What's the weather and temperature like where you live?? - 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
back in Laguna Woods, CA after a 2 yr absence
More rain sunny Southern California today. Not anything really heavy just showers on and off until evening, now clear again. Chilly, well, what we call chilly, not over 65 today and going down into the low 50s tonight. I'm glad for the rain, we'll take all we can get after all the drought ridden years we have had. Everything is green again instead of the dried up brown. The farmers are happy, it means good harvests for them, particularly avocados and citrus, a little early for strawberries which get dirty from the rain splashing on the rows that they grow in. But they'll be sweet and juicy, oh yes. I'll be planting my spring/summer garden soon if it doesn't rain again for a few days.

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

It's a fantastically beautiful day in Orlando, Florida.  The temperature is 71 degrees and there is NO HUMIDITY!   Alas, I fear that this is short lived.  In a month we'll be swimming in Central Florida's unbearable humidity and heat.  If I had my way, I'd be living in Vancouver, B.C.
That's why we have some people living here who have homes in both Florida and California: summers in Calif, winters in Florida, best of both worlds. If I had to choose between the two for year round I'd choose Calif.

I can't stand the humidity you have in Florida.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Blustery! Gusty! Windy! Good grief! I walked over to take the clemantines to Rick's mother during my lunch break and thought I was going to get blown away. Sunny, but so windy outside, it's ridiculous. Had it been cold, that would have been crazy and I'd have never walked it. But it's about 58 F, so it wasn't too bad.

But did I mention that it was really, really, REALLY windy?!

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah it's really windy here too. Yesterday we were in a wind advisory. . .it was a warning up north; they had 60 mph gusts! "Only" about 40 mph here.

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's been really windy here too, but warm this week.
Supposed to be on the mid to upper 70's through Friday, again, unseasonably warm! But, going to cool off this weekend.
I think mid 50's & rain on Sunday.
It's 2:15 here & 71 out. I actually put shorts on today!
Sammie's follow up dental is today at 4:00. After going out this morming, she came in at 1:00, & I have kept her in, not trusting she'd be back in time to go, so she's not happy w/ me right now! ...But at least the windows are open.
Oh no, now she's pawing at the door. Played to distract her, but only works for a little while. :/ She's gonna have to deal w/ it. It will also be too close to dark when we get back, so she is gonna be mad at me all day!

ganesha0

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
It's been really windy here too, but warm this week.
Supposed to be on the mid to upper 70's through Friday, again, unseasonably warm! But, going to cool off this weekend.
I think mid 50's & rain on Sunday.
It's 2:15 here & 71 out. I actually put shorts on today!
Sammie's follow up dental is today at 4:00. After going out this morming, she came in at 1:00, & I have kept her in, not trusting she'd be back in time to go, so she's not happy w/ me right now! ...But at least the windows are open.
Oh no, now she's pawing at the door. Played to distract her, but only works for a little while. :/ She's gonna have to deal w/ it. It will also be too close to dark when we get back, so she is gonna be mad at me all day!
I guess we are lucky in the Peach State. I must take the weather into account when I bring a feline friend home.

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I guess we are lucky in the Peach State. I must take the weather into account when I bring a feline friend home.
Yes, I think our weather here in NC & there are usually similar. I have a friend in GA. That I talk to all the time. It usually is, or we get what they just had, or visa versa. 

Poor Sammie was so stressed out driving to the vet, she actually started panting! I had the air on for her, & pointed all vents her way!  Vet said she was perfect. The tooth extraction healed well.

Hopefully now, she won't have to go back for almost a yr. for shots! 

ganesha0

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yes, I think our weather here in NC & there are usually similar. I have a friend in GA. That I talk to all the time. It usually is, or we get what they just had, or visa versa. 

Poor Sammie was so stressed out driving to the vet, she actually started panting! I had the air on for her, & pointed all vents her way!  Vet said she was perfect. The tooth extraction healed well.
Hopefully now, she won't have to go back for almost a yr. for shots! 
Poor Sammie. Tooth extractions are painful for us. Just imagine for a cat that cannot tell you anything. Pets did not evolve to withstand situations that for us humans are normal (surgeries, abrupt noises), and they can get easily stressed. Just imagine if you add the weather into the picture. I will not get into any details, but yes, some people adopt
Cat and Dog breeds that might suffer in the GA weather, especially during the summer. That's why I will only considered Short Hair cats and dogs for adoption.

