What's the weather and temperature like where you live?? - 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

ganesha0

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm afraid I will experience humidity first hand here in the Peach State. Oh never mind. I like it in here (I've been told it's an unusually warm winter).

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
It's supposed to get to 60 today. We may break warmth records for February.

rgwanner

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I was just reading the posts about all the COLD winter weather.  I grew up in Northern Indiana so I can relate.  I live in Atlanta now.  We normally have mild winters but this year is insane.  Today it is supposed to be 78! IN FEBRUARY!  Sunny.  The downside is that it was not cold enough to kill the bugs so we are going to have zillions of roaches, ants, and fleas this summer.

And a question - what in the world are Yaxtrax?  A type of boot?  In Atlanta we just wear boots for style, or rainboots.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
According to my phone, we are currently at 49 F and til I go for my walk today, the temp will be close to 60 F with a high of 67!

Oh, please, keep up these temps! I am loving them! It's so nice walk in a sweatshirt instead of a heavy coat, gloves, muffs, and Yak Trax.

Our last day of the warm temps is tomorrow and we'll be back down for the weekend. I shall take what I can get and be thankful.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, the birds have all been out calling and looking for mates.. I saw a pair of red finches fly by my balcony, yesterday..

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background

I was just reading the posts about all the COLD winter weather.  I grew up in Northern Indiana so I can relate.  I live in Atlanta now.  We normally have mild winters but this year is insane.  Today it is supposed to be 78! IN FEBRUARY!  Sunny.  The downside is that it was not cold enough to kill the bugs so we are going to have zillions of roaches, ants, and fleas this summer.

And a question - what in the world are Yaxtrax?  A type of boot?  In Atlanta we just wear boots for style, or rainboots.
They are these ice thingies you put on your shoes so you don't fall on bum on icy areas. They are useful up here in the northeast. I am in NH and it's been unseasonably warm!!

All the snow on the roof is pretty much gonzo but I still have 2.5 feet of snow in the shade. Honeybee is still stuck to only going on the deck or the stone walk way which has some ice/snow or water on it depending on time of day. She misses the green grass to munch on. Today going to be 60. I took the hood off my winter coat and left the sweatshirt home. just wore my coat with my long sleeve mens button up cotton shirt/t shirt. It's nice not running the heat here at work. I actually have to run the AC around this time and until I leave=someone still kept the heat on out in the shop. Jon left the heat on last night. woke up in sweat. it was 28 this morning-and it was nice yesterday afternoon over 50?! So nice not having my face freeze and my hands ache. I will take it!

Sunny 60s today! One year I was planting stuff in the middle of march...we have too much snow for that this year but maybe by April! Last year we had a strange winter and cold for awhile..we still have a drought going despite the amount of snow. It's been 2 years..we hope they send us more rain. Wonder if those windmills are blowing the moisture out of here? Always wonder why we have such a problem with rain/drought! Why can't it just be normal!?

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We have had almost 2 full weeks of above-60-degrees weather. It was great! Broke a lot of temperature records. But now it's back in the 30s and we're supposed to get a big snowstorm :(. Possibly 8-14 inches. Ugh, I really hope we don't get that much.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hope you don't get it either @Willowy  because then you know it will head east and we are eager to start spring!! And I don't want to shovel any more stupid roofs! My dad getting up in age and I would have to go help him out if we got too much snow-he's in a similar home as mine=so it's not hard to do but just a royal pain. I think I am going to invent some type of ramp to put the snowblower up on the roof and have someone run it while I push snow into it lol. I know that the weight of the snow blower and the amount of angle I need to build a ramp ontop of the house would be too much but hey I can dream right?!

2Cats4everLoved

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Gorgeous here in NYC today.  Could get close to 70.  

Only problem is you can feel a slight dose of humidity in the air, which is something I don't handle well.  

I'm loving this weather, but we here in the city really needed a few more freezing days to kill all the bacteria on the streets and pollen from last year, it's sunny but smells like sour mild (among other odors).  

Enjoy the day people, where ever you are

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Mid-70s, but just started raining cats and dogs and little sticks to beat 'em with!

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
It is 70 degrees !! In February!!!   I was driving around, without a jacket, car windows all the way down, wind blowing through my hair, with the radio blasting.. me reliving my youth!!!  

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Hail, thunder and lightning early this morning - nothing like a wake up call at 3 a.m. 
   Weather channel says 40 but when I went out it was damp and dreary, feels much colder than 40.  Alas, our burst of unusual Feb. warmth this past week has come to an end.  

Primula

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It is 70 degrees !! In February!!!   I was driving around, without a jacket, car windows all the way down, wind blowing through my hair, with the radio blasting.. me reliving my youth!!!  
Same here in CT. Got as high as 71. Had to dig out my flip flops. Went for my daily walk & ended up practically in my underwear on top as I was sweating bullets. Makes me afraid though for polar bears. Poor things - global warming is destroying their habitat.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It was 73 F yesterday
Today is a bit cooler, only reaching into the low 60s but still very warm for a New England February.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
was 34 degrees at home yesterday morning at 6 but here it was like 43. then the afternoon around 65ish-windows open in my truck and saw a few motorcycles! I wouldn't ride until we get a decent rain to wash the salt n sand off the roads-being pelted by sand and junk hurts on the bike! Everyone was smiling and in a good mood yesterday! This morning it was 39 at home and 46 here. very foggy where the snow is. Damp air though. Can't complain. Showers coming late tonight but then gone..could be what we need to wash the salt off the roads etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.