Young cat just went into labor help please

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mommyofsimba

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi, hoping you are feeling somewhat better at least!

First off it strikes me that a pair of spunky kittens is the opposite of what they have been used to for many, many years now, 18 and 19 vs 3-4 month old boys?!
Yeah, that's probably a big part of it.
Secondly, not sure if you want to suggest this to her or not, but to teach kittens that night time is sleeping time, they can be contained during the night. A large kennel with a sheet covering it is ideal.
This gets their day/night set in place, just a suggestion but you might not feel okay about telling her this.

I suggest she put a litter box right in the tub where he is pooping at first, then right outside the tub, and so on, reminding that she only wants the box to be used and nothing else.

Third is they should be neutered soon.

Hi thank you for asking about my health it's been pretty hard last few weeks hanging in there.

Yes I totally agree senior cats versus baby kittens is quite a change. I don't feel comfortable telling her that because I am against cages or crating cats and dogs but I do understand. I would imagine they would be sad being confined to cage. Thank you for suggestion.
I did tell her what you said about litter box in tub. The litter box is next to tub and then every few days he was going in tub. But I was trying to think about maybe he wants privacy since open litter box is in bathroom with people in and out. It's one bathroom for the family. Hope that will work.
Maybe he wants his own litter box I told her to get a second put in tub and then gradually move it. He seemed the more dominant one of the two. Even though kittens he might want his own litter box.
And yes I told her about getting fixed. I even found her recommendations and gave her vet used for Simba.

Thank you so much :rbheart: