What's one positive thing you can say about the last 24 hours of your life? 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

laralove

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I got a very unexpected email today. Some of you may remember that job I was very excited to get a few months ago, for which I made it to the interview process but was then rejected. The man in charge of that program emailed me about that job. They originally posted "at least three positions" and hired three people. He said they decided to add a fourth position and wanted to know if I am still interested!

I did a phone interview and he said I should know tomorrow whether or not I have the job. I think this came about because of a vice chancellor I met with last week who has been impressed by me, though I don't think the gentleman who interviewed me is yet sold on me being a good fit for the job. Hopefully he decides to give me a shot, though, because I know I can make him and everyone who has supported and recommended me proud.

Last edited:

ondine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I got a very unexpected email today. Some of you may remember that job I was very excited to get a few months ago, for which I made it to the interview process but was then rejected. The man in charge of that program emailed me about that job. They originally posted "at least three positions" and hired three people. He said they decided to add a fourth position and wanted to know if I am still interested!

I did a phone interview and he said I should know tomorrow whether or not I have the job. I think this came about because of a vice chancellor I met with last week who has been impressed by me, though I don't think the gentleman who interviewed me is yet sold on me being a good fit for the job. Hopefully he decides to give me a shot, though, because I know I can make him and everyone who has supported and recommended me proud.
Fingers crossed. Good luck!

peaches08

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Crossing my fingers for you!

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
Had a wonderful afternoon yesterday with my stepdaughter, shopping and then seeing Maleficent.  

dragonheart

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
How was Maleficent? Never was big on Sleeping Beauty but the trailer made it look pretty good.

I just ordered a gorgeous print to put in my bathroom. Because of the reno work we had to change, well, everything so I made my own theme--a koi pond. Naturally the print I picked is a painting of a koi. 
 This is what I ordered. The floor is a nice dark slate, the walls will be a cool blue. Perfect for the print to just pop out.

catsallaround

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Did a much needed shopping trip of randoms for the house.  Needed but things you put on back burner for when you have a bit more money...:S

Also picked up a indian meal for dinner-heat and eat but looks yummy.

peaches08

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Did a much needed shopping trip of randoms for the house.  Needed but things you put on back burner for when you have a bit more money...:S

Also picked up a indian meal for dinner-heat and eat but looks yummy.
I'm so jealous!  I haven't had Indian food in years.  And for some reason that is a type of food NOT found here. 

andrya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
lt was my first night on my new job and new shift last night.

ln spite of being anxious and not being able to sleep, it went really well.

l slept like a baby today so tonight should be good 

catsallaround

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No indian near you.  How sad:(  There area  few here but mostly to american for my taste.  We have a place hours drive that is blocks and blocks of Indian-food,clothes,market after market.

http://www.oaktreeroad.us/  It is PACKED weekends.  They go all out for holidays too. 

rachelinaz

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Having Ms Ana cuddle with me. Shevis such a cuddler. Love it. However she normally cuddles with Darren, not me... so today was nice. Plus she and Louie the dog snuggled which is rare.

Bad thing is... I am not able to upload off my phone and I am not sure why. :( so I cant show you.

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
Mouse got me up at 6-30 am this morning which is a really rare thing for him.  Anyway, turned out I had been negligent in my poop scooping duties last night and he wanted a clean tray.  Once I was up and my duty completed I decided it was a nice sunny morning to stay up and relax a while before work.  Mouse was such a happy cat when he saw me go through to the living room rather than back to bed:  his tail shot straight up and he had a real bounce in his paws as he followed me about looking for me to play.  How could I not smile at that?  

(Well, as long as he only does it occasionally!)

Last edited:

rachelinaz

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Smart Mouse! Heheheee

Mouse got me up at 6-30 am this morning which is a really rare thing for him.  Anyway, turned out I had been negligent in my poop scooping duties last night and he wanted a clean tray.  Once I was up and my duty completed I decided it was a nice sunny morning to stay up and relax a while before work.  Mouse was such a happy cat when he saw me go through to the living room rather than back to bed:  his tail shot straight up and he had a real bounce in his paws as he followed me about looking for me to play.  How could I not smile at that?  :D   :rub:     (Well, as long as he only does it occasionally!)

peaches08

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

No indian near you.  How sad:(  There area  few here but mostly to american for my taste.  We have a place hours drive that is blocks and blocks of Indian-food,clothes,market after market.

http://www.oaktreeroad.us/  It is PACKED weekends.  They go all out for holidays too. 
I have tons of fine dining around me, including Sea Island, yet no Indian food.  I've never heard of it as an occasional "feature" in fine dining here either.  Until you brought it up, I hadn't even thought of that!  The curries here are all Asian-inspired.

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise

How was Maleficent? Never was big on Sleeping Beauty but the trailer made it look pretty good.

I just ordered a gorgeous print to put in my bathroom. Because of the reno work we had to change, well, everything so I made my own theme--a koi pond. Naturally the print I picked is a painting of a koi. 
 This is what I ordered. The floor is a nice dark slate, the walls will be a cool blue. Perfect for the print to just pop out.
It was good!  I enjoyed it.  My stepdaughter had already seen it once and wants to see it again, she liked it so much.

rachelinaz

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My hubby brought in the cat tree we bought over a week ago. They loooove it!

Why dh waited a week... just to irritate me knowing I couldn't carry iy in.

I am just so happy it is in the house and they love it! Yippppeeeeer

Curious if they will sleep in it or we will all crowd into bed again. At last check... Wally and Elsie on the top tier... Mew and Ana on tier 2. :D

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Except for some finish work, the new roof is done. Whew. It's just in time for some heavy rain today. :nod:

catsallaround

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My neighbor is on the list to get new roof-supplies delivered but no work yet.  It is all tarped up as storm we had month or 2 ago did a lot of damage to hers and also ours from falling branches.

I started tomorrows cleaning today so few less boxes to wash.  Also been working on washing cat blankets.  Few down:)

dragonheart

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
The new schedule went up yesterday and I was really excited to see I have July 4th off. I almost never get any good holidays off so it is very unexpected. Too bad I have to work the next morning so it's not like I can really enjoy it too much but hey, an extra day off is an extra day off.

Status
Not open for further replies.