Yes, ANOTHER "when is my cat going to give birth" thread...but HELP!

krissy marissy

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Is mom finished? Liz wouldn't settle long enough to let the babies nurse until she was done, which thankfully was pretty quick. I helped them latch on the first day because I got super anxious, but I did let them try by themselves first. I'm not sure about gloves, I just washed my hands once I knew the babies were coming.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sianithomas

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
the white and black one is a right little feeder but the all black one cant seem to find the nipple. she is pushing again and licking her bits...i cant believe i havent cried yet!

sianithomas

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
shall i wait unitl she has completely finished before getting the black one to nurse? i see wriggling in her belly, still.

krissy marissy

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
If she's still in active labor I'd keep the babies warm and nearby until she's done. If she takes a break and will lay down then I'd get them latched. It's hard to say without being there so just go with your gut. Don't wait too long to latch them if she's not pushing.

sianithomas

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Baby Number 3 born...kettle is on for a hot water bottle. i'm going to place it just outside the box but leaning against it as its a wooden crate with linen lining

sianithomas

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So far, three kitties. i dont think there are anymore. they are adorable. just hope they will be ok. a lot of screeching going on. white and black one i being a bit naughty and hogging all the teets!

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Yes, put them to nipples if they are struggling. Heating pad should be on low. They need room to move off if they get too warm. Congrats! [emoji]128522[/emoji]

sianithomas

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
They are absolutely beautiful. i think No.4 is coming

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Put the hot water bottle under some blankets under half of the nest. They'll squirm away if too hot.

sianithomas

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Done, going to put a rice sock in all four corners too so they will be warm overnight. its a very bit so they'll be fine, Kitten 4 born...

handsome kitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't know if you want a rice sock in each corner, the kittens and mom need to be able to move away if they get too warm.  they come out steaming and will need to be wrapped in a towel.  they also only hold the heat  for 3 -5 hours depending on the microwave.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
They need room to move away from the heat source if they get too hot!

sianithomas

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
to be honest, my house is pretty warm. One of the kittens is VERY chatty. tried to direct them to the teet but nope. going to be up all night making sure they feed now. 

sianithomas

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
how long can i newbie go not being latched on? how long will it take? i dont want to go to sleep unless i know that perhaps they wil feed overnight