Yes, ANOTHER "when is my cat going to give birth" thread...but HELP!

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
They're not quite ready. Wait another week and try again. What cat food are you offering?

krissy marissy

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My kittens are almost five weeks old and have no interest whatsoever in using the litter tray or eating cat food. Any advice? I don't plan on rehoming the kittens until at leat 11 weeks old
In the same boat lol. Kittens 5 weeks on Saturday and only play in the litter box. They're lapping kmr from a dish. They'll eat turkey baby food, but only from my finger. My issue is that mom comes and eats their stuff right away, despite having her own. I started locking her away to give them a chance first.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sianithomas

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
In the same boat lol. Kittens 5 weeks on Saturday and only play in the litter box. They're lapping kmr from a dish. They'll eat turkey baby food, but only from my finger. My issue is that mom comes and eats their stuff right away, despite having her own. I started locking her away to give them a chance first.
how are your babies, Krissy Marissy? Mine are all quite big now and running around, chasing my daughter

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
You may want to try a pate-style wet food mixed with KMR to make it soupy. Kittens often go for this early on before they take to the dry. [emoji]128522[/emoji]

krissy marissy

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
To answer your question from the old thread, my kittens are doing great! They're so fun right now. They come running over when they see or hear me. They're growing into these giant fluffy balls, just so soft. My children adore them. They're getting really playful and learning to climb everything. How fun is it watching them grow? [emoji]128522[/emoji]

sianithomas

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
To answer your question from the old thread, my kittens are doing great! They're so fun right now. They come running over when they see or hear me. They're growing into these giant fluffy balls, just so soft. My children adore them. They're getting really playful and learning to climb everything. How fun is it watching them grow? [emoji]128522[/emoji]
its loads of fun although they will NOT eat kitten food no matter which way I do it! Monkies!!!

Anyway, another question that I need help with. I'm starting my new job tomorrow. I'm nervous about leaving them on their own all day but adamant on getting them litter trained and started weaning so I can get mama neutered.
Would it be wise to confine them to the kitchen, with mama and a comfy sleeping area, litter trays and food and water? I wanted to start tonight as it is getting really hot here. (24c here today, that's hot for Wales!) so we can air the sitting room. I'll let then out for a wander in the morning and put them back in the kitchen with mommy while I'm in work.

What do you think you lovely people??? Xxx

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
That sounds like a good plan to me! What's the temperature like in the kitchen?

sianithomas

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yes! I think that is a good idea. Let us know how it goes.
ok so they are in there with mama, she has been fed and has her litter tray six/seven feet away from kittens bed. They are walking around, sniffing everywhere and bear has had a little drink of water. They have their trays in there too. Someone did a pee in there when I first put them out a few days ago but hasn't been back since...i dunno who did it but let hope it happens again tonight. We now have all the windows open and the French doors lovely cool breeze blowing through. Hmmm...happy summer everyone !

krissy marissy

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
They'll enjoy the freedom of the kitchen. I am sure they'll use the box soon, mine just started and they've gotten the hang of it already. Took about 2 days and everyone was good.

Still working on the food thing, they turned 5 weeks yesterday and I'm going to introduce them to mush tonight since everyone is now able to lap kmr from the dish.

Our little babies are getting all growed up!