Who is going to watch American Idol tonight?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

alaynna

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
this could of been a great show....the idols didn't take advantage of such an easy song theme!! I liked the way Chris sang the creed song, but I do agree with simon that he needs to tone it down a little.....he needs to sing a little bit softer rock....of all the creed songs i dont know why he chose "what if", that is the hardest rock song they sing...he should of sang "my own prison" or "one step closer".......I hope that it doesn't put him down in the bottom 3

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Originally Posted by valanhb

What a disappointing night. I agreed with Simon pretty much the entire night - and he was harsh! What was up with the country songs at 1/2 speed? No wonder neither Kelly nor Bucky sounded good. And rock songs with electric piano/organ? HUH? Was it just me or did Katherine sound horribly sharp?

As for who should go...anyone's game tonight. They were all bad - some were just worse than others.
I can't say it any better than this.

If I had to choose, I would say Paris was the best, although it still wasn't good. I think Lisa has a very good chance of going because she sang first and was forgettable.

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was so disappointed in all the "idols". I was really excited to hear their choices and how it fit their personalities. They picked horribly. Katharine's song was okay but what was she wearing? It looked terrible IMO. Ace and Chris do okay last night too.

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love Chris as do you all but he needs to pick something else and quit shouting his songs..........hopefully next week will be better!

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I thought Ace was horrible. I love Chris, but that wasn't his best last night.

sbw999

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Ace was terrible. The song he sang is one of my favs, and he butchered it. I think he should take the long walk tonight. Chris is a rock star waiting to happen, but he is a little out of place on Idol. Great rock voice though. Mandisa and Katherine have the best pipes by far, and sounded good to me last night. Lisa made a bad choice because she showed that she cant hold a candle to Kelly in singing talent. The song choices were terrible, but what can ya do. Hopefully they will do better next time.

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I thought that the whole show was forgettable last night.

The only thing I enjoyed was Taylor's irritating "woo" when he talked to the judges.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Originally Posted by xocats

The only thing I enjoyed was Taylor's irritating "woo" when he talked to the judges.
What am I going to do with you?

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by xocats

I thought that the whole show was forgettable last night.

TAYLOR TAYLOR!!

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It was an off night for sure!!!
I like the way some of the sylists are dressing some of the contestants though-but Ace's hair was so flat looking!!!
Elliott didn't do too bad-Chris was like screaming that song!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

alaynna

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Phenomsmom

I really don't like the cut they gave Kellie. She looks like a little kid to me!
I thought something looked different about her...my husband said that she looked like a boy...lol...

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Why does Ace look like he's either in pain or about to cry (or both) every time he sings? Though I have to admit...it's getting to the point where I want to cry every time he sings.
How long can he last on the "cute" vote?

OMG - that is some prom dress!

I think Chris was screaming over the band last night. Definitely not his best performance, and he really does need to change it up a little.

I wondered about the length of the songs too. They were all very short, especially compared to how long the songs were in the last few weeks.

Overall, I think Lisa is going. She's been in the bottom 3 for 2 weeks, and she really proved last night that she doesn't measure up to a former Idol winner.

ugaimes

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Bradley had a good point last night.

The judges are all about the contestants taking a song and "making it their own." Guess what? When the idol releases their CD, all of the songs will be original!

So unless their first album coming it is nothing but covers, they'll have no choice BUT to make the album they're own. That said, I don't know why the judges are so concerned about contestants changing up the songs during the actual competition (though it does make things more interesting).

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think Simon and Randy are getting crazy with the make it your own. IMO if you can't make it your own and make it better than the original just sing it like the original artist did.

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I can see their point about making the song their own. Anyone who can carry a tune can kareoke a song, but it takes some guts to do something different with a song. A lot of bands/individuals cover songs on their albums, and they do make them different songs almost. Tori Amos does amazing covers, sometimes they are nothing like the original except for the melody and words. Granted, she's an amazing musician in her own right, but she still does something different with someone else's song.

I think part of the problem this week is that a) they knew the songs too well as recorded, as opposed to the 50s theme where they might not have intimately known the song, and b) if you cut a song down to 1 minute or so, you can't do much except sing one (or part of a ) verse and the chorus. Not much room for individuality.