What's the last thing you ate?

Status
Not open for further replies.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What's the cheese section got to do with the coconut section?
Sorry. I misread. I've been misreading words lately which are so ridiculous that I have to go back to see what I read?
ie I once read terrorist as terrestrial! :dk:

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I love white peaches!

Last night, dinner was the last thing I ate.

But on Saturday? We took some apple dumplings out of the freezer! I had made them back in November, wrapped them well, and froze them. Rick had the "apple dumpling munchies" on Saturday, so I got a pan of them out of the freezer and threw them in the oven. They were still wonderful. (Which is good because there's another pan of six dumplings yet in the freezer.)

peaches08

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Those apple dumplings sound heavenly.  I'm about to eat some Totino's pizza rolls.

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had my recipe for slow cooker beef short ribs, big salad, 1 gluten-free very small rosemary and olive oil ciabatta roll, and 1 serving of milk chocolate with almonds.  I love my diet :)

peaches08

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I had my recipe for slow cooker beef short ribs, big salad, 1 gluten-free very small rosemary and olive oil ciabatta roll, and 1 serving of milk chocolate with almonds.  I love my diet :)
Is that recipe posted somewhere?  Sounds delicious!

I had some oatmeal and coffee.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Rick wanted Oreo cookies when we went for groceries last night....I had two Doublestufs. Yum (you cannot go wrong with extra filling in cookies)

Drinking my morning coffee now.

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Is that recipe posted somewhere?  Sounds delicious!

I had some oatmeal and coffee.
I don't have it up on my blog yet..so here goes!

Little of this and that Short Ribs
by Pat Krook

Ingredients:
2 lbs. approximately usually a bit more of Beef Short Ribs (bone in)
2 tsp. bacon fat
1/8th tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. black pepper
1-1/2 tsp. smoked paprika
1 tsp. chipotle chili powder
6 garlic cloves (sliced)
1/4 cup water
2 tsp. organic unfiltered apple cider vinegar

In a large skillet, melt the bacon fat, add all seasonings, lightly sear the short ribs, add the water and 2 tsp. of vinegar and braise for several minutes each side.

Place ribs in slow cooker, scrap any residue from the skillet atop the ribs.  Pour 3/4 cup water with 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar over the ribs, put 5 chopped whole scallions atop. (could skip or substitute 1/4 cup diced onion if you wish).

Cook on high for 5-1/2 hours.

Meat will be falling off the bone, and the flavor, at least to me (and my husband) is outstanding!  I adapted this after reviewing a bazillion recipes online for short ribs.

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Than you Pat!  I saved it to try when ribs go on sale.
I would say if you aren't a fan of the tang of apple cider vinegar to cut the amount you use.  I just had 1 last tiny rib for breakfast and was thinking about what I tasted - the slight smoky bite of the chipotle, the smoky paprika, the tang of the apple/bacon flavor.  I know what we like, just don't want to disappoint anyone who makes this :)

peaches08

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I would say if you aren't a fan of the tang of apple cider vinegar to cut the amount you use.  I just had 1 last tiny rib for breakfast and was thinking about what I tasted - the slight smoky bite of the chipotle, the smoky paprika, the tang of the apple/bacon flavor.  I know what we like, just don't want to disappoint anyone who makes this :)
Good that you warned for those that don't like the tang.  I like tangy foods, but I like tangy foods when I want tangy foods, lol!

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

A large helping of pineapple chunks and some cream - yummy.
Mmmm I love pineapple. I had some in the fridge last week but the last bit got shoved to the back and I just found it yesterday when I was tidying the fridge. I had to throw it out. 

peaches08

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A small piece of pork with ginger and a bowl of Ramen noodles.  Believe it or not, I'm craving Ramen noodles lately.  At least it's a cheap craving!

Status
Not open for further replies.