Who is going to watch American Idol tonight?

lilleah

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There is a site about Chris Daughtry being wrongfully voted off. And that the show is rigged. But this happens every year. There was a big story about how the phones were messed up, and most votes that were supposed to go to Chris, went to Kat. Something with the numbers being wrong. And Kat getting most of Chris's votes.

There is a petition out there. And there are 36653 votes to recount the votes again before the show is over.

http://www.petitiononline.com/ChrisD06/petition.html
That's for that petition. Just for all you Chris fans like me. I loved the guy!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by valanhb

Not to be a killjoy...but I don't think any of the three left are stars.

Elliot and Taylor each have a niche audience, and I think Elliot is probably the best singer, but I don't think he'll make the final. Kat might be good, but she oversings and screams just about every song she does. Somewhere Over The Rainbow was better than anything else she's sang in a long time, but she still managed to oversing it IMO. I still think Taylor looks like he's having a seizure when he's "dancing".
I really agree with you on that.

I think Taylor looks insane while he's "dancing" - I just wonder how many cd's he'll sell if he wins - or if he'll end up being another Reuben from the past winner - you never hear anything from him anymore - which is sad

Elliott - I love him, and out of the final 3, I think he's the best, but I have my doubts on whether he'll last and win.

Kat - I don't think she's that great of a singer, she does oversing everything - but if this is about looks and thats why she's still there - then, she might just win.

I'm still mad that Chris is gone. He can outsing all of them that are left - I still can't believe that he got voted off. IMO, Kat shoulda been gone about 4 rounds ago.

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The thing about Elliott, for me at least, is that although he is a very good singer, he is not memorable. I cannot bring to mind even one song he ever sang. Not even tonight...I just don't remember him.

I see what you're saying about Kat, Heidi, but I think with proper management, that can be reigned in. Kelly Clarkson had a tendency to oversing at times, and use a lot of runs, but that seems to have nipped in the bud. She's a better singer for it. Don't get me wrong, I love Kelly, and own every album she put out.

I love Taylor, and think he's incredibly talented. Will he have a career that will stand the test of time? Who knows. I think if they let him do the kind of music he did during his audition, I think he can.

I have to say, I love that Kat stood up for herself when Randy told her that her first song was "the wrong song choice", and told him it wasn't her choice. It finally called Randy out on his "broken record". It's his phrase for the season, and I'm tired of it.

I managed to get 3 votes in for Kat!
I checked dialidol, and it looked like Taylor was safe, so I threw votes her way.

batgirl2good

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It seemed odd to me that Kat was smiling while singing the "I Got The Blues" song.

She's done that before, though.

OTR was great; the other two weren't so hot.
"You've been so hard on me the past few weeks," she said. I'd have never done that.

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by valanhb

Not to be a killjoy...but I don't think any of the three left are stars.

Elliot and Taylor each have a niche audience, and I think Elliot is probably the best singer, but I don't think he'll make the final. Kat might be good, but she oversings and screams just about every song she does. Somewhere Over The Rainbow was better than anything else she's sang in a long time, but she still managed to oversing it IMO. I still think Taylor looks like he's having a seizure when he's "dancing".
I love his seizures and would go see him in concert in a heartbeat!

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Now that Chris is gone, I feel very disconnected from the show. I honestly don't care who wins at this point because the "winner" was voted off. I think Elliot will be going home tonight. He just didn't stand out. Katherine did do much better than she has in previous weeks. I'm just sick of Taylor and his spastic dancing. Dancing in the Dark was ridiculous.

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think the final 2 will be Taylor and Kat. I posted in another thread that I just can't see myself buys a cd put out but Elliot or Taylor. I just don't care for them much.

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Chris was on the Ellen show yesterday.
He sat on a stool, played his guitar and sang.
He was really great.

I think that when AI is over and done...
Chris will still be around.

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by xocats

Chris was on the Ellen show yesterday.
He sat on a stool, played his guitar and sang.
He was really great.

I think that when AI is over and done...
Chris will still be around.
Glad to hear that..........I have no doubt that Chris will go on to be famous.......no doubt.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I agree with Karen - I think the winner was voted off already - if I could have had it my way, the final 2 would have ended up being Mandissa and Chris - they were my favorite and the only 2 I thought really deserved to win.

I didn't even watch the show last night - I didn't even feel that I wanted to after Chris had been voted off.

In all reality, I think Elliott is going home tonight, even though he is my favorite out of the final 3.

okeefecl

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Personally, I don't understand why everyone thinks Kat is such a good singer. To me, each of her performances have been screaming and not singing, and then there are the flubbed notes.... Sure, Kelly Clarkson has a tendency to oversing too, but at least there is something about the tone of her voice that is pleasing. I usually change the channel when Kat sings.

It will be interesting-Taylor is a superb performer but not the greatest singer, Elliot is a suberb singer but not a great performer, and Kat is good-looking and young. Who is going to win? The most marketable, ie Kat.

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think Kat has a great voice. She just needs to be taught how to use it and not over sing. She needs to figure out that you don't have to belt over note so long and loud. I think with a little more work she is Idol material.

snosrap5

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I didn't watch last night.

I really love Taylor but I just don't think he is...
"THE NEXT AMERICAN IDOL".

I think that Chris should never have been voted off but I never voted. So I have no right to complain.

Elliott, I just can't get excited about him.

Kat is a beautiful lady but she does tend to over sing a bit and I just don't think there is room for mistakes in this competition.

shrekfx

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
We all knew elliot was going to get voted off and taylor will win the whole thing.. It's all riged I think.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm totally disappointed that the best singer of the three left tonight. It looked like the judges agreed with me by the expression on their faces.

shrekfx

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Please tell me you're not talking about elliot.. Cuz he's not the best of the three, think Taylor is.. And by far Chris was the best of them all. but ohwell. I dont watch that show anymore. I'm boycotting it. :p