What's the weather and temperature like where you live?? - 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

ganesha0

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
But you got A LOT of rain, didn't you?. Isn't that dangerous?. Too much water too soon might result in landslides. I really hope that doesn't happen at all!.

JamesCalifornia

Mr.Mom to a house of cats 😇😼
Top Cat
Purraise
Ganesha0said [emoji]10134[/emoji]
But you got A LOT of rain ...
~ Yes we did ! It's raining now as I type . We have had a few landslides and flooding in parts of the state. In Los Angeles there have been a few sinkhole that swallowed cars. Wow !
My kitty cats think the raindrops on the windows are toys to play with. HA !
~`[emoji]128569[/emoji][emoji]9748[/emoji]

Last edited:

ganesha0

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Toys to play?. That is so kitty cat of them. Anyway let's hope you guys get enough rain, just enough, so you don't have tremendous wildfires this summer.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You can send some rain our way, we found your drought I think. It's been so gorgeous here it's hard to complain about the lack of moisture. 60's all week, 75 tomorrow. We've hit two new record highs for February in the last week. Rude awakening Friday though, 30's for a high, I hope it's bringing moisture!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Low 40's and sunny right now with a little wind. It's supposed to get colder as the day goes on though.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
We're supposed to get into the low 60's once again today with thunderstorms tonight.  This will definitely be a February to break the records. 

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
60F here right now, and pouring down rain.  We've had an inch of rain since last evening.  2-1/2" predicted before this system peters out.  

Primula

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's all over the Weather Channel and we usually don't have "weather", just  "climate", so for California to be on the Weather Channel is really something,
LOL. We always had a joke in England that we don't have a climate - only weather.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Oh My ... I just moved to the Peach State. Will I fry in the summertime?.
No.  In Florida you fry.  In Georgia you will steam.

It's going to be near 80 this week.  I really need to get somewhere cooler.  I do NOT want to have to go back on medication to keep my skin from sloughing off due to heat!

ganesha0

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I know. I once went to Florida in July. Never again!. Bad idea. I prefer hills, mountains and forests.

red top rescue

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I live in the hills/mountains/forest/lakes part of northern Georgia and love it.  We are almost always 10 degrees cooler than Atlanta.  I'm right next to Lake Allatoona.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No.  In Florida you fry.  In Georgia you will steam.

It's going to be near 80 this week.  I really need to get somewhere cooler.  I do NOT want to have to go back on medication to keep my skin from sloughing off due to heat!
I knew a lady who moved from here to Fargo because it's too hot here :lol3:. She would wear shorts and t-shirts in the winter. I don't want to be that naturally warm but I do wish I had slightly warmer blood!

Last edited:

arouetta

Slave of Bastet's acolytes
Top Cat
Purraise
I had the windows open to air out the house and just now I decided it was a tad chilly and the windows need to be shut.  Looked at Weather Underground, it's 59 degrees.  And I'm just now noticing a bit of a chill?

JamesCalifornia

Mr.Mom to a house of cats 😇😼
Top Cat
Purraise
Mamanyt1953 said :
In Florida you fry. In Georgia you will steam.

~ Florida is humid ! Rain almost every day . I like California better . (But the people in Florida are very nice.)

Last edited:

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We had our third day of unseasonably warm. 73 degrees!  I went walking saturday, and today!   Going down to the mid 40's tonight, & high tomorrow supposed to be 67.

I've had the windows open during the day too. I'm feeling it starting to get a little chilly as well. Just looked at my weather chnl app, & it's 60 right now at almost 7pm.  Time to close the windows soon! 

ganesha0

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
@ Angels mommy

Do you have extreme weather up there?. 30 degree fluctuations in a single day is a lot.

Last edited:

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
@ Angels mommy

Do you have extreme weather up there?. 30 degree fluctuations in a single day is a lot.
It does seem to do that a lot. It really has been an easy winter. I think it's only gotten down into the upper 20's a couple of nights or so. mostly 30's & 40's depending on the month. I hope this doesn't mean a very hot summer! The humidity is enough!!  

Status
Not open for further replies.