Yes, ANOTHER "when is my cat going to give birth" thread...but HELP!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sianithomas

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
What do I do if two kittens (they are very close and always cuddle together-they look EXACTLY the same)are fighting over the same nipple. They have proper little scrappy fights!!! Lots of crying. The sound like Sweep from The Sooty and Sweep Show (youtube it) its VERY worrying and upsetting but at the same tine hopelessy cute. I know they are trying to seek rank in the Kindle but should I stop them?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
You can try to redirect one to a different nipple, but they may squabble again. They usually work out a nipple for themselves and stick with it for the duration. It can take a couple of days though.

Last edited:

sianithomas

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
You can try to redirect one to a different nipple, but they may squabble again. They usually work out a nipple for themselves and stick with it for the duration. It can take a couple of days though.
they do find a nipple but they often do it starting off.

sianithomas

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
A little kitty update...
All well,all boys, all putting on *on average* 18g a day!!!!!!
Bear is now 156g
Tiger is 182g
Templer is 156g
And Panda is 177g

Very proud of mama cat and my little furboys.

sianithomas

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So all kittens are doing really well and have doubled their birth weight after 7 days. Tiger has his eyes open and Templer is not far off. Is there any reason why mama cat would be excessively licking and cleaning one over all the others

krissy marissy

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Glad they're doing so well. I haven't paid attention to her cleaning, I know they're all getting a good rub down because each morning the coloring in their armpits is gone and I have trouble telling them apart [emoji]128514[/emoji]

sianithomas

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have a little problem. Mama cat looks as though she is attacking Panda. I've only seen it happen once but it scares the hell outta me. She Lays on her side and tries to bite panda and hold him still whole racking him with her back legs. I was smoothing her at the time and then when it happened I've gave her a short "no!". Why is she doing this? She tries to bite them on the scruff of the neck which I know is normal but I didn't think they could do it at just under two weeks

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I have a little problem. Mama cat looks as though she is attacking Panda. I've only seen it happen once but it scares the hell outta me. She Lays on her side and tries to bite panda and hold him still whole racking him with her back legs. I was smoothing her at the time and then when it happened I've gave her a short "no!". Why is she doing this? She tries to bite them on the scruff of the neck which I know is normal but I didn't think they could do it at just under two weeks
Let me say so. If she wanted to hurt him for real, he would be hurt for real.  Cats are tremendous figthers if need so. Rippen open anybody who isnt has thick fur.  So whatevere she is doing, its not meant as any try to hurt.  Probably some sort of disciplinging.   Not optimal with such young kittens, but it does happens, this hind legs ripping.

sianithomas

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Let me say so. If she wanted to hurt him for real, he would be hurt for real.  Cats are tremendous figthers if need so. Rippen open anybody who isnt has thick fur.  So whatevere she is doing, its not meant as any try to hurt.  Probably some sort of disciplinging.   Not optimal with such young kittens, but it does happens, this hind legs ripping.
thanks. She hasn't fone it again so far

krissy marissy

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
That would worry me too. My guys turned 2 weeks yesterday and I've yet to see mom discipline at all. She doesn't pick them up either. Maybe she has no idea how to lol. I'm glad panda is okay!

sianithomas

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Little update. Kitties are almost three weeks old now and are between 380-420g. Templar is incredibly bossy and hisses at me at every opportunity, loves to play but does her sad eyes and ears when rebuffed by her big brother Panda. We have 3 girls and a boy. Bear is coming along leaps and bounds. She had a bit of a gunky eye last week and had to have an injection of antibiotics and some eye cream but she is absolutely fine now. Panda is the only boy and the biggest of the gang. He is a right little lump but loves cuddles. Tiger is very chilled and definitely the grown up of the group.

sianithomas

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My kittens are almost five weeks old and have no interest whatsoever in using the litter tray or eating cat food. Any advice? I don't plan on rehoming the kittens until at leat 11 weeks old

sianithomas

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My kittens are almost five weeks old and have no interest whatsoever in using the litter tray or eating cat food. Any advice? I don't plan on rehoming the kittens until at leat 11 weeks old. Any help/advice would be great xxx