Last edited:

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Poor Sammie. Tooth extractions are painful for us. Just imagine for a cat that cannot tell you anything. Pets did not evolve to withstand situations that for us humans are normal (surgeries, abrupt noises), and they can get easily stressed. Just imagine if you add the weather into the picture. I will not get into any details, but yes, some people adopt
Cat and Dog breeds that might suffer in the GA weather, especially during the summer. That's why I will only considered Short Hair cats and dogs for adoption.
I can understand that. Yes, I couldn't imagine having something like a Husky down south!  

Yes, she did really well. she's a little girl, (Still 9.8 lbs today), & so little teeth, & was just one, so she actually only needed the pain meds for the first two days after. She actually seemd fine the second day, but knowing how cats can hide pain, didn't want to take any chances, but yes, was eating normal, playing, etc... 

OK, everyone sorry for the little 

It's 5:45 pm, & still at 71 here! BUT, weather channel app says going down to 43 tonight! ...Crazy weather! Up & down, up & down! &  AaaaaCHooo! 

Last edited:

ganesha0

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I can understand that. Yes, I couldn't imagine having something like a Husky down south!  

Yes, she did really well. she's a little girl, (Still 9.8 lbs today), & so little teeth, & was just one, so she actually only needed the pain meds for the first two days after. She actually seemd fine the second day, but knowing how cats can hide pain, didn't want to take any chances, but yes, was eating normal, playing, etc... 

OK, everyone sorry for the little :hijack:  

It's 5:45 pm, & still at 71 here! BUT, weather channel app says going down to 43 tonight! ...Crazy weather! Up & down, up & down! &  AaaaaCHooo! 
Oh never mind. This is allows me to talk about Short Haired cats, American or Domestic.

The Husky is just one extreme example, but you don't need to think exclusively about breeds apt to live in the Taiga and the Tundra. Any short muzzled breed, or any breed that comes from cooler, northern climates, will probably suffer in our summertime.

Last edited:

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've got a Persian and a Maine Coon, lots of hair and I'm in SoCal. My kitchen, long hallway, entry and bathrooms all have ceramic tile which are really cold. I see the Maine Coon spread out on the tiles but the Persian loafs on the carpet in front of the heater, or in her basket and in the sunshine on the patio. It can't be warm enough for her. She sleeps in my bed under the down comforter with me. Some cats are just weird.  I also run the AC in the summer and she wants no part of that. The Maine Coon however appreciates it.

ganesha0

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I've got a Persian and a Maine Coon, lots of hair and I'm in SoCal. My kitchen, long hallway, entry and bathrooms all have ceramic tile which are really cold. I see the Maine Coon spread out on the tiles but the Persian loafs on the carpet in front of the heater, or in her basket and in the sunshine on the patio. It can't be warm enough for her. She sleeps in my bed under the down comforter with me. Some cats are just weird.  I also run the AC in the summer and she wants no part of that. The Maine Coon however appreciates it.
Yes, I suppose some pets are peculiar. The family's Shih Tzu is very picky, however.
She's perfectly fine with being walked out at 32 degrees under a clear sky, but she hates damp weather. And forget about taking her for a walk in the summer midday sun (we wouldn't think about doing that to her either).

Last edited:

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
cold this morning. 30s. cloudy. snow in mass. we will get a flurry this afternoon...tonight supposed to be brutally cold -12 real feel with the wind. it was very windy yesterday. Looks like the weather kids are saying we may have a noreaster next week tuesdayish. I am DONE with this CRAP! I have had sinus headaches and crap from going back and forth with this stuff. Ready for spring.

lily paddy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
26 cold.. was 50 and 60 all week.. single digits this weekend, very cold 10 day pattern coldest week of winter for us here!! Breakin out the crockpot!    

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
Our rain is over for awhile, I think. It's been sunny and warm here. Already 55F at 6:30 a.m. and should get up to around 70 today.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It was 9 degrees this morning :/. After being 70 degrees on Sunday. And we're supposed to get some snow, maybe 2-4 inches. Lousy Smarch weather :D.

SeventhHeaven

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
 1 degree right now  had  Snow yesterday 4-5 inches

Today Rain is expected to wash it all away! 

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.