What's the last thing you ate?

Status
Not open for further replies.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A boiled egg. I bought my favourite brand of eggs last night. The yolks are bright orange. It's a tell tale sign that the chook ( Australian for chicken) was fed green feed and was able to roam around outside. That makes me feel better for stealing her egg. So many chooks are living in terrible conditions, it breaks my heart.
Unfortunately there are unscrupulous farmers who put something coloured to make the egg look like the chicks have beenfree sand eaten corn. I buy expensive eggs as they've free range with beautiful yolks.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A very nice Granny Smith that I cored, peeled and cut into eights and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had meat lovers pizza. Aimee had an appointment over an hour away today and I was really hungry so I had to get something to eat.

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
Paprika spiced pork sausage with roasted peppers and onions with haloumi, followed by a large pile of Minstrels chocolates as a pudding.

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hamburger helper....we aren't feeling too great so it was just a quick easy dinner tonight. I had some cake for dessert that my neighbour brought over yesterday. She bakes cakes and made one and brought me some.

pinkdagger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cheesey spaghettini noodles with tomato sauce, sauteed mushrooms, spinach, celery, and baked garlic. With lots of black pepper and melted cheddar!

laralove

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just had three of the Hershey Miniatures Special Dark assortment. So glad they came out with these! The dark chocolate one was always my favorite, so now to get a whole bag of dark with the Mr. Goodbar and Crackle in dark? Yes, please!

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
Chicken breast stuffed with mushrooms wrapped in bacon and in a marsala and red wine sauce, served with little mini roast potato bites with herbs.  The potatoes weren't quite crispy enough but the chicken was nicer than I expected.  Some soya yogurt with honey for dessert, and now contemplating a slab of Millionaire's shortbread.

peaches08

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had a BBQ chicken breast.  It was OK.

Chicken breast stuffed with mushrooms wrapped in bacon and in a marsala and red wine sauce, served with little mini roast potato bites with herbs.  The potatoes weren't quite crispy enough but the chicken was nicer than I expected.  Some soya yogurt with honey for dessert, and now contemplating a slab of Millionaire's shortbread.
I like the sound of yours better.

peaches08

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

It was nice, but I have to confess to being no more involved in the cooking that taking it all out of the freezer and placing it in the oven as per the instructions on the box. 

LOL!  It still sounds better!  I used to make a good BBQ sauce with a cheap Kraft sauce, but I've forgotten how to make it and wish I'd written it down.  I'm on the hunt for a good sauce.

This morning I had a can of clam chowder.  Honestly, it was disgusting.  Thank goodness for an iron stomach because I hate wasting food.  Now I'm having some roasted and salted pumpkin seeds to kill the taste in my mouth.

laralove

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm in the process of cooking french toast with sauteed peaches, but the last thing I had was a housemade sausage with hoisin mustard, Sriracha, and Asian slaw from the local butcher at the summer farmer's market and music series last night.

Status
Not open for further replies.