What's the last thing you ate?

Status
Not open for further replies.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
oh, so you've got a 7" square baking pan. yes, a bundt cake is circular with the thing in the middle (that leaves a "donut hole" in the middle of the cake). do you mean lightly browned or light in texture? i use vegetable shortening to grease my bundt pan and grease it generously. occasionally, i'll have trouble getting the bundt cake to let loose of the pan. what i use is a plastic knife to go around the edges of the cake to loosen it.

if you have a recipe you like for a cake already but it's too much batter for your 7" pan, you could use the 7" pan and as many spots in a muffin tin as needed to use up the rest of the batter.

i do have a wonderful recipe i found for blondies though. i got it at smitten kitchen dot com -- great website! i make a version of the blondies with mashed bananas and walnuts in it -- banana walnut blondies. i dream about those blondies sometimes, they're so good.
I meant was it light in texture like a sponge.
I don't know what blondies are and my DiL doesn't eat bananas.
Could you give me some easyish recipes without nuts?

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I meant was it light in texture like a sponge.
I don't know what blondies are and my DiL doesn't eat bananas.
Could you give me some easyish recipes without nuts?
the pound cake texture is heavier, more dense. most of the cakes i bake are more dense, more moist.

oh, blondies are like blond brownies. they don't necessarily have chocolate in them, though they sometimes have chocolate chips in them.

i'll take a look through the recipes i use often and see if i can find some without nuts. i would say most of my cakes, cookies, and bars recipes have nuts in them.

catsallaround

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A payday bar.  I debated getting the 10 pack from BJ's and figured why not it lasts a long time:)  Had one in car as husband unloaded stuff from cart and had another at home.  Been craving salt and blood pressures been low I think(getting monitor soon)

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A payday bar.  I debated getting the 10 pack from BJ's and figured why not it lasts a long time:)  Had one in car as husband unloaded stuff from cart and had another at home.  Been craving salt and blood pressures been low I think(getting monitor soon)
What's a payday bar?

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Those look good. It's always good when blood pressure is lower. Mine has been normal so I am trying to cut down on salt so it doesn't go up. When I had Aimee (over 10 weeks early), it was like 165/120, yesterday it was 119/74 so it's definitely much better this pregnancy.

I had 2 pieces of cinnamon raisin toast with butter. I hate cinnamon and raisins but I saw it at the grocery store yesterday and wanted it. 

Last edited:

catsallaround

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My fear has been it will be to high only cause of weight and Dad has HBP but it started when he was 50's or so.  My Mom always has low and especially during pregnancies it would really stay down.  

Everything pretzel from Wawa.  

pinkdagger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My parents have a blood pressure monitor - my mom has low iron and high blood pressure, and my dad has high blood pressure, so they both need to monitor constantly and medicate appropriately. I love checking mine (not sure why) and will do it multiple times when I'm home and whenever I see one in a pharmacy.. right now, mine is always low but not anemia low, thankfully.

Dark chocolate covered raisins and yogurt covered raisins!

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I borrowed my father in laws blood pressure monitor while I am pregnant so I can monitor it at home. My mom started getting high bp when she was pregnant and has had it ever since. Same thing happened to me in my first pregnancy and I've had it since but it's actually been pretty good this pregnancy.

I ate some shrimp. I gave in to my craving but they weren't as good this time.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Those look good. It's always good when blood pressure is lower. Mine has been normal so I am trying to cut down on salt so it doesn't go up. When I had Aimee (over 10 weeks early), it was like 165/120, yesterday it was 119/74 so it's definitely much better this pregnancy.

I had 2 pieces of cinnamon raisin toast with butter. I hate cinnamon and raisins but I saw it at the grocery store yesterday and wanted it. 
Did you like them?

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yummy.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Some tortilla chips with salsa and Hungarian hot pepper relish.

catsallaround

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sausage egg and cheese on bagel from Wawa.  They have a deal going you get the sizzli and any size coffee for 2.99.  Sizzli is 2.69.

pinkdagger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A nasty salad D bought from this place called SALAD TO GO and it tasted like it was doused in Dawn dish soap. So nasty. So disappointed.
Eww!

Oatmeal made with soy milk and some honey and almond granola with strawberries and blackberries. Getting hungry again though..

Status
Not open for further replies.