What's the last thing you ate?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
2.8 oz. piece of ribeye, 1 cup zucchini. 1 oz. half and half with decaf coffee.

rachelinaz

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
D got me a salad from this place highly ranked called SALADS TO GO and got me a Asian salad.
WORST SALAD of my life. If it was dressing and I don't think it was... tasted like dish soap. I am amazed I didn't start blowing bubbles right there.

So I have not eaten since yesterday. A turkey sammie. I need to find something. After the salad, I have not felt hungry.

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
A bit of left over vegetable lasagne from last night, followed by some orange curd on brown bread with sunflower and pumkin seeds, and then a packet of Minstrels.

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You had shrimp??????
You're pregnant!
Nothing wrong with shrimp while pregnant in moderation. It was gross though, I threw the rest of it out.

I had Arby's roast beef sandwich and a few curly fries for lunch. We were in the city so I had to get something to eat.

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise

Nothing wrong with shrimp while pregnant in moderation. It was gross though, I threw the rest of it out.

I had Arby's roast beef sandwich and a few curly fries for lunch. We were in the city so I had to get something to eat.
I get @Stewball  's concern as for a while there was advice not to eat shell fish during pregnancy but that seems to have changed now as long as it's cooked properly.   So much advice and always changing! 

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I get @Stewball  's concern as for a while there was advice not to eat shell fish during pregnancy but that seems to have changed now as long as it's cooked properly.   So much advice and always changing! 
There's so many rules for what you can't eat. I made sure to look it up before I ate the shrimp because I wasn't sure. I always look at www.canmommyeat.com if I'm not sure. 

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1 tiny salad, and a fried chicken sandwich with brioche bun, and jalapeno coleslaw. Decaf with half and half.

happybird

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise

My darling husband did the grocery shopping and decided milk chocolate chips from the baking aisle would be less expensive than my usual bag of Hershey's Nuggets from the candy aisle. I've been getting little chocolate crumbles everywhere. His thrifty substitutions, among other things, are why I don't like him to do the shopping. He thinks the chips taste semi-sweet (they don't), so I will be back to my beloved Nuggets later this week. ;)

catsallaround

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
LOL happybird-that is SO something my husband would do.  And he would come home with the math to prove that he saved .xx per lb.  I needed grated coconut and I saw him wander to the chips section and I KNEW what was coming next. 

Everything pretzel and a Payday bar. and now...I am out of them:(  

Last edited:

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1 egg in 1 tsp. unsalted butter with 1 sautéed mushroom and 1 sautéed scallion. 1 slice cheddar cheese melted atop the egg.  1 oz. half and half with my decaf coffee.

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We went out for breakfast. I had scrambled eggs, ham, home fries and rye toast. 
 I haven't had lunch yet even though it is 2 pm.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
LOL happybird-that is SO something my husband would do.  And he would come home with the math to prove that he saved .xx per lb.  I needed grated coconut and I saw him wander to the chips section and I KNEW what was coming next. 

Everything pretzel and a Payday bar. and now...I am out of them:(  
What's the cheese section got to do with the coconut section?

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Pretzels. :lol2: Seems I am always listing that as the last thing I ate. Lately it has been my go-to snack.

What kind do you buy? I prefer Snyder's or Utz.
I love Snyders Sourdough pretzels and nibblers. Dip them in low fat cream cheese. Very satisfying to me. :D I don't think I have seen Utz Pretzels in the stores near me. Will have to take a closer look. A Whole Foods is opening this Fall near me. I wonder if they will carry Utz.

----------------------------------------------

An argula salad with avocado, tomato and shredded carrots topped with cheesy croutons and no fat ranch dressing.

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

My darling husband did the grocery shopping and decided milk chocolate chips from the baking aisle would be less expensive than my usual bag of Hershey's Nuggets from the candy aisle. I've been getting little chocolate crumbles everywhere. His thrifty substitutions, among other things, are why I don't like him to do the shopping. He thinks the chips taste semi-sweet (they don't), so I will be back to my beloved Nuggets later this week. ;)
OH that is so funny. And, you know what. I have done that. :lol3: Have purchased a bag, now and again, of semi-sweet dark chocolate chips as a candy snack. :clap::clap:

Status
Not open for further replies.