What's the weather and temperature like where you live?? - 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Gorgeous....it's absolutely gorgeous today! Close to 60, the sun is shining, and it's a wee bit breezy. Perfect for walking.

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thunderstorms, high winds, and hail on the way. Tornado on the ground not far away. Buildings down, electrical tower down. Ground stop at O'Hare.

catlover73

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thunderstorms, high winds, and hail on the way. Tornado on the ground not far away. Buildings down, electrical tower down. Ground stop at O'Hare.
That was some scary weather last night.  I was sitting at my desk on my computer and a very loud burst of thunder shook our town home.  There was also some very bright lightning at the same time.  I actually ran outside to check if our satellite dish had been struck by lightning and it was not.  I was up most of the night due to the loud noise.  I am glad I am off work today so I can get some sleep.  Normally I do some cleaning on my days off.  Last night when hubby and I went to bed he told me to just take it easy today and catch up on my sleep.  He knows I have a really hard time sleeping through noisy storms.  I hope everyone impacted by this weather stayed safe last night.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise

That was some scary weather last night.  I was sitting at my desk on my computer and a very loud burst of thunder shook our town home.  There was also some very bright lightning at the same time.  I actually ran outside to check if our satellite dish had been struck by lightning and it was not.  I was up most of the night due to the loud noise.  I am glad I am off work today so I can get some sleep.  Normally I do some cleaning on my days off.  Last night when hubby and I went to bed he told me to just take it easy today and catch up on my sleep.  He knows I have a really hard time sleeping through noisy storms.  I hope everyone impacted by this weather stayed safe last night.
Yes, it was awful last night.  A friend of my husband has a trailer near Ottawa where the tornado struck, he's going there to check on it today.  

Gloomy and rainy today with temps in the 30's and mixture of rain/snow tonight with high winds. 

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Almost 80 degrees, and VERY VERY windy!  It's a good thing I broke down and bought Little Bit an actual stoneware dish!  I was tired of chasing the plastic storage container lid all over the yard!

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise

Shiver! Where is our warm California weather? It's not even 65, but clear, light wind and it just won't warm up inside. It's colder in here than outside, I'll have to turn on the heat and put on another sweater.
Come to the windy city of Chicago if you want to shiver. 
  temps below 30 tonight with snow showers.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise

when you live in soCal you become a wimp as far as temps are concerned, that's why I lasted in WA state for only 14 months and it does not get anywhere as cold there as it does in Chicago.
LOL, that's probably why I don't like when the temp. gets above 70 in summer. 

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Dear lord, but it is gusty outside! We haven't heard or seen or felt winds like that in a long time. That cold front came through with a bang. Lots of t-storms and lots and lots of wind. Thankfully, it's supposed to die down sometime today; if it doesn't stop by lunch time, I'm not walking in that mess. 

Currently at 37 F with sun (and wind!)

We are starting to worry about some of our trees. Last week's 60s and 70s temps made them start budding out and it's way too soon. We are to be in the teens for lows this weekend. We lost a pretty weeping cherry tree a couple years ago because of early budding, followed by a severe freeze a week later, and we'd hate to lose more flowering trees this way. 

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
clear skies this morning-sun rises now on my way to work. 50 degrees. breezy. They have a wind warning this afternoon for Massachusetts. The wind chill is supposed to be 20 this afternoon and evening. I brought my sweat shirt and forgot to put the hood back on my winter coat=I took it off because it's always getting caught in my hair-Velcro and hair hurts! My sweatshirt has a hood. Looks like clear skies or a few clouds but mostly sunny today.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
65 degrees, cloudy and VERY windy off and on.  March has come in like a lion, indeed!

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

65 degrees, cloudy and VERY windy off and on.  March has come in like a lion, indeed!
Colder here in western New York, but equally lion-like.  A gusting 62 mph lion demolished my next door neighbour's 70 foot Silver Maple, in fact.  Spring arrives in eighteen days !

Primula

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Spring arrives in eighteen days
Wow, it does? Didn't realize that.

36 degrees here. Hooded jacket is in the wash so made the mistake of walking for 2 hours without a hoodie. Unpleasant. CT forecasters creaming themselves over forecast 20 degrees for tomorrow. Cleaning day so will not be outside, thank goodness.

lavishsqualor

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's a fantastically beautiful day in Orlando, Florida.  The temperature is 71 degrees and there is NO HUMIDITY!   Alas, I fear that this is short lived.  In a month we'll be swimming in Central Florida's unbearable humidity and heat.  If I had my way, I'd be living in Vancouver, B.C.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
it's quite cold here today -- currently 22 degrees F, and gusty winds (up to 24 mph). the evening before last, we had high gusty winds here, so much so that my storm door was pulled off and the neighbor's trampoline (full sized) was blown over to my back yard from two houses/yards away.

overall though, it's more like April here than March. 

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Cold, cold, cold. 11 F when Rick and The Beast went out this morning and now we're up to 15 F. Sunny though and it actually looks nicer than it is.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Only 12 degrees when I got up with a negative wind chill. It's sunny at least, but I did see people playing golf next door a little while ago! :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.