your kind words and to confirm about the spending time out of the box. I had no idea. I didn't know she was pregnant till 2weeks ago if that. She just popped a belly. If you read the first threat I thought she was a boy and the vet microchipped her as a male. Talk about change of identiy. The vet never checked on her sex because when she got her shots she was very scared to be in a carrier and she actually jumped on his head and scratched his nose and he bleed. And she ran out the office to the waiting area. Talk about a heart attack. I also have a senior cat who I rescued from hurricane sandy she is very old and is an angel she was with my dog who passed and they were best friends. I also have a Daschund who is such a happy funny dog and bring joy but is crazy. Unfortunately since Simba came from the streets to my home they have hated each other it was really the senior cat and other dog. They are separated and I am doing my best. I will go on your thread if you have one and any pictures of your kitty and her babies. I actually found this sit last night prior and said let me sign up thinking I had 2 more weeks or even more. Then she's next to me on my bed and her water breaks. I was in shock. How many did your princess have? Congratulations again and I hope everything continues to go great for your mommy. What a happy time. You are right circle of life. :sun:

dragonflyaj

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you, catwoman707 for reminding her she is not bothering anyone. This is a support site, and this is brand new to her and she is freaking out. She's doing a great job. Not all mama cats have this level of support. It just needs to be Simba's call. She will see that soon. This is a wonderful site.

catwoman707

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thank you, catwoman707 for reminding her she is not bothering anyone. This is a support site, and this is brand new to her and she is freaking out. She's doing a great job. Not all mama cats have this level of support. It just needs to be Simba's call. She will see that soon. This is a wonderful site.
Thank you, that's so nice of you to say.  

mommyofsimba

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Exactly what you need, a good night's sleep.
Be sure to sleep too! It refreshes you and makes us much more sensible and level-headed.
Tmrw morning just go check on them, they will be just fine overnight.
Eat a decent breakfast and get a scale.
Then report their weights :)

You are not bothering anyone here, we are here for help and support :)

Good night I am so grateful to God for your support and this thread. You all truly helped me. I can't thank you enough. She actually chose behind my bed I moved the box there and moved the bed up. I might sleep on couch because to be honest I was sweating because when her water broke i took off the AC didn't want babies being cold. The temperature is good not too hot or cold. It's warm. I know the babies need the warmth. I ate my first meal at 1030pm not a good idea but was so focused on them. She's a young kitty and she did great. So proud of her. Have a goodnight. I will try target or walmart for a scale. And I'll report the weights. :wavey:

tangerinemango

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Your doing a great job. Like others have said let the kittens mom do her thing for the first 24 hours. Please let us know how things are going.

mommyofsimba

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank you so much for the kid words. Thankfully all are latched on and doing ok. This is my first time and trying my best. And mommy Simba so proud of her she is young almost a year. We both are young and inexperienced. Hoe your fur babies are doing good.

mommyofsimba

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
It's been awhile since you posted.  How are things going?
Hello thank you for checking on me. I fell very ill today personal health issues. I had a hard time finding the scale hd finally just purchased one. Lot of places were sold out and didn't have. Did buy a digital and the 2nd target far away from house worth the trip.

She is nursing and when later she gets out of her box to eat or she likes sitting laying down in front of the drawer box I will weigh them and report back here.

I Los wanted any suggestions on her food diet as well. She does have an appetite and is drinking water. She hs access right next to her box oft kitten food I read which will help give her nutrition and adult food and I gave her chicken Brest tiny pieces today he loved. She didn't et her treats which during pregnancy and before she loves. If you have any recommendations.

She cried today and looked at me when one of the orange babies were crying way from the other 4 out of the box.

Here is a picture the lights are dim I don't want to put lights on bright while she is sleeping but you can see them. A few crystal here and there but all seem to be sucking.

Some will be sleeping piled next to each other and there will be 1 or 2 babies latched on I noticed the tiny dark grey runt who I adore.

Also at some point will the cord attached since I cut further away will it dry up and disgard. I don't mind the cords there they are not that long but about 2 inches I just don't want infection.

I also have a huge box and will be cutting it for them.

A question I have seen different answers too is how many days till eyes open?

I'm much more confident and calmer thanks to you and the others support. Truly thankful.
God bless

- Nicole

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
The cords will dry up and fall off on their own in a few days.

Her diet that you're giving her sounds good. She may want to drink a dish of KMR once a day for the calcium. Are you giving her wet food? She needs it.

Eyes can open as early as 5 days and up to two weeks later. They open slowly so never pry them.

Let us know the weights once you get them.

They look just precious! :)

mommyofsimba

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
The cords will dry up and fall off on their own in a few days.

Her diet that you're giving her sounds good. She may want to drink a dish of KMR once a day for the calcium. Are you giving her wet food? She needs it.

Eyes can open as early as 5 days and up to two weeks later. They open slowly so never pry them.

Let us know the weights once you get them.

They look just precious! :)

The weights are in! Let me know what you think :-)

Orange 1 (marked tale with blue sharpie 4.2oz
Orange 2 (marked with green sharpie on back 4.3oz
Orange 3 3.6oz
Black 4.5oz
Dark grey 3.5

I noticed today one time the 2 smallest we're latched on when the other 3 we're away sleeping in corners that common feeding at different times or extra feelings.

Simba was very nervous when I just weighed them but I put the scale in box and did it quick. The last one to get weighed was orange 2 and Simba was stepping on scale but I think I got it right. Will reweigh when? In 24 hours. They were weighed at 11:45pm

As I'm typing I noticed the 2 tiniest grey and small orange 3 are with mom the bigger ones are piled sleeping. Hopefully catching up to the others :-)

The wet food is kitten fancy feast turkey or oceanfish. She's eating in small,doses but did eat the chicken small pieces Should I give her dult soft food

I purchased bio active care just born it says for nursing mothers to mix one scoop I haven't tried it yet. Is kmr like that. I also bought the milk at supermarket to give her by whiskas she's not to into it

Thank you so much :heart3:

mommyofsimba

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
The weights are in!

Orange 1- 4.2oz
Orange 2- 4.3oz
Orange 3- 3.6oz
Black 4.5 oz
Dark Grey 3.5oz

Born August 13 Friday midday
Weighted Saturday August 14 11:45pm

Used digital scale

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Weights are excellent :).

Yes, weigh again in 24 hours. Glad you marked them.

Give mom some of the Bio Care to drink each day. The Fancy Feast kitten food is perfect for her!

It sounds like the little guys have figured out to get some extra nursing in while their siblings are napping.

Everything sounds great! You are doing a superb job :